DK Metcalf proves if you have great genetics diet and nutrition matter a lot less

Big Turk

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummmm... what???

Dude... he's only eating one meal a day.

That's a diet for a normal person trying to stay/get lean (minus the candy lunch). An elite speed athlete who burns SO many calories in a day wouldn't be able to maintain so much mass like Metcalf does without untold daily supplements and substances. I believe MANY young guys in the league have terrible diets, especially the guys with the hummingbird metabolisms, but they don't get or stay so ridiculously yoked while also being in NFL WR condition. At least, not without lots of unreported additions to the published diet (not all necessarily prohibited, but seriously, come on).

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I can tell the booze has an effect already. Not major but I mainly drink wine but still notice it. It started a bit after covid. Like late 2020 .  Only drank on weekends prior now it's pretty regular honestly,  lot of calories . Sucks getting old, I miss my 20s

How old are you ? Man I need to stop drinking as much , I don't get wasted but it's just way too consistent 

I’m 58 - now hit the gym six days a week. Generally, I am lucky because I have always had a good metabolism. I just can’t do the “junk food” stuff anymore. It’s like anything, moderation, is the key.  The issue is that “moderation” now means a much lower level or much less frequently.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

Dude is a total baller. Terrell Owens 2.0

what an apt comparison.

perhaps a counterpoint (but perhaps not) i remember the hard knocks dallas cowboys a while back, TO was one of the few cowboy players in the one scene who didn't have to drop some weight to hit goal.  guys asked him how it was possible, and he said "because i don't need to eat everything i see".  he went to a fast food joint, and had a card that told him what he could eat within his calorie ranges and such, and he ordered off of it, and drove off.  it was less food that i would eat (way way less at the time) but that's why he never had to cut in camp to hit playing weight

I think DK eats garbage, but basically self regulates enough to not eat so much of it it makes him fat.  in terms of nutrients, he prolly gets enough vitamins and such and healthy food during the season at the team facilities that he's fine.

also, i think he over plays how easy going and not detail oriented he is.  pete caroll wouldn't sign him to a huge contract if he just didn't give an f or do what he's told.

pretty amazing guy tho, really happy we drafted cody ford instead of him.  :<

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is crazy...most athletes talk about how they take care of their body by putting high quality food into it daily...

DK Metcalf doesn't care about that.

His normal meal routine:

Workout in the AM,

Get a Starbucks coffee around noon,

Mix 2 big bags of candy like Lifesavers creations and Skittles gummies together and eat that around 4pm,

Eat his one meal around 9pm and then go to bed.

He has almost no body fat and is ripped and huge.

Basically shows that if you have great genetics nothing else really matters, you can do whatever you want.

For the rest of us humans, if we tried that we would likely be 300 lbs.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2023/07/22/seahawks-dk-metcalf-eats-just-one-meal-a-day-in-bizarre-candy-centric-diet

It sounds as though he might be doing some sort of intermittent fasting eating plan (depending on what's in the Starbucks coffee - black vs sugary mess).  Something like 16:8 (16 hrs of no eating, 8 hrs of eating). 

Doesn't sound like a diet designed to produce muscle growth

• Like (+1) 1

I basically eat like that and have a six pack at age 44 (obviously not yolked out like the roids athletes though). But I am very active. It's mostly calories in vs. calories out.  If you keep those equal, you'll stay in shape. And when you gain a pound or two, just put yourself on a deficit for a few days and it will come off.  And I say this as a guy who has been 35-40 pounds overweight at one point and has obese parents and morbidly obese siblings.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2023 at 7:28 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Dr. Jimmy the Greek has entered the chat...

I didn’t get the reference so I looked him up after all the laughing emojis. What I said in no way equates to what he said about slavery. It is true that diabetes affects the Black population more than other races. The sugar caught up to me and other family members too.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I didn’t get the reference so I looked him up after all the laughing emojis. What I said in no way equates to what he said about slavery. It is true that diabetes affects the Black population more than other races. The sugar caught up to me and other family members too.

The Greek was talking about black athletes.

Eating candy isn't going to make Metcalf a diabetic.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Greek was talking about black athletes.

Eating candy isn't going to make Metcalf a diabetic.

Got it, so anyone who talks about black athletes is then termed, by you, Dr Jimmy the Greek. Makes little sense. And a diet high in sugar can absolutely lead to type 2 diabetes later in life. 

36 minutes ago, BananaB said:

One meal a day, some candy and probably a pretty ***** intense workout. Doesn’t seem unreasonable for him to stay in shape that way. 

He's probably at like, maybe 2500 calories. His maintenance is well into the 3000s. And if he's working out fasted twice a day, he needs to restore all that glycogen with the sugar. Honestly the candy likely doesn't supply him all the carbs he really needs.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

14 hours ago, colin said:

what an apt comparison.

perhaps a counterpoint (but perhaps not) i remember the hard knocks dallas cowboys a while back, TO was one of the few cowboy players in the one scene who didn't have to drop some weight to hit goal.  guys asked him how it was possible, and he said "because i don't need to eat everything i see".  he went to a fast food joint, and had a card that told him what he could eat within his calorie ranges and such, and he ordered off of it, and drove off.  it was less food that i would eat (way way less at the time) but that's why he never had to cut in camp to hit playing weight

I think DK eats garbage, but basically self regulates enough to not eat so much of it it makes him fat.  in terms of nutrients, he prolly gets enough vitamins and such and healthy food during the season at the team facilities that he's fine.

also, i think he over plays how easy going and not detail oriented he is.  pete caroll wouldn't sign him to a huge contract if he just didn't give an f or do what he's told.

pretty amazing guy tho, really happy we drafted cody ford instead of him.  :<

Nothing in this post explains how Metcalf intakes enough calories overall and proteins more specifically to sustain his extraordinary mass. The diet DOES make SOME sense for keeping his body fat under effing 5% or whatever insanity it must be, given his cardio output and that he's not relying on pre-shoot/show dehydration to look shredded. But no way does this abbreviated, amateur diet allow for enough calories going IN without some other kinds of supplementation (going off the vague diet parameters and the very specific physical traits of this particular athlete).

He's too monstrous (while being so active) to be on a natural, restricted calorie diet/regimen, is my own amateur couch analysis.

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Nothing in this post explains how Metcalf intakes enough calories overall and proteins more specifically to sustain his extraordinary mass. The diet DOES make SOME sense for keeping his body fat under effing 5% or whatever insanity it must be, given his cardio output and that he's not relying on pre-shoot/show dehydration to look shredded. But no way does this abbreviated, amateur diet allow for enough calories going IN without some other kinds of supplementation (going off the vague diet parameters and the very specific physical traits of this particular athlete).

He's too monstrous (while being so active) to be on a natural, restricted calorie diet/regimen, is my own amateur couch analysis.

well, i said he is over playing how effortless it all is for him.  he trains like a psycho and that's been known about him since he was in highschool ( think his dad or uncle or someone was an NFL pro).  

my bet is he's just a person w a small appetite, and as such he can get away w eating all the junk he wants because he just doesn't want that much junk.  with supplements and healthy food at the training center and so on, he'll get enough nutrients to keep him going.

i remember brock lasner was ufc champ having learned 3 submissions and how to close a fist, but he had literally no idea how to actually fight but his power and talent was enough to get him to the top.  then, he lost half his guts after getting diverticulitis (crazily, he defended his belt once after that, which is just insane).  talking to rogan or someone after the fact, he explained you have to eat your vegetables, it can't just be meat and potatoes -- i can see a similar end for Dk and other players who eat like trash.  over time they will accumulate health issues from a horrible diet and high physical output, but if it doesnt' impact their actual nfl performance that much no one really cares.

and of course with respect to your point about DK not being natural (brock wasn't either, he popped at least twice) -- my basic assumption is anyone who makes real money off of their body's performance or appearance is doing just about anything they can to maximize that.  IMO the people who are not using/never used any kind of PED or whatever else can enhance performance are few and far between.

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Got it, so anyone who talks about black athletes is then termed, by you, Dr Jimmy the Greek. Makes little sense. And a diet high in sugar can absolutely lead to type 2 diabetes later in life. 

Settle down...

"We conclude based on high quality evidence from randomized controlled trials (RCT), systematic reviews and meta-analyses of cohort studies that singling out added sugars as unique culprits for metabolically based diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease appears inconsistent with modern, high quality evidence and is very unlikely to yield health benefits. While it is prudent to consume added sugars in moderation, the reduction of these components of the diet without other reductions of caloric sources seems unlikely to achieve any meaningful benefit."

the more i read this the more obvious it is that most people don't understand the technicality of these athletes and their maintenance to good diets. it separates the premier athletes  from the rest.

the diet and self maintenance the cheating QB did to himself greatly prolonged his career.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Settle down...

"We conclude based on high quality evidence from randomized controlled trials (RCT), systematic reviews and meta-analyses of cohort studies that singling out added sugars as unique culprits for metabolically based diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease appears inconsistent with modern, high quality evidence and is very unlikely to yield health benefits. While it is prudent to consume added sugars in moderation, the reduction of these components of the diet without other reductions of caloric sources seems unlikely to achieve any meaningful benefit."

I don’t know what study you pulled this article from, or what “modern, high quality evidence” they reference, but diet has ALWAYS been a factor for those with these sort of health issues.

A large number of studies have found that people who regularly drink sugar-sweetened beverages have a roughly 25% greater risk of type 2 diabetes (10). 

In fact, drinking just one sugar-sweetened beverage per day increases your risk by 13%, independent of any weight gain it may cause (11).

Additionally, countries where sugar consumption is highest also have the highest rates of type 2 diabetes, while those with the lowest consumption have the lowest rates (12).

The link between sugar intake and diabetes still holds even after controlling for total calorie intake, body weight, alcohol consumption and exercise (13).

While these studies do not prove that sugar causes diabetes, the association is strong. 

Many researchers believe that sugar increases diabetes risk both directly and indirectly.

It may directly increase risk because of the impact fructose has on your liver, including promoting fatty liver, inflammation and localized insulin resistance (9, 14, 15).

These effects may trigger abnormal insulin production in your pancreas and increase your risk of type 2 diabetes (14, 16).

Eating large amounts of sugar can also indirectly raise diabetes risk by contributing to weight gainand increased body fat — which are separate risk factors for developing diabetes (17).

What’s more, animal studies suggest that eating a lot of sugar may disrupt the signaling of leptin, a hormone that promotes feelings of fullness, leading to overeating and weight gain (18, 19).

To reduce the negative effects of high sugar consumption, the WHO recommends getting no more than 10% of your daily calories from added sugars that are not naturally found in foods (20)

Maybe the bolded is simply a coincidence, I dunno, but it has the CDC convinced as well:

The CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) is a public-private partnership working to build a nationwide system to deliver an affordable, evidence-based lifestyle change program proven to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Participants in the program learn to make healthy food choices, be more physically active, and find ways to cope with problems and stress. These lifestyle changes can cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 58% (71% for those 60 or older)

Watch what you eat. Choose fresh fruits, such as pears, apples, strawberries, or melons, or a fruit salad without sugar or whipped cream added. Fruit is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

Have small servings of foods that are high in sugar and fat, like cookies, cake, cobblers, or pies. Or skip the sweets altogether.

Drink water, unsweetened coffee or tea, or other sugar-free beverages.

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

the more i read this the more obvious it is that most people don't understand the technicality of these athletes and their maintenance to good diets. it separates the premier athletes  from the rest.

the diet and self maintenance the cheating QB did to himself greatly prolonged his career.

Yeah this WILL catch up to him, it's not an "if".  Maintaining insulin sensitivity is huge for body composition.

Also body composition can stay looking top shape but If you aren't taking in vitamins minerals micronutrients, your body doesn't just go without them. It will eat tissues to get and use them. Can be dangerous. Can and will pull them from muscle tissue, organs, possibly even tendons.

On 7/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, Big Turk said:

Eat his one meal around 9pm and then go to bed.

That's his key right there. One meal a day. It's known as the OMAD diet and it gets results. He's cheating a bit with the Skittles, but I guess the rigors of pro-athlete training lets him get away with it.

Edited by boater

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah this WILL catch up to him, it's not an "if".  Maintaining insulin sensitivity is huge for body composition.

Also body composition can stay looking top shape but If you aren't taking in vitamins minerals micronutrients, your body doesn't just go without them. It will eat tissues to get and use them. Can be dangerous. Can and will pull them from muscle tissue, organs, possibly even tendons.

side note. i saw an article that your hickory/lenoir/wilkesboro zone was in the bottom 10 in the country for least educated. i was surprised - because i really like Hickory. great pit stop to the mountains, if nothing else.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I don’t know what study you pulled this article from, or what “modern, high quality evidence” they reference, but diet has ALWAYS been a factor for those with these sort of health issues.

Maybe the bolded is simply a coincidence, I dunno, but it has the CDC convinced as well:

I "pulled" it from a basic PubMed search. It was a meta-analysis of current papers looking at the link between added sugars and development of diabetes.  It shouldn't surprise you that drinking a lot of sugary drinks, for instance "is linked to" type 2 diabetes.  Many diabetics eat and drink what they want no matter what their BG  or HgA1c levels are.  That's not causality.

What you are describing is a myth--and it is called as much by the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes UK and the Joslin Diabetes Center.  Type 2 is the result of inadequate production of or sensitivity to insulin. 

Your CDC reference is a great plan for people most at risk for developing diabetes...sedentary, overweight adults.  Obviously Metcalf isn't in that group, so what I said at the top (eating candy isn't going to make Metcalf a diabetic) stands.

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

side note. i saw an article that your hickory/lenoir/wilkesboro zone was in the bottom 10 in the country for least educated. i was surprised - because i really like Hickory. great pit stop to the mountains, if nothing else.

Weird. I'm from Buffalo and came here right before pandemic. I definitely don't feel like people here are dumb/uneducated. It is a nice town, still blows me away how nice and genuine people are, bit of a culture shock coming from NY. 

Definitely plenty of access to mountains and Charlotte is an easy 55minute drive. You can drive there during rush hour doing 70 and not touch the brakes once, really nice highway system. I'd like to eventually get to a town with a similar feel that's 20-30mins from Charlotte, but absolutely love this state!

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I "pulled" it from a basic PubMed search. It was a meta-analysis of current papers looking at the link between added sugars and development of diabetes.  It shouldn't surprise you that drinking a lot of sugary drinks, for instance "is linked to" type 2 diabetes.  Many diabetics eat and drink what they want no matter what their BG  or HgA1c levels are.  That's not causality.

Yeah. I'm concerned about a daughter who guzzles soda. I'm trying to get her to at least downshift to Diet. No luck so far.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Weird. I'm from Buffalo and came here right before pandemic. I definitely don't feel like people here are dumb/uneducated. It is a nice town, still blows me away how nice and genuine people are, bit of a culture shock coming from NY. 

Definitely plenty of access to mountains and Charlotte is an easy 55minute drive. You can drive there during rush hour doing 70 and not touch the brakes once, really nice highway system. I'd like to eventually get to a town with a similar feel that's 20-30mins from Charlotte, but absolutely love this state!

You won't find it. They're terrible up close unless you cross the border or can afford ballentyne Matthews. The houses around CLT are all 3" apart with 10 SQ ft of yard, all McMansions. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What you are describing is a myth--and it is called as much by the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes UK and the Joslin Diabetes Center.  Type 2 is the result of inadequate production of or sensitivity to insulin. 

Your CDC reference is a great plan for people most at risk for developing diabetes...sedentary, overweight adults.  Obviously Metcalf isn't in that group, so what I said at the top (eating candy isn't going to make Metcalf a diabetic) stands.

Your assertion that diet - specifically elevated sugar - is not causality for health problems is woefully misguided. “You are what you eat” doesn’t pertain to your ridiculous beliefs I guess. Nothing you said stands, you are no more informed on Metcalf’s body, genetics, and predispositions than I am. Look what I found regarding AA women from your pubmed “research”:

Methods: A prospective follow-up study of 59,000 African American women has been in progress since 1995. Participants reported on food and beverage consumption in 1995 and 2001. Biennial follow-up questionnaires ascertained new diagnoses of type 2 diabetes. The present analyses included 43,960 women who gave complete dietary and weight information and were free from diabetes at baseline. We identified 2713 incident cases of type 2 diabetes mellitus during 338,884 person-years of follow-up. The main outcome measure was the incidence of type 2 diabetes mellitus.

Results: The incidence of type 2 diabetes mellitus was higher with higher intake of both sugar-sweetened soft drinks and fruit drinks. After adjustment for confounding variables including other dietary factors, the incidence rate ratio for 2 or more soft drinks per day was 1.24 (95% confidence interval, 1.06-1.45). For fruit drinks, the comparable incidence rate ratio was 1.31 (95% confidence interval, 1.13-1.52). The association of diabetes with soft drink consumption was almost entirely mediated by body mass index, whereas the association with fruit drink consumption was independent of body mass index.

Conclusions: Regular consumption of sugar-sweetened soft drinks and fruit drinks is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in African American women. While there has been increasing public awareness of the adverse health effects of soft drinks, little attention has been given to fruit drinks, which are often marketed as a healthier alternative to soft drinks.

Your “myth” has been quickly debunked. 

2 hours ago, boater said:

Yeah. I'm concerned about a daughter who guzzles soda. I'm trying to get her to at least downshift to Diet. No luck so far.

Why are you concerned? According to WEO there’s no causality between sugar consumption and diabetics. 

2 hours ago, boater said:

That's his key right there. One meal a day. It's known as the OMAD diet and it gets results. He's cheating a bit with the Skittles, but I guess the rigors of pro-athlete training lets him get away with it.

Blame Marshawn Lynch for the Skittles thing. 

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Your assertion that diet - specifically elevated sugar - is not causality for health problems is woefully misguided. “You are what you eat” doesn’t pertain to your ridiculous beliefs I guess. Nothing you said stands, you are no more informed on Metcalf’s body, genetics, and predispositions than I am. Look what I found regarding AA women from your pubmed “research”:

Your “myth” has been quickly debunked. 

Why are you concerned? According to WEO there’s no causality between sugar consumption and diabetics. 

You are reporting survey studies.  I've already said that lots of diabetics don't modify their diets to help control the diabetes they already have.  This study also confirms this.  This study makes no claims that sugar laden foods cause diabetes.

Also, this study says subjects were "free from diabetes at baseline"... based on a questionnaire.  Diabetes isn't diagnosed by asking someone if they have or think they have diabetes.

Also, this study found only 6% of their patient population developed diabetes despite 338k person years follow up.   Reported incidence of type 2 DM in African American women 55 and older has been estimated as high as 25%.  The sugar drinkers in this study developed DM at a lower rate than exists in the general cohort.

Anyway, here's another one for you: https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k4644

"Eligibility criteria for selecting studies Controlled intervention studies of at least seven days’ duration and assessing the effect of different food sources of fructose-containing sugars on glycaemic control in people with and without diabetes were included. Four study designs were prespecified on the basis of energy control: substitution studies (sugars in energy matched comparisons with other macronutrients), addition studies (excess energy from sugars added to diets), subtraction studies (energy from sugars subtracted from diets), and ad libitum studies (sugars freely replaced by other macronutrients without control for energy). Outcomes were glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c), fasting blood glucose, and fasting blood glucose insulin.

Data extraction and synthesis Four independent reviewers extracted relevant data and assessed risk of bias. Data were pooled by random effects models and overall certainty of the evidence assessed by the GRADE approach (grading of recommendations assessment, development, and evaluation).

Results 155 study comparisons (n=5086) were included. Total fructose-containing sugars had no harmful effect on any outcome in substitution or subtraction studies, with a decrease seen in HbA1c in substitution studies (mean difference −0.22% (95% confidence interval to −0.35% to −0.08%), −25.9 mmol/mol (−27.3 to −24.4)), but a harmful effect was seen on fasting insulin in addition studies (4.68 pmol/L (1.40 to 7.96)) and ad libitum studies (7.24 pmol/L (0.47 to 14.00)). There was interaction by food source, with specific food sources showing beneficial effects (fruit and fruit juice) or harmful effects (sweetened milk and mixed sources) in substitution studies and harmful effects (sugars-sweetened beverages and fruit juice) in addition studies on at least one outcome".

If you still have a problem with the "myth" (not mine) of sugar causing type 2 DM, why don't you bring it up with the ADA?  

I've included their layperson's handout: http://main.diabetes.org/ws/ADM/MRC_ADM_2018_Myths.pdf

"On behalf of the millions of Americans who live with or are at risk for diabetes, we are committed to helping you understand this chronic disease. Help us set the record straight and educate the world about diabetes and its risk factors by sharing the common questions and answers below. If you’re overweight, will you always develop type 2 diabetes? Being overweight is a risk factor for developing diabetes, but other risk factors such as how much physical activity you get, family history, ethnicity, and age also play a role. Unfortunately, many people think that weight is the only risk factor for type 2 diabetes, but many people with type 2 diabetes are at a normal weight or only moderately overweight. Is diabetes caused by eating sugar? A diet high in calories from any source (including sugar) contributes to weight gain and weight gain increases your risk for type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease. Type 2 diabetes is not caused by sugar, but by genetics and lifestyle factors."

That's probably an easier read...

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to assume this is a topic you have little to no connection with. Correct me if my assumption is wrong. Earlier I mentioned the sugar caught up to me and other family members (mother). I’m a Black male in my early 40s, grew up an athlete, and have always measured around 6’0” 190. Never smoke, drank, or did drugs. The one vice I’ve always had is that I love sweets. Candy, ice cream, soda, sugary juice, you name it, it was a friend of mine. Also never cared too much about what I put in my body diet wise because my attitude was always “I’ll just run it off.” 

A few years ago I started having frequent urination symptoms that had me believing my prostrate would be an issue, because (yay) Black men are also at an elevated risk of prostrate cancer. Then the excessive thirst started. It got so bad that I’d wake up with the driest mouth imaginable. So dry my tongue was rough, zero moisture or saliva. Went in to see what was going on and was informed I was pre-diabetic. My mother was diagnosed with type 2 some years back and also had a sugar issue. In addition to all my favorites, she’d drink juice that was so sweet it verged on being syrup. She does have a weight problem, but my current measurements are 6’0” 195; I go to the gym 3x a week. While it’s true I wasn’t explicitly told, “your sugar consumption has led to your condition,” it’s also true I didn’t think I’d be explaining to a guy on a Bills message board how elevated sugar levels are an issue. If I knew I would’ve had the doc put it in writing. I can still do that if you’d like to hear from yet another medical professional…

To understand the sugar argument, one has to understand how insulin sensitivity works in those with elevated blood sugar levels. 

Metcalf has a sugary diet. You seem to think there’s no causation or correlation for later problems associated with diabetes. The common element in the studies you reference state “sugar leads to obesity which is one of the main problems of type 2 diabetes.” Metcalf isn’t in that group therefore he’s not at risk (your words). Anyone can become diabetic or at least pre-diabetic - look at me. The article I referenced earlier that stated “sugar increases diabetic risks both directly and indirectly” cannot be refuted. 

Anyone can develop type 2 diabetes, including athletes. As regular exercise is one of the main ways to help prevent this form of diabetes, athletes will likely have a lower risk. However, there is no guarantee that people who frequently engage in exercise will not develop the condition.

I don’t know the athletes who had the lesser pre-diabetic diagnosis, but these are some notable names who were diagnosed with the full blown type 2: 

Patrick Peterson, Jackie Robinson, Arthur Ashe, and Billie Jean King. 

If I asked you to bet your house that Metcalf’s sugar intake and elevated blood sugar levels will never lead to at least a pre-diabetic diagnosis later in life, would you back your claim? Actually, how could I ask you to stand on your conviction? I couldn’t get you to bet a friendly amount among a neutral team’s fanbase that the Nate Clements hit on Tom Brady would draw a flag in today’s NFL. 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:02 PM, BillsFan130 said:

100 percent he is. I’m in the fitness industry and there’s no way you can get that jacked/shredded with that diet routine lol.

Its one in a million genetics combined with some sort of PHD

I don’t think he has a bachelor’s degree yet. 

Dude works out (probably hard) in morning on an empty stomach. Then doesn't eat anything until 4pm and it's skittles...???

You try that.

He's intermittent fasting for a good 18hrs, which kicks his metabolism into overdrive. 

And best time to burn fat (as opposed to carbs) from a workout is early morning on an empty stomach.

He must eat a mean, protein filled dinner though. Don't get the skittles part either....  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.