Josh Allen and starters will play against the Bears

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Correct. Beane saw Bernard and Dodson and said, “I’d rather play them than give Edmunds that contract” lol

That's a guess

He said I'd rather play them, plus explore all other options that are available to me at the time, and then made the decision 

And I doubt this was solely Beane's call

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's a guess

He said I'd rather play them, plus explore all other options that are available to me at the time, and then made the decision 

And I doubt this was solely Beane's call

That's pretty hair splitty for me but sure. He took the unknown + Bernard + Dodson over paying Tremaine.

Edited by FireChans

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Meh, as long as they can play the run decently I’m not sweating. 

On the back end, if Poyer/Hyde/White can perform to their usual standards, I doubt our pass defense takes much of a dive if at all.

I'm with you. The secondary should be much better next year.  I think the myth of Edmunds protecting the middle was way overblown. He wasn't that good in coverage, pretty bad in man to man actually, and had very few pass break ups. He did have some so I'm not saying he was a liability in coverage, I'm just saying I don't think he was the difference maker some on here thought he was.

Obviously we will found out soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm with you. The secondary should be much better next year.  I think the myth of Edmunds protecting the middle was way overblown. He wasn't that good in coverage, pretty bad in man to man actually, and had very few pass break ups. He did have some so I'm not saying he was a liability in coverage, I'm just saying I don't think he was the difference maker some on here thought he was.

Obviously we will found out soon enough. 

I don't think it was a myth, particularly last year. Last year was his best year in coverage by a MILE. He allowed a passer rating of 69.9 last year.

The two years prior his number was >100.

Now that's a flawed stat at Edmunds position in particular, but I think last year he was necessary for our pass coverage because of how piss poor the secondary was at times.

This year, we have the boys all back.

Edmunds/Hamlin/Dane/Poyer/CB2 rotation vs Dodson/Hyde/Tre/Poyer/CB2 rotation isn't really close imo in comparing pass defenses. I go with option #2 all day long.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:40 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Are those 10 mins or so of preseason action riskier than the 1,020 minutes of football all starters will play over a 17 game regular season?

Thanks for asking. Yes. Especially so when it’s your franchise QB in a preseason game that doesn’t count.

😒

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.