Has anyone checked on Louis Riddick? (Trey Lance news...)

eball

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Makes zero sense for the Bills. We have our QB for the next 10 years. We don't need a guy to develop. We need a solid vet behind JA that is ready to step in and win a game or two of needed. 

Lance is clearly not ready to play NFL football. He needs to go to a team not in win now mode, that needs a long term QB and wants to take a chance on developing him. 

Atlanta and Tampa Bay have talent on offense with big question marks at QB. They strike me as his best options. 

• Agree 2

Tampa Bay would be smart to take a look at this. They have Baker and Trask. Lance would see some snaps at some point. Problem could be for what they gave up to get him I don't see the 49ers giving him away for low value. Especially after losing something like 16 QBs to injury last year (or so it seemed)

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Last August Louis Riddick of ESPN said Trey Lance "is my long shot for MVP," "has the ability to take the league by storm," and "could have an All-Pro, legendary type of career."

Trey Lance is now 3rd string on the 49ers behind Mr. Irrelevant and Sam Darnold.

:lol:

If you're going to taunt Riddick, you should taunt Shanahan too. He's the guy who traded a fortune in picks to move up to number 2 to get him. When one does that, one has visions of MVP for that player too. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Tampa Bay would be smart to take a look at this. They have Baker and Trask. Lance would see some snaps at some point. Problem could be for what they gave up to get him I don't see the 49ers giving him away for low value. Especially after losing something like 16 QBs to injury last year (or so it seemed)

TB and Atlanta. Atlanta is sneakily loaded on offense except for QB.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen was a project and this is for backup. Lance, as inexperienced as he is, has a 5 td to 3 int with 85 qb rating. That’s better than the 2 “experienced” guys we currently (Barkley has a career 66.6 qb rating!!!).

put me in the camp of guy Shanahan liked who is super experienced over 2 known sucky (but nice guys).  

Not me.  

Kyle Allen is a guy who can be Josh's backup for five years or more.   Lance will be one or two and done.   He's inexperienced and inconsistent.  

Give me the guy who projects as a long-term backup. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Beast said:

To be honest, Josh Allen has a lot of people believing that success is now a shoe-in for these big, raw, athletic QB’s. 

Before Josh Allen, they were projects.

Facts. Allen's mentality is just amazing.  Dude refused to not be an elite qb 

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If you're going to taunt Riddick, you should taunt Shanahan too. He's the guy who traded a fortune in picks to move up to number 2 to get him. When one does that, one has visions of MVP for that player too. 

Shanahan and John Lynch for sure...but I've never heard either of them be dismissive of Josh Allen the way Riddick has been.

Riddick has an agenda, from what I've seen.  I just remember the statements last year, saying Lance would be the best dual threat QB in the game while ignoring what Allen has done (which is unprecedented).

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, wppete said:

If I was Beane I would explore the possibility of Tre Lance if he can rework that insane deal. No one will trade for him with that contract. 

The overall deal was horrible. But he's very affordable for any team trading for him. All but about $10M was signing bonus.

Don't expect to see him here, though

1 minute ago, eball said:

Shanahan and John Lynch for sure...but I've never heard either of them be dismissive of Josh Allen the way Riddick has been.

Riddick has an agenda, from what I've seen.  I just remember the statements last year, saying Lance would be the best dual threat QB in the game while ignoring what Allen has done (which is unprecedented).

Riddick has been pretty complimentary of Allen in the past few years. He's a Bills fan because of his brother.

45 minutes ago, eball said:

Last August Louis Riddick of ESPN said Trey Lance "is my long shot for MVP," "has the ability to take the league by storm," and "could have an All-Pro, legendary type of career."

Trey Lance is now 3rd string on the 49ers behind Mr. Irrelevant and Sam Darnold.

:lol:

Well, this is why I take the talking heads in the media with a grain of salt.  

The only guys I pay attention to a little are the guys who are former HCs and GMs.  But even when these smart men speak, I acknowledge they know a million times more about the NFL than I do, but I'm not necessarily convinced they know more about the current Bills squad. 

Many of us here intensely focus on just one team and get to know that team pretty well.  My opinion of our players rarely changes even a degree when I hear the national gurus compliment or critique them.  And I yawn when the network voices predict either success or failure for our team.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

3 pick overall. 4 year $34 million contract for a 2nd or 3rd string QB is absolutely insane.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/trey-lance-72382/

The only way a team with an established starting QB would be interested is if he renegotiated & got rid of the guarantees & roster bonuses.  That's not happening, at least not in Buffalo.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The only way a team with an established starting QB would be interested is if he renegotiated & got rid of the guarantees & roster bonuses.  That's not happening, at least not in Buffalo.  

Which begs the question, why would he give up guarantees to go anywhere?  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.