Report: Bills allegedly privately open to trading Diggs "under the right circumstances"

Big Turk

Albright is not a hack reporter and I don't think he is making stuff up.  Not sure this is something that could happen given the cap constraints and I doubt any team would offer significant value for Diggs given what has happened with him in Minnesota and Buffalo. Seems really unlikely to me, so we should all prepare for more drama in the future.

Edited by jahnyc

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

Albright is not a hack reporter and I don't think he making stuff up.  Not sure this is something that could happen given the cap constraints and I doubt any team would offer significant value for Diggs given what has happened with him in Minnesota and Buffalo. Seems really unlikely to me, so we should all prepare for more drama in the future.

Well...it seems like he didn't start out as one but has become increasingly like LaCanfora where he just throws a bunch of stuff at the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Heavy.com is one of the more absurd sports (if you can use that term with them) sites on the internet. They blow up everything and anything, just to get users. 

But they’re quoting Benjamin Albright from a podcast interview - that isn’t nothing. 

It absolutely could be nothing.  

If you believe after Diggs exit from our last game, 2 heated meetings with management that led him to being excused right before mandatory practice, the HC bizarre public explanation, that everything is all good now then there is nothing to this.  

Edited by Big Blitz

11 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Heavy.com is one of the more absurd sports (if you can use that term with them) sites on the internet. They blow up everything and anything, just to get users. 

Has there ever been a situation where a player with a massive cap hit converted signing bonus into salary to help facilitate a trade?

Not saying this should be done; just curious if ever a player who wanted out of a team did this to lessen dead cap and make a trade doable.

53 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

^^^^^

This.

A $45M cap hit to release or trade him this year and $30M next year. He's tied to the team for at least the next two seasons. He'll be 31 after the 2024 season so they may ready to move in another direction at that time but not before then. 

Whether we like it or not we're stuck with him until the end of the 24 season. We're not taking the dead cap hit. So we either mend the fences or hope JA can calm him down. 

29 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Was just coming here to say this.  Saw an article from them about Mitch Morses comments on Josh dating Hailee Steinfeld and it was a comment that the writer made referencing Mitch's comments about "Josh Allen, who is allegedly dating Hailee Steinfeld".

Clickbait garbage from them.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1