Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

loyal2dagame

20 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Okay you banned them in your house; how many visitors come wearing them?

Color of helmet had nothing to do with kick wide right. 

Not getting closer to goal posts was cause on a grass field where Norwood had trouble kicking on.

Every year Scott Norwood shows up our annual tailgate and every year he gracefully answers questions on that kick.

No visitors come to my house for anything.  I've banned visitors too.  Nobody told you, but I banned red helmets in your house too.  

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Not Bills related but the Browns announced 3 games where they are having a white out including the helmet.

F1Uwo5QaIAIqT-B?format=jpg&name=900x900

They're praying for a lake effect snowstorm off Lake Erie in the October and December games.  Only 'Haslam's Heroes' would miss the fact that a white uniform in a snowstorm might work against you. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Not Bills related but the Browns announced 3 games where they are having a white out including the helmet.

What is the thinking with this jersey? 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I absolutely love the red helmets. I know it’s a strangely unpopular thought but I actually want a white 90s era throwback. But like super late like Flutie rob johnson era road throwbacks. That jersey and helmet combination is so clean to me

Correct. 

Those jersey's aren't cluttered with "Bills" on the front, or tiny charging Buffalo logo's on the back and down the legs on the pants, with polo collars. 

The red is so much more dynamic that the white. 

9 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Image of the 1960-61 Bills helmet:

Bills' colors were silver & blue and were based on ralph Wilson's favorite NFL tean, the Detroit Lions who won the 1957 NFL championship beating the Browns 59-14.

image.png.5ba862baa0f8fa6da75fc4e79e70f8f1.png

The Bills should go back to those the next time they play the Lions :)

• Haha (+1) 1

If the Browns are going to wear a white helmet 3 times this year, then does that mean the Bills will wear the red helmet more than once. If/when they do wear the red helmet I just hope it isn't with the POS looking all reds.

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Browns have to have, bar none, the worst uniforms in the league.  Been that way forever.

Given their history and lack of "recent" success, you would think they would do something about it.

Uniform appeal is completely subjective and dependent on an individual’s opinion.  I actually like the old school classic look of the Browns. Fall colors and the whole Jim Brown/Otto Graham vibe. Rub some mud on the jersey and stick some turf in the face mask and it almost looks like the way god intended it.  
Same opinion for Packers, Steelers, and a few other unis. 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, Gregg said:

The white helmet recalls the Browns' Glory Years, The sported an all-white helmet when they dominated the old All-America Football League and then the NFL in the early 1950s.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

current ones are awful. Falcons, Pats, and Jets should go back to originals

add the Broncos too (not originals, but the 70s-mid 90s look)

I also think tennessee's uniform designs are dated back to a weird uniform craze in the late 90s and early 00s that brought about theirs, Denver, Patriots, Bills' pajama uniforms, etc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

if the red helmets are coming back as throwbacks, then the logo needs to be resized up the 15% they reduced it when rolling out the current white helmets.

If they designate the Red helmet and uni as an alternate, then they can do anything they want.

• Agree 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:14 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

It's been done, for 1 game in '94 against the Broncos.  Hideous.

DqrwenoX0AEGcpd.jpg

2 games actually. They wore them in Houston when Oilers wore their throwbacks that year. Each team was allowed a home game for throwbacks and wore them if playing at any road throwback game hosted by the home team.

2 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Colts introduce "Indiana Nights” alternate uniform

not a fan

It's so cliche for a team to randomly add black helmets to any alternate uniform. Some make a bit more sense as black is one of their main colors (Panthers/Saints) while ones like this do not. Which is why I give the Browns of all teams credit for introducing that crisp white look. This look for the Colts is just plain dumb.

I want to see a team go the opposite direction if they introduce a different color. Forget the forced black appearance and go with pink. Guaranteed to be a top seller as it stands out and is different.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It's so cliche for a team to randomly add black helmets to any alternate uniform. Some make a bit more sense as black is one of their main colors (Panthers/Saints) while ones like this do not. Which is why I give the Browns of all teams credit for introducing that crisp white look. This look for the Colts is just plain dumb.

I want to see a team go the opposite direction if they introduce a different color. Forget the forced black appearance and go with pink. Guaranteed to be a top seller as it stands out and is different.

My head always go to Colorado Rockies.  From Purple and black to green and grey

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Pats are bringing the red jersey back for games against the Dolphins and Chargers.

F1fyMYjXsAEG42A?format=jpg&name=small

I despise the Cheatriots, but those uniforms are way better than the current flying Elvis silver helmet history of cheating uniforms they wear now. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

I despise the Cheatriots, but those uniforms are way better than the current flying Elvis silver helmet history of cheating uniforms they wear now. 

I feel the same way. Seattle is another team that should go back to their classic look. They never should have changed to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:47 PM, letsgoteam said:

So I just checked, its been 28 years since 1995. Its crazy to think that, but its great to see all the 90s uniforms being brought back. We are in a pretty cool time where all the late 80s and 90s stuff is back/coming back. I hope the Bills are too.

I’d be surprised if that’s correct.
My recollection is it was only that single game against the Broncos. If you have any photo evidence or links regarding that same ugly helmet worn in Oilers contest, please share. 

14 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

My recollection is it was only that single game against the Broncos. If you have any photo evidence or links regarding that same ugly helmet worn in Oilers contest, please share. 

IMG_0401.jpeg

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

Me personally I hate the red helmets and it has nothing to do with nostalgia or the eras in which they wore them. I just don’t think they look good. 

My personal preference for an alt helmet would be the white with the red standing buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I think you quoted the wrong person, but here is a picture after doing a quick google search.

Also, for the sake of the conversation, I think the helmet looks way better with the white uniform. 

1994 Buffalo Bills @ Houston Oilers

Edited by letsgoteam

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.