Steve Tasker makes Senior committee Hall of Fame semifinal list.

PromoTheRobot

There's a few worthy names there. Lester Hayes should have made it the traditional way. Roger Craig was a precursor to Thurman. Carl Banks and Clay Matthews I would think stand a chance as well. Kenny Anderson may be the most underrated QB of his era. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1stgm1993 said:

haven't been there yet either want to be there when bills player goes in again

billsclock.gif It is TIME for Steve num89.gifTasker to be put in the Hall of Famebillsclock.gif

I was there for Thurman, Kelly and Ralph.  I'll be there with my signed Jersey.  Cindy Fox got it for me.

cindyfox.jpg

https://members.tripod.com/~g_host/st_index.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Damn shame Keuchenberg died without getting in.

Ken Anderson’s playoff record was 2-4, not HOF-worthy IMO.

First of all, any player's playoff record is a secondary factor.  Too much else impacts those results.  All the Bills from the great 90s teams got in despite losing 4 SBs, as did Tasker.  Yet they all deserve to be there.  

So does Ken Anderson, clearly.  Otis Taylor does too but he must have been caught up in the WR mess, where almost no WRs got in for years while RB after RB did.  And now he's dead, before he had the chance to put on the yellow jacket.  

3 hours ago, 1stgm1993 said:

i can see him getting in this year almost a slight to the current voters saying how dare not have put him already. 

how many senior ones get in each year I forget.

No that’s a good question.  Typically 5 in the newer category, 1 prior HC or Contributer like Polian or Ron Wolf, and 2 Seniors.  I’m almost positive those are the numbers except the exception year when they let in 20.

It will be unlikely he gets in his first year, but hopefully gains momentum over the next couple of years.  Of non kickers, he was one of the most impactful STers in the history of the NFL.

Someone else asked what can we as fans do?  Well one venue you can get an audience to one of the voters is calling in on the right shows on NFLR.  Vic is on Saturdays on Press Coverage, and I can’t remember, but think Pat Kirwan may also be a voter.  Vic though is the one to plead Taskers case and is highly respected in the sports media.  There are two committees.  One for active and contributor, and a different committee for the seniors.  They spend months debating their candidates, but since the voters are relatively static so if they hear Tasker’s case more than once, he has a chance.

I’d be annoyed by now. Imagine having the world and PR…being told again and again “hahahaa, nanana. We won’t vote you on (an island, team, club, job, fraternity)”

I’m sure his life is completely full and fulfilling without this crap anymore. 

7 hours ago, boyst said:

They need to have the senior committee be made up of actual football brains.

There are too many average guys in the HOF.

Tasker changed the game. Few in the HOF did. 

Yeah, why did they come up with this format that 7 guys go in every year?  Is this to draw a big crowd to the HOF Festivities?

In a couple recent years, the Baseball HOF elected nobody.  That makes more sense.  If nobody is worthy and doesn’t get the required votes, nobody gets elected.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, GunnerBill said:

Tasker will make it through the senior list at some point. That was always more likely his route than the more traditional one.

Of the 31 listed on that list, who do you rank ahead of Tasker? How many behind. Seems unlikely all 31 get in at some point. 

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Of the 31 listed on that list, who do you rank ahead of Tasker? How many behind. Seems unlikely all 31 get in at some point. 

I don't know everyone on the list so I can't do that exercise for you. Some I have never heard of, some I know only by reputation, the odd one or two I have seen old game footage of. 

But Steve Tasker is acknowledged as the best special teams player of all time, certainly the best of his generation. At some point the seniors committee will consider that deserves recognition in the way they did with Ray Guy. Matthew Slater will make it in as well, but like Tasker he will probably go through years of not making the cut the traditional route and have to wait for the seniors committee. I think the committee knows that it basically has to take full responsiblility for Special Teamers because they are always going to find it difficult to make it the other route.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know everyone on the list so I can't do that exercise for you. Some I have never heard of, some I know only by reputation, the odd one or two I have seen old game footage of. 

But Steve Tasker is acknowledged as the best special teams player of all time, certainly the best of his generation. At some point the seniors committee will consider that deserves recognition in the way they did with Ray Guy. Matthew Slater will make it in as well, but like Tasker he will probably go through years of not making the cut the traditional route and have to wait for the seniors committee. I think the committee knows that it basically has to take full responsiblility for Special Teamers because they are always going to find it difficult to make it the other route.

The question is now that its his first year in the senior committee how long do they make him/us wait?

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If I take the homer out of me, Tasker is not in the top 3.  I am not sure how this list works. Do the pick three of the 31 and then next year add to the list. Or do they pick 3 of the 31 and the other 28 are just out of further consideration?

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If I take the homer out of me, Tasker is not in the top 3.  I am not sure how this list works. Do the pick three of the 31 and then next year add to the list. Or do they pick 3 of the 31 and the other 28 are just out of further consideration?

No you can be on the senior list multiple times. It isn't this year or never. Eventually they will put Tasker in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.