Practice Wed 8/16 starting with Dorsey interview

Beck Water

56 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

This discussion of Shakir possibly getting cut is crazy talk. 

He made some plays for us late last season. This is his second yr and he’s still under contract for a while longer. It would make zero sense to cut him. 

I mean, no one at that end of the roster is truly 100% safe, but yeah I can’t see them cutting him after one year either.

I’m kind of hoping Isabella makes the roster because of his skill set in the slot…that being said, I have to wonder if thinking he makes it is just as wishful think as wondering if Shane Ray will pan out. 

Are we overvaluing these guys because of their draft position? Likely, yes. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

In summer 2019 Isabella was getting a lot of hype in the fantasy world - take that for what it’s worth.  

If I recall I think he got banged up to start that season.  I’d have to check.  

Then Covid 2020, Kingsbury, Kirk playing in front of him - road blocks.  

I think he makes the team.  It’s not just from his play last week but it’s how they’re talking about him.  

Lots of excuses.  Occum’s Shaver says nope.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

In summer 2019 Isabella was getting a lot of hype in the fantasy world - take that for what it’s worth.  

If I recall I think he got banged up to start that season.  I’d have to check.  

Then Covid 2020, Kingsbury, Kirk playing in front of him - road blocks.  

I think he makes the team.  It’s not just from his play last week but it’s how they’re talking about him.  

Can personally attest through my various fantasy leagues - yeah he was very intriguing to a lot of people coming in in ‘19 for Arizona. For whatever reason or reasons his production just never materialized. I hope for his sake and ours that was more of a function of the Cardinals being a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Capco said:

I love the pronunciation guide on the depth chart lol.

"BASS (like the fish)"

"Gouraige (rhymes with garage)"

🤣

Funny read the guide and what struck me is that Rousseau which I always pronounced correctly sounds bit like the Polish word for chicken soup or broth.  ROSOL with accent on the last O and the L  that has line thru it making  the polish sound of a English w.  So I'm gonna take it as a sign that Rousseau is gonna be the Souped up version as he barrels past dlineman.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m kind of hoping Isabella makes the roster because of his skill set in the slot…that being said, I have to wonder if thinking he makes it is just as wishful think as wondering if Shane Ray will pan out. 

Every season or two there's someone some of us overvalue because we like the story.  The league is dotted with them.  Most of the time they're just that - overvalued.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

This discussion of Shakir possibly getting cut is crazy talk. 

He made some plays for us late last season. This is his second yr and he’s still under contract for a while longer. It would make zero sense to cut him. 

I’d be shocked if he got cut, but if he doesn’t win the returner job then I won’t be shocked if he’s inactive some weeks.

Edited by gobills404

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:
4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

He was drafted in 2019 draft.  It's 2023  subtract 2019 that's 4 years.

It's 5.  

1. 2019

2. 2020

3. 2021

4. 2022

5. 2023 - 5th year in the league

Possibly his 5th year.  If he makes a roster.  😎

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, vincec said:

How could Kyle Allen and Matt Barkley have possibly “graded out the same”? If that’s the case then I seriously question the grading system. More likely, IMO, is that they really want Allen to win the job so they are talking him up and giving him every opportunity.

Yea Josh better be looking over his shoulder and doesn't think he's invincible.  Why they need to keep adding to oline until it they earn the nickname Ft Knox  where the Bills protect their treasured Golden Child Josh Allen.   

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Also they already have gone thru much of their learning curves. It isn't unusual for the game to take several years for wrs to really bloom to their potential.  Isabella maybe just speed but if he can sync with Allen thats all he may need. He won't be asked to do too much so splitting reps in slot with Kincaid will keep both healthier and productive through a long season.  And might keep some teams from taking cheap shots.  After all they might not want to face Kincaid in the slot if he pans out as expect he will.  And vice versa if Isabella is a effective slot then will they want to have to match up with a bigger player in Kincaid.

Not sure how physical he plays te as he's more the flex slot than blocking type.  Still having to wrap up a bigger player is more work than dealing with a lightweight.  

Edited by AuntieEm

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I felt people were too hard on Allen. Loved what Barkley did but Allen was playing against better D and he can run. Had no issue…keep both 

Keep both on the active roster? No chance. One will be sent to the practice squad sure. Whether or not they stay there or get scooped up is another question. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Keep both on the active roster? No chance. One will be sent to the practice squad sure. Whether or not they stay there or get scooped up is another question. 

He did have a very rough day, but there is also a point that he had some key drops that made his day worse.

• Simon unpinned this topic
37 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

No need to keep both on active roster.  Barkley and his wife appear to like the family  atmosphere of the Bills and the area.  It's easy enough to call up a ps player to the 53 if needed and I'd think either K Allen or Barkley would be scooped up, do you keep K Allen up as he still is developing and has a stronger arm.  If he gets up to speed more he has more similar skills to Josh than Barkley has.  

Edited by AuntieEm

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the league found kirk to be worth a massive contract. It should tell you how wide the gap is between Isabella and even an average starting WR 

The Jaguars found him to be worth a massive contract, yes. Not necessarily "the league".

Furthermore, the contract Jacksonville signed him to was pretty universally panned and second guessed as being a massive overpay.

Still, I take your point.

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He did have a very rough day, but there is also a point that he had some key drops that made his day worse.

I don’t disagree with that. But the other poster I was replying to saying “they both looked fine. Keep them both,” that wasn’t the case and that isn’t happening. 

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

3rd qb rule back here…absolutely keep them. No reason not to. Or keep Barkley on PS because nobody will steal him and just move him up before game day 

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

3rd qb rule back here…absolutely keep them. No reason not to. Or keep Barkley on PS because nobody will steal him and just move him up before game day 

I believe the 3rd Qb has to be on the 53 man roster but doesn’t count as an active spot on Gameday. I don’t think we go with 3 Qbs but like you say Barkley to the practice squad as he likely doesn’t get scooped up.

I guess it still can be a different conversation if Kyle doesn’t show anything the next two weeks. 

20 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Ken Dorsey has a nuance the way he answers press conference questions that bothers me. He starts some of his answers with "Yeah, no....." And sometimes, "No, yeah......" 

I know a lot of folks have little quirks with the way they speak, but this just sticks out to me. 

Sat in on a meeting and a speech he gave his first year here. The "yeah" drove me nuts. Tuned him out really quick and so did a lot of his audience, he had to stop a couple times to get everyone's attention and stop side conversations. Had a short video but it's on a dead phone I can't get back on. 

Saw this quote from Kyle Allen today. Pardon me if it has already been discussed. He's referring to the offensive system.

“There's a lot more to it and there's not a lot of reasoning behind a lot of stuff, so it's a lot of memorization. ... It's been built over so many years and a bunch of different people have had their hands on it, so it's not really a cohesive system, but once you memorize it and get it, it makes a lot of sense.”

That is one of the scariest off-season quotes I've ever seen.

I love Beane’s off season makeover but I’m little concerned about the depth and quality of RT and MLB. I know it’s hard to address every position group with the limitations of the cap but our season could be undermined if Brown is lacking or gets injured. Dodson is a backup and the guy’s behind him on the depth chart will disappoint if they see meaningful playing time. Beane needs to bring in another experienced swing tackle and do it soon. Either a trade or cut down victim.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.