Favorite non Bills QB

Dan in Owego

Despite the fact that Favre's reputation has been obliterated I have to be honest and say his on field play is up there as my all time favorite.   Manning was about the most surgical player outside of Brady I've ever watched.  As a more outside the box answer Steve McNair was always way up there for me 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Bert Jones is a good choice.  I’ll take an odd mix of Gary Danielson, Kurt Warner, Jim Zorn and Mark Brunell just because I found myself rooting for them more frequently than against them.

Yeah they all seemed like solid dudes👍

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Bert Jones is a good choice.  I’ll take an odd mix of Gary Danielson, Kurt Warner, Jim Zorn and Mark Brunell just because I found myself rooting for them more frequently than against them.

Sitcom math tells me none of them could rise above 30 in PFF rankings, and Madden is even worse. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I wonder how many other lists would be 50% lefties. Love the Danielson mention - underated imo

Randall Cunningham....he was a great QB in his time, but he would be an absolute beast if he played in today’s NFL.

He and Josh Allen have a lot of similar traits.... cannon arm, elite athleticism, and tremendous scrambling abilities.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, lots and lots of REALLY odd choices here! 

But hey, diversity is the spice of life.

My favorite non-Bills QB?  I HATED HIM at the time, but it would have to be Dan Marino.

I think he is my most respected QB of all time.  The guy was unbelievable.

And that quick release!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Despite the fact that Favre's reputation has been obliterated I have to be honest and say his on field play is up there as my all time favorite. 

Agreed. On the field, Favre was fun to watch. He was like a kid playing sandlot football. While some guys say, "It's a business," Favre's play said, "Yeah, but it was a game before it became a business."

Josh has that quality too.

Prior to his coming out of retirement, it would have been Favre, hands down. But his stint with the Jets was just the beginning of the world finding out what a supreme douche he is. 

My choice is Peyton Manning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was a huge Favre guy...always thought he would've been a perfect fit for Buffalo but then towards the end of his career he turned into a Diva and then after all of the other stuff that happened...*sigh* just disappointing 

Guess my next answer would be Steve Young but looking back now all those old QB's from the 90s were great...Elway, Marino, Moon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.