Giants signing Cole Beasley

dreadlox

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I bet less than 10% of this community was mad he was let go.

I don't but it isn't worth wasting time going to look over a comment.  I argued with quite a few people after I said he was washed.

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Daboll getting desperate. Kinda sad, I thought he might do great things there but the record, the public shaming of his QB on a stupid play (go ahead and shame him; just do it in the locker room), the unbelievably bad point differential (-96!!!), I think he’s bitten off more than he can chew. 

Yeah Daboll has always yelled and screamed at his players in front of people.  Thats why he was moved up in the booth here because he was yelling at Allen too much. Time management in that game was his fault anyways.  He let the clock run and took a timeout on 3rd down.  Then he ran the ball to get the first down and took another timeout.  He was the one that screwed the clock, not Tyrod.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d give Cole another shot here. Bring him into the PS, keep him fresh and ready for when we need him. He’s the thing this offense is missing. Even at 75% of what he was, he’s still valuable 

We brought him back last year and he did jack.  The dude is washed.  People need to accept that and move on.  The Giants have no one at receiver and even Daboll couldn't use him.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We brought him back last year and he did jack.  The dude is washed.  People need to accept that and move on.  The Giants have no one at receiver and even Daboll couldn't use him.

He was probably the best player on offence in that bengals playoff loss lol

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

3 catches for 33 yards and was 6th in yards on our team that day. I would say probably not.  The dude is washed.

68 yards and a TD in 2 playoff games as what, you’re 4th/5th option?

Maybe hes washed now as it’s a year later and he had recent injuries, but the guy still had some juice left last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You're living up to your name, right?  Joking?

If not, fortunately you aren't our GM

Ridiculousness of signing Cole Beasley aside, if someone were to be cut on this roster, Poona Ford would not be a shockingly laughable cut.

He spent most of the season as a healthy scratch. Has ridiculously underperformed expectations. When activated, he played terribly. Kendall Vickers has been activated off the Practice Squad and played instead of him.

He hasn't been remotely close to the guy we thought we were getting when we signed him.

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d give Cole another shot here. Bring him into the PS, keep him fresh and ready for when we need him. He’s the thing this offense is missing. Even at 75% of what he was, he’s still valuable 

Only he is nowhere near 75% of what he was - he wouldn't be available if he was.

The man is done, done, done. I loved him when he first joined us but can we please please move on from this. Nostalgia is nice but reality is where we need to be

This team signed Josh Norman last week and people acting like Cole is done…Safe to say he’s got more left then the CB we just brought in. Plus it’s little underneath, shifty get open with your craft stuff for Cole. It’s not as if you losing a step really takes away from that. He’s not beating guys on go routes where you are overly concerned about speed. He’s tuning 6 yards and turning around. I’m sure he can still get open in there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team signed Josh Norman last week and people acting like Cole is done…Safe to say he’s got more left then the CB we just brought in. Plus it’s little underneath, shifty get open with your craft stuff for Cole. It’s not as if you losing a step really takes away from that. He’s not beating guys on go routes where you are overly concerned about speed. He’s tuning 6 yards and turning around. I’m sure he can still get open in there.

Yep.

Harty has 12 catches for 103 yards in 6 games…

Beasley had 5 catches and 68 yards in just 2 playoff games..

I have no doubt he would be more productive than Harty, even at this stage in his career 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Buffalo Bills really, really need that Bease-type outlet and it looked like DK was getting to be that guy until the concussion.

It's a long season...we will see.

Not in love with any of the Bills slot options. If Hunter Renfrow is available would see what it would take. He is on the trade block but so far Raiders not willing to eat some salary. 

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That's easy to say, but it's a tougher call to make when you look at the overall implications.

There are only 16 PS slots available. For every depth-Veteran you sign on you are bumping a younger developmental player. That's probably why you don't see lots of older veteran players on the PS.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yep.

Harty has 12 catches for 103 yards in 6 games…

Beasley had 5 catches and 68 yards in just 2 playoff games..

I have no doubt he would be more productive than Harty, even at this stage in his career 

Was super high on Harty . Idk if it's him or Allen but without looking,  it feels like he barely gets targeted. And would love to see him more in the backfield and motion , he's fasttt

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ridiculousness of signing Cole Beasley aside, if someone were to be cut on this roster, Poona Ford would not be a shockingly laughable cut.

He spent most of the season as a healthy scratch. Has ridiculously underperformed expectations. When activated, he played terribly. Kendall Vickers has been activated off the Practice Squad and played instead of him.

He hasn't been remotely close to the guy we thought we were getting when we signed him.

Yeah I hope Poona can at minimum make himself a space eating 1T because we need it desperately. Been disappointed as well, thought he was a great depth signing. Terrible timing on Ankou getting poached from the PS. Really hope Daquan can make it back near peak form for the playoffs! He was a huge missing piece in the Bengals loss

Diggs has been playing a lot of slot this year, partially serving in that Beasley go-to role on 3rd down.

I'm not sure why other guys like Harty or Shakir haven't emerged, but Allen just doesn't seem to trust them, or they just don't get open on the option routes like Cole used to.  Cole can probably still do it and would given Allen another outlet. I saw enough juice in the playoff game to think he can still get it done, in a limited fashion, that would benefit the team. Unlike the Giants we don't really have a youth movement at WR and we're in win now mode.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/cole-beasley-takes-allen-s-quick-pass-for-29-yards-bills-vs-dolphins-playoffs 

\

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

That's easy to say, but it's a tougher call to make when you look at the overall implications.

There are only 16 PS slots available. For every depth-Veteran you sign on you are bumping a younger developmental player. That's probably why you don't see lots of older veteran players on the PS.

There is not a single fear in what you just said. If were not bringing In a veteran slot WR to help us make a run at a Super Bowl because of bottom end, disposable PS guys…then we have serious issues. The spot he’s taking is of a player that will make zero impact 98% of the time. If Beasley still has something left, he can help us win playoff games. Not concerned over what you said at all.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is not a single fear in what you just said. If were not bringing In a veteran slot WR to help us make a run at a Super Bowl because of bottom end, disposable PS guys…then we have serious issues. The spot he’s taking is of a player that will make zero impact 98% of the time. If Beasley still has something left, he can help us win playoff games. Not concerned over what you said at all.

By your criteria, Cole should have been signed yesterday. I wonder why he hasn't been.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo has way too many slot receivers. The problem with that is it takes longer to bring them up to speed. There is a lot of communication involved to get timing right. I think some of these guys are good. They just aren't getting enough opportunities to shine. Maybe we'll see some improvement as the season progresses.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Wait don't we have Specific vet PS slots? Only for vets? 

Edit: we get up to 6 vets. Honestly, think of what a guy like beeze could teach Isabella or other WRs. 

how to be a distraction, and unable to control yourself despite repeatedly saying he needs to not run his mouth so much?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Diggs has been playing a lot of slot this year, partially serving in that Beasley go-to role on 3rd down.

I'm not sure why other guys like Harty or Shakir haven't emerged, but Allen just doesn't seem to trust them, or they just don't get open on the option routes like Cole used to.  Cole can probably still do it and would given Allen another outlet. I saw enough juice in the playoff game to think he can still get it done, in a limited fashion, that would benefit the team. Unlike the Giants we don't really have a youth movement at WR and we're in win now mode.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/cole-beasley-takes-allen-s-quick-pass-for-29-yards-bills-vs-dolphins-playoffs 

\

I noticed Diggs in the slot, makes me wish we had 2 consistent outside guys. 

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I noticed Diggs in the slot, makes me wish we had 2 consistent outside guys. 

Gabe is who he is, but it seems like the Bills haven’t let anyone be a consistent slot WR to allow them to get established.  Between 12 personnel and running Harty, Sherfield, and Shakir in rotation it hasn’t worked.  At all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.