Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was the standard script.  Go down early and give up a nearly insurmountable lead. Then decide to start looking like an NHL team after going down 3-0.  Make it a game with a nice goal and start to give fans hope that an inspired comeback is taking place.  Squander a few prime scoring chances, do nothing on the PP.  Give up a goal early in the 3rd period to put the game out of reach.  

These starts are so consistently poor that I don't even know what to take away from strong second periods.  The game dynamics are totally changed once a team goes up 3-0.  I doubt they are playing as hard up 3 as they are up 2 or less.  Do you get credit for making some games interesting after not just shooting but totally blowing your own foot off in the first period?  Its like mounting a comeback against prevent defense after the game is basically out of reach.  

The inconsistency of this team is infuriating!  It's not like we don't have any talent but there are too many games they come out completely flat.  Every once in awhile they get a shot of juice through the veins and they look like a completely different team playing a completely different brand of hockey but I don't understand why it's so hard for them to maintain that level of play.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The inconsistency of this team is infuriating!  It's not like we don't have any talent but there are too many games they come out completely flat.  Every once in awhile they get a shot of juice through the veins and they look like a completely different team playing a completely different brand of hockey but I don't understand why it's so hard for them to maintain that level of play.

An off night cannot be 50% of all nights.  Its not like its been good effort and a few mental lapses to give up soft goals like last year or the old script where they give up a goal and then the wheels come off for 5 minutes before composure returns.  They are so flat coming out of the gate that they're getting shelled and the game is essentially lost in the opening period.

Dahlin and Peterka played one of the worst shifts I have witnessed on the second goal.  Dahlin is far too experienced to continue to be giving up these WTF type goals. He turned the puck over like 5 times on that shift and Peterka tried to outdo him.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Weak goaltending and weak defensive zone play. Despite the young offensive talent, the team is fundamentally flawed as currently constructed.

All of that plus add weak coaching and a learning on the job general manager what could go wrong? The Buffalo Sabres if they miss the playoffs again at the end of the season need to hire an experienced NHL proven head coach. And for the love of the Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo this franchise needs to seriously look at their ticket pricing structure in the offseason because it’s embarrassing these Sabres games either half empty or the opposing team fans make up roughly 1/4 of the arena crowd to be kind it could be a 1/3 if not half 1/2 or more when Toronto and Montreal come to town that is telling it like it is the truth which I realize the Sabres organization has trouble accepting. Sabres ticket prices need to come way down more than Sabres cheap kids tickets with a paying parent. The Sabres attendance problems need way more than that to fix the major Sabres attendance problems in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Much more entertaining game than I was expecting.  Cozens best game of this season by far and Levi has made a lot of huge saves.  Nice to see Krebsy getting after Eichel even though didn't look like a dirty hit, would be nice if the Sabres can get pull off a Win. 

And Benson? Kid's amazing. Has to be on the RoY radar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

These guys are so hard to watch 🤦🏻‍♂️….Drought will extend another year. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, they are an utter embarrassment. 

Yep.  Watched the first period but I'm not pissing away the rest of my night watching this type of game yet again.  After scrolling through here a little I am putting on Christmas shows the rest of the night.

• Like (+1) 1