Has anyone checked on Louis Riddick? (Trey Lance news...)

eball

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The only way a team with an established starting QB would be interested is if he renegotiated & got rid of the guarantees & roster bonuses.  That's not happening, at least not in Buffalo.  

I agree. And no team that needs a starter would trade for a 3rd stringer. Only option I see is 49ers cut him, he clears waivers and signs a small short term contract. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

Would love him as QB2. Very similar skill set to Josh. Not saying he’s Josh or as good as Josh. Josh is a unicorn. That said, Lance could benefit a lot from being his understudy. 

That said, I see some other QB starved or uncertain organization taking a swing before Beane does. A team like the Vikings makes a lot of sense. Sit a year behind Cousins. Could be wrong, but I think Lance may even be from Minnesota. 

There are multiple teams that would actually part with a decent pick for a lotto ticket QB.

The Bills are not one of them.

49ers would be smart to either trade him to a team that would play him *this* season, or work out a deal/arrangement to have Lance get playing time in the XFL/USFL/CFL. 

Lance is exactly the kind of player that would benefit from a full season of "minor league" professional football experience where he's the guy, for better or terrible.

Edited by dpberr

Remember when a lot of talking heads were saying that Lance was going to be the next JA17 and even better in some cases.

Just goes to show that all these boom or bust prospects are truly just that, but in Lance case this dude definitely one of the biggest busts of all time considering the circumstances and if not for the 49ers being a serious contender in recent years folks would be out of a job for sure.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Remember when a lot of talking heads were saying that Lance was going to be the next JA17 and even better in some cases.

Just goes to show that all these boom or bust prospects are truly just that, but in Lance case this dude definitely one of the biggest busts of all time considering the circumstances and if not for the 49ers being a serious contender in recent years folks would be out of a job for sure.

I remember Josh doing the commercial before the draft where he told Lance not to listen to the critics.  

There was, is, & will be only one Josh Allen.  

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I’d take him. What would he cost? I’d like to have a younger QB as a back up and they could develop him. I’m not sure Lance in good, but he didn’t have much of a chance. Sat behind Garropolo and then broke his ankle. 

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He isn’t a bust yet IMO. He needs a chance in a new place. 

Edited by Breakout Squad

2 hours ago, eball said:

Last August Louis Riddick of ESPN said Trey Lance "is my long shot for MVP," "has the ability to take the league by storm," and "could have an All-Pro, legendary type of career."

Trey Lance is now 3rd string on the 49ers behind Mr. Irrelevant and Sam Darnold.

:lol:

Shocker!  An ESPN analyst who is so far out there it’s laughable.

Not directed towards you eman as you’re a friend.  My sarcasm is towards that ars clown of a network.  They replaced years ago analysis with click bait hot takes.

• Eyeroll 1

so the speculation should be this:  After he gets cut, where is he (and his agent) likely to decide is the best spot for him.

it seems like he will view himself like Mitch Trubisky.  "i am a starter.  I just need a fresh start and a place to learn"

so, the only teams that would trade for him and that contract are teams Lance would never choose to go to. 

Cardinals would be smart to offer something.  (irrelevant division rival).   But first, Cardinals should back-channel to recruit Lance.  "chance to start games early in the season, and chance to 'stick it to' 49ers twice per year. 

Edited by maddenboy

7 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

so the speculation should be this:  After he gets cut, where is he (and his agent) likely to decide is the best spot for him.

it seems like he will view himself like Mitch Trubisky.  "i am a starter.  I just need a fresh start and a place to learn"

so, the only teams that would trade for him and that contract are teams Lance would never choose to go to. 

Cardinals would be smart to offer something.  (irrelevant division rival).   But first, Cardinals should back-channel to recruit Lance.  "chance to start games early in the season, and chance to 'stick it to' 49ers twice per year. 

Why do you hate the Cardinals' Fans so much. Imagine having to have Murray and Lance on your team.  Ugh. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why do you hate the Cardinals' Fans so much. Imagine having to have Murray and Lance on your team.  Ugh. 

cardinals should leak their interest.  As a bone to the fans (look at us trying).   Lance wont go there because Cards have too much money tied up at QB, and because 1 week of preseason is not enuf to be able to start in Kyler's absence.

The cardinals are drafting a QB first overall next year.    Which is why Lance could actually start games at the beginning of Next season.  and since the rookie will get lots of preseason reps next year, Lance can learn the offense as understudy this year.  And start 3-4 games next year before the rookie takes over.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

There are multiple teams that would actually part with a decent pick for a lotto ticket QB.

The Bills are not one of them.

Agreed that there is a list of teams I’d think would be (should be) more interested than the Bills. A few of them named within this thread. I think he’d be the perfect backup to Josh, but unlikely Beane parts with the necessary resources to land him. 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

To be honest, Josh Allen has a lot of people believing that success is now a shoe-in for these big, raw, athletic QB’s. 

Before Josh Allen, they were projects.

💯 the Richardson hype has reach next level. I do love the prospect but man it’s wild.

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Its a rookie contract. 

For the 3rd overall pick, it ain’t cheap.

The 9ers would owe more on the cap to get rid of him than keep him.  Unless he’s a distraction, look for him to stay right where he  is until after the season or when they get decent compensation for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.