Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

our sabres are losing handily 4-1 with 10 minutes left third period.  PIFFLE

I hate those mustard yellow uniforms Nashville pfft

a comeback is unlikely a la ****** poop.

SABRES!~!~!!!🤨

They had a baked in excuse with their travel issues last night on the back end of a back-to-back.  That's all these children need and they've shown that repeatedly.

Sabres trade.

KO to the Panthers.

Pierre LeBrun on X: "Sabres wanted to do well by their captain. Florida was a destination of choice for Okposo" / X (twitter.com)

Darren Dreger on X: "Okposo to Florida. 7th turns into a 5th if panthers win the cup." / X (twitter.com)

• Like (+1) 1

Okposo is a class act but its time for him to move on.  He was rarely the player we thought we were getting and I dont think he ever fully recovered from that strange post concussion episode.  I appreciate the way he always answered the bell and didn't shy away from the tough interviews.  I dont think we will miss his on ice contributions at all but I do worry that there is an absence of leadership in the locker room with his departure.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Okposo is a class act but its time for him to move on.  He was rarely the player we thought we were getting and I dont think he ever fully recovered from that strange post concussion episode.  I appreciate the way he always answered the bell and didn't shy away from the tough interviews.  I dont think we will miss his on ice contributions at all but I do worry that there is an absence of leadership in the locker room with his departure.

I get what you’re saying but IMO the on ice was decent last year and this.  There are not too many people/leaders with the combination of patience/humility/accountability/communication skills that Okposo possesses.  In that regard he is among the best ever in Buffalo sports.  He had to carry water for the so called captain we once had who was really just a straight up Masshole.  He never uttered a peep about that toxic loser and that must have been quite a challenge.  I’ll root for Florida to get a cup.

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I agree with a lot of what you said with the exception of his leadership. I think we can all honestly say, with the product on the ice, Okposo’s leadership is greatly over-valued.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

I agree with a lot of what you said with the exception of his leadership. I think we can all honestly say, with the product on the ice, Okposo’s leadership is greatly over-valued.

This is where I am at, he seems like a great dude but I think the results speak for themselves

• Like (+1) 1

Mar 9 2024 Saturday TODAY

🏒 Edmonton Oilers @ Buffalo Sabres

9:30 AM - 12:30 PM PST   KeyBank Center

I'm watching and I want a DUB. PLEASE.  Go Sabres !~!

all hell yeah. muppy wanted a DUB...I asked nicely

and big fat sweet one we all got lmao

woooooooooooot!~!~!!!!!! The sabres win in O V E R T I M E

WHAT? awwww***** ***** ****** SMH NOPE

a la ****** ****** *** ** * *****

SMH

pfft forget all I just wrote. Shootout. exhales. geez

EDIT: Shootout DUB SABRES WIN!~! Woooooooooooot!

Edited by muppy
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The Sabres should get four points for that game today. The refs made them win it twice.

Unreal ending!

I have read this same opinion elsewhere. Winning like they did, after having that highly dramatic goal disallowed. I had my heart in my sleeve with a hope and a prayer they could make a DUB happen. and they did! I'll remember this game for the way it went into the shootout. and DUB in the shootout.

💃🏿  🙂

now on to the NEXT DUB. stay tuned Sabres fans 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 2

The boys have been playing pretty well since I ordered my primegreen (royal / home) jersey from the team site. It arrived yesterday and looks so sweet. I will say the last time I got an authentic Bills jersey via bills store, they broke the curse and made the playoffs the next season.

Happy to have a quality jersey from adidas before the league changes to Fanatics next year; we’re seeing how the Fanatics changes and cheap production value is going with MLB jerseys.

With this, I think I’m all set for my jersey closet, most of them with my favorite number 15 and my last name on the back.

Super win today, boys! Resilience! Probably too little too late, but….

Mar 12 2024

🏒 Detroit Red Wings @ Buffalo Sabres

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT

KeyBank Center

It's hockey Tuesday Sabres fans 🙂 Lets see a Big DUB at home 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 goals disallowed in 2 consecutive games SMH

Sabres came out skating fast early goal then one disallowed

1-0 early in B-lo

CLANK as the shot off the goal post. looking good in the red and black unis. Some good scoring chances

Edited by muppy

I decided to switch to the Detroit broadcast to hear the LAMENT from their announcers. And I was NOT disappointed

The goalie has been Pulled 4-1 Sabres on 13 shots. That's not even counting the goal  called off

WOOOOOT!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Where the Hell has this effort been all season?  By far the best period the Sabres have played all year.  The Byram-Mitts trade continues to look really good from our side.  

I was shocked when they got Byram.

He was the 4th pick of the 2019 draft...Sabres have him under contract through next season. I think he is gonna be really good.

• Like (+1) 5

♥️ 🖤♥️

That was a fun watch! The Sabres kicked Detroit Booty tonight oh yes they did!!!!!

:-)))))

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I was shocked when they got Byram.

He was the 4th pick of the 2019 draft...Sabres have him under contract through next season. I think he is gonna be really good.

He's been better than I ever could have imagined 

• Like (+1) 1

Mar 14 2024 Thursday TODAY

🏒 New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT

KeyBank Center

we must try to keep this winning streak going. Go Sabres 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am surprised that more Sabres fans aren't talking about this game tonight. It's very close to a playoff game.

As for the WC in the EC it's the Lightning and Isles currently holding the 2 spots.

1. Tampa - 74 points

2. NYI      - 72 points

In the hunt

Detroit - 72 points

Caps    - 69 points

Sabres - 67 points

If the Sabres beat the Isles tonight they pull within 3 points of them. The Islanders do have 2 games in hand so that is something to keep in mind of, but the Sabres have fought their way back into the playoff race. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am surprised that more Sabres fans aren't talking about this game tonight. It's very close to a playoff game.

As for the WC in the EC it's the Lightning and Isles currently holding the 2 spots.

1. Tampa - 74 points

2. NYI      - 72 points

In the hunt

Detroit - 72 points

Caps    - 69 points

Sabres - 67 points

If the Sabres beat the Isles tonight they pull within 3 points of them. The Islanders do have 2 games in hand so that is something to keep in mind of, but the Sabres have fought their way back into the playoff race. 

That's a big IF as the Sabres are madenly inconsistent and have yet to show they can turn the corner to be a true playoff contender this year, last year and oh so many more years. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That's a big IF as the Sabres are madenly inconsistent and have yet to show they can turn the corner to be a true playoff contender this year, last year and oh so many more years. 

True but the way it was going earlier this season would you have thought the Sabres would be playing meaningful hockey right now. Granted they need to go on a winning streak, but its March 14th and the Sabres have a big game tonight.

Just an update on where the Sabres are in the standings on March 14th.

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2024-03-13/wildcard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

fans that are skeptical may leave the chat IMMEDIATELY 🤭

i'm joking . What I hope for is as good an effort tonight as we saw against Detroit.  One game at a time

On 3/12/2024 at 5:51 PM, SinceThe70s said:

As an Islanders/Bills fan I'm checking in to say holy heads - thanks for the Red Wings beat down. But don't do it to us on Thursday :)!

AHEM. Go Sabres  It's tonight homey. 

🙂

@ComradeKayAdams

sup girlie. I see  you lurking.  ...so are you a classics uni person or goatheads?

Go Sabres!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Im a fan of the Byram trade.  The top 4-5 defensemen long-term can/should/will be a force.

Losing Mittlestadt hurts (Reinhart was 10x worse IMO), but the Sabres have a glut of forwards in the near-term pipeline.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, muppy said:

@ComradeKayAdams

sup girlie. I see  you lurking.  ...so are you a classics uni person or goatheads?

What up, MUP?! I’m classic all the way! Three reasons why:

1. Our logo needs to have swords in it. We are the Buffalo SABRES, after all!

2. The birth of a white bison is a sacred sign to Native Americans, and upstate New York is the sacred land of the Haudenosaunee.

3. Blue and gold are the unofficial colors of New York state (though I’d be open to a change from royal blue to something like Columbia blue…to help distinguish us a bit from the Blues and Predators).

The red and black goatheads are a fun alternate uni, however. I’m not a hater. I even like the Buffaslug because of the childhood nostalgia lol…

BTW, I love the fact that you’re a complete Buffalo sports loyalist despite being a SoCal gal…and such an infectious optimist, too! When this franchise finally makes the playoffs, there will be an airport team greeting that will rival anything the Bills experienced. All the main pieces are in place right now. We just need to get Cozens and the Skinner-Thompson-Tuch line going like last year. Something like a 12-4-0 season finish is needed…tough, but not impossible.

• Like (+1) 5

coaches challenge BALONEY that was a Goal 100% of the time every time

the scoring ERUPTS 3-0  

Islanders clank one off the post. what a sound.

Edited by muppy
  • Shocked 1

**muppy does the BIG DUB Hula*** 💃🏿

S H U T O U T

WOOOOOT!!!!!

💙 💛 💙 

4-0 over the Islanders.

be back Saturday hockey peeps :-))))

• Awesome! (+1) 5

14 hours ago, Gregg said:

1. Tampa - 74 points

2. NYI      - 72 points

In the hunt

Detroit - 72 points

Caps    - 69 points

Sabres - 67 points

I didn’t realize the importance of this game until after it was already over and I heard the announcers say the Sabres are 3 points out of a playoff spot. I wasn’t sure I heard them right so I rewound it and listened again. Then googled the NHL standings to verify for myself 😂

Guess maybe it’s time to start paying attention to the Sabres again. I’ve been so checked out the last couple months. I did see part of Byram’s first game, and part of the redwings game. Then I actually watched the 2nd and 3rd period of tonight’s game. They were playing good hockey. I just hope it’s not too little too late again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Again with this stuff … ugh!  How about winning a few games in November please 🤬

to lessen the stress now? Is that it?

I dunno. I mean in football when a team is hot at playoff times you call that "Peaking"

so until proven otherwise Im clearly liking what Im seeing.  We can't change the past. They discovered the goalie they have in UPL for starters. I hope some of the more knowledgeable fans chime in here. 

I look at it basically as a newbie Sabres fan. Hope is alive 🙂 if the Sabres squeak into the playoffs that would be awesome.

Edited by muppy

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I didn’t realize the importance of this game until after it was already over and I heard the announcers say the Sabres are 3 points out of a playoff spot. I wasn’t sure I heard them right so I rewound it and listened again. Then googled the NHL standings to verify for myself 😂

Guess maybe it’s time to start paying attention to the Sabres again. I’ve been so checked out the last couple months. I did see part of Byram’s first game, and part of the redwings game. Then I actually watched the 2nd and 3rd period of tonight’s game. They were playing good hockey. I just hope it’s not too little too late again.

In addition to beating the Islanders, they also got help with the Red Wings and Flyers losing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

In addition to beating the Islanders, they also got help with the Red Wings and Flyers losing.

yes the red wings have lost 2 straight. Their fans must not be too happy right now.