Aug 4th blue & red game at highmark who got tickets

Got 6 as a season ticket holder. Ā Logged in right at 10a. Ā There was 1k ahead of me in the queue. Ā 
Ā 

With seating being first come, first serve, Iā€™d recommend getting to the stadium earlyĀ 

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

This game is at Highmark. 70,000 will show up for this.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nah, they limit seating to a portion of the lower deck.

Ā 

It's a weird experience.........the crowd is VERY local-heavy because it's not a big event to travel to........so people show up and then flee.

Ā 

A couple years ago we walked out and traffic was jammed up like after a game so we decided to walk down the block and eat at Big Tree thinking it would be packed and there was one person at the bar and one couple seated waiting to be served food and that was it. Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

Nah, they limit seating to a portion of the lower deck.

Ā 

It's a weird experience.........the crowd is VERY local-heavy because it's not a big event to travel to........so people show up and then flee.

Ā 

A couple years ago we walked out and traffic was jammed up like after a game so we decided to walk down the block and eat at Big Tree thinking it would be packed and there was one person at the bar and one couple seated waiting to be served food and that was it. Ā Ā 

Ā 

Makes sense. At first, I thought it would be at TC in which case I could see a sellout but a packed house at Highmark for this no way.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Got 6 as a season ticket holder. Ā Logged in right at 10a. Ā There was 1k ahead of me in the queue. Ā 
Ā 

With seating being first come, first served, Iā€™d recommend getting to the stadium earlyĀ 

Ā 

Sorry, had to.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Didnā€™t bother since I know non-SHs have no chance. Yeah, I am bitter.Ā 

It's kinda bull#### though. People just gobbling up 6 at a time and you know damn well a bunch will go unused.

Ā 

In the meantime I can't get two so I can take my kid. Yeah I'm sorta bitter about greedy people myself.

• Agree 1

I went on right at 1 and once in the queue there was something like 11,000 ahead of me. Maybe within ten minutes I got on and snagged four.

Ā 

I have never been.. itā€™s is worth the drive up to see? I have two boys who have not yet been to the stadium. Thought it might be fun, not sure how close you can get to the field.

Ā 

If we decide not to go Iā€™m happy to give them up freely to a family.Ā 

1 hour ago, yall said:

It's kinda bull#### though. People just gobbling up 6 at a time and you know damn well a bunch will go unused.

Ā 

In the meantime I can't get two so I can take my kid. Yeah I'm sorta bitter about greedy people myself.

Exactly. It would be a dream to take my two young boys to a single pre-season or TC activity. Like one time even.Ā 

2 hours ago, yall said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, you want to take loved ones to the stadium but so do season ticket holders who have groups of family and friends who otherwise can't attend in-season because they can't afford tickets or work weekends or because their parents don't want them around the adult environment in-season etc.. Ā  Ā That's why the ST holders get priority for this extravaganza. Ā  Ā  If you don't like it.......there is a preseason game there 8 days later you can get into for REALLY cheap. Ā 

Ā 

Next time you are irritated about "greedy" people getting priority to free things then sign yourself up as a season ticket holder and get in line for all the perks. Ā  Next year you will even get a chance to pay full price for TWO preseason games. Ā ;)Ā 

FWIW, if anyone has clubs there are still plenty of available. I forgot about it and just logged in and was able to get 4 of them. They give parking and free food / non-alcoholic drinks. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m going to go or not. Iā€™m at camp the day before and find that to be a lot more interesting. If not, Iā€™m happy to donate. Ā 

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, if anyone has clubs there are still plenty of available. I forgot about it and just logged in and was able to get 4 of them. They give parking and free food / non-alcoholic drinks. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m going to go or not. Iā€™m at camp the day before and find that to be a lot more interesting. If not, Iā€™m happy to donate. Ā 

I have two seats in the Toyota club but I guess they were gone as I was only able to select seats from the Pepsi club. Ā Was able to get parking as wellā€¦

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, you want to take loved ones to the stadium but so do season ticket holders who have groups of family and friends who otherwise can't attend in-season because they can't afford tickets or work weekends or because their parents don't want them around the adult environment in-season etc.. Ā  Ā That's why the ST holders get priority for this extravaganza. Ā  Ā  If you don't like it.......there is a preseason game there 8 days later you can get into for REALLY cheap. Ā 

Ā 

Next time you are irritated about "greedy" people getting priority to free things then sign yourself up as a season ticket holder and get in line for all the perks. Ā  Next year you will even get a chance to pay full price for TWO preseason games. Ā ;)Ā 

If you're using all 6 then my comment clearly isn't directed at you.

Ā 

However, you'll see a ton of empty seats because of the people who grabbed six and have no intention of using them all. Just snagging what they can because they are "free".

Ā 

And I'm already going to the preseason game since Tix are about 20 bucks. Probably most of the regular season games too as I do each year.

Ā 

The point isn't about money, it's about people just being selfish for ***** like this.Ā 

26 minutes ago, yall said:

If you're using all 6 then my comment clearly isn't directed at you.

Ā 

However, you'll see a ton of empty seats because of the people who grabbed six and have no intention of using them all. Just snagging what they can because they are "free".

Ā 

And I'm already going to the preseason game since Tix are about 20 bucks. Probably most of the regular season games too as I do each year.

Ā 

The point isn't about money, it's about people just being selfish for ***** like this.Ā 

When I worked in the NBA we started charging $.10-$1 (canā€™t remember exactly) to print off the open practice tickets. We did it for this exact reason. The first year there were something like 10,000 tickets out there and 1,000 people came. How do you staff for parking, concessions, security? The following year we instituted that minimal charge and there were like 4,000 tickets distributed and 3,000+ people in the building. Obviously, it wasnā€™t about the money. It was about that little extra commitment of grabbing your wallet, entering your CC and feeling like youā€™ve committed to something.

Ā 

It also allowed us to track, and build an algothrim, to score engagement of our season ticket holders. This was one of many factors but, obviously, the STH that is attending an open practice is more likely to renew than the fan that uses 70% of their season tickets. We probably developed about 30 indicators and a value to how important each was. In year 1, it was almost spot on. Moving forward, our service team worked to drive the engagement scores to increase renewal percentage.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When I worked in the NBA we started charging $.10-$1 (canā€™t remember exactly) to print off the open practice tickets. We did it for this exact reason. The first year there were something like 10,000 tickets out there and 1,000 people came. How do you staff for parking, concessions, security? The following year we instituted that minimal charge and there were like 4,000 tickets distributed and 3,000+ people in the building. Obviously, it wasnā€™t about the money. It was about that little extra commitment of grabbing your wallet, entering your CC and feeling like youā€™ve committed to something.

Ā 

It also allowed us to track, and build an algothrim, to score engagement of our season ticket holders. This was one of many factors but, obviously, the STH that is attending an open practice is more likely to renew than the fan that uses 70% of their season tickets. We probably developed about 30 indicators and a value to how important each was. In year 1, it was almost spot on. Moving forward, our service team worked to drive the engagement scores to increase renewal percentage.

Exactly. I've no problem paying some nominal fee to drive some sense of commitment.Ā 

Ā 

As disappointed as I am, I'm also reasonably sure my daughter and I can just show up and trade a couple cans of Blue for 2 tickets on the day of the event.

14 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Is this the USA. vs. the Soviet Union?
Ā 

Don't we all wish! Ā The Olympics will forever be the poorer for no more USA vs. CCCP grudge matches.

Ā 

Oh how I hated those cheaters as a kid! Ā They were the biggest sports villain I've ever hated.

Ā 

Some female Russian athlete would trot out to do the dead lift with a beard, and a body twice the size of Arnold S. Ā 

Ā 

No steroid abuse going on there. Ā You know she was loaded up with everything their doctors could cook up, including horse tranquilizers!

Ā 

šŸ˜‚

Ā 

36B6572400000578-0-image-a-127_146982745

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

@yallĀ agrees (but he's one of those not showing up if you gonna' charge his dam credit card! Ā Then it's like.....

Ā 

practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif)

Ā 

People are crazed about free stuff and little makes those folks more upset than when they don't get it.

Ā 

I missed out on practice tix last summer and it never even occurred to me to be upset about it...........the camp setting is much more interesting if you are going to a practice.

Ā 

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

@yallĀ agrees (but he's one of those not showing up if you gonna' charge his dam credit card! Ā Then it's like.....

Ā 

practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif)

Ā 

People are crazed about free stuff and little makes those folks more upset than when they don't get it.

Ā 

I missed out on practice tix last summer and it never even occurred to me to be upset about it...........the camp setting is much more interesting if you are going to a practice.

Ā 

You should probably re-read my posts if you think I have some opposition to paying.

Ā 

Again, for those hard of hearing/having reading comprehension issues, it's annoying that people just making a mad grab for as much as they can with no real intent to use it that has me annoyed.

Ā 

Well, that and posters with histories of being idiot trolls. ;)

Edited by yall

10 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Probably, but they can increase profits by .001% by giving us free tickets instead of pins, hats, and cups like the days of yore.

Ā 

You get none of that stuff anymore?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.