Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Sucks. Hopefully a #2 WR is not the missing piece to season while we watch Hopkins put up a 1,000+ yd season catching balls from Tannehill. 

Of course he's going to pull 1k yards, he's going to be the unquestioned #1 WR in that relatively weak WR room.  No way we get that sort of value out of him on our team at anywhere close to the money the Titans gave him.  In what world would it make sense to give him $10m+/year when we honestly don't really need him?  We added Cook and Kinkaid, Knox will benefit from better O-line play freeing him to go out and catch balls, and our WR signings are underrated.  Davis is fine as WR2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/15/2023 at 12:49 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

you'd think if a team had offered good $ he'd already be signed somewhere

There are still some quality UFA's 

If not Hopkins, I'd love to see Ngakoue or Ingram sign here.  That would give us a constant wave of good edge play. 

Again, if a team offered good $ they'd already be signed

The longer these players are on the market, the better chance we have of snagging one who decides to take a little less for a good team 

Looks like he was offered some decent coin by someone 

Edited by Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

silly way of looking at it imo

maybe he believes in the Titans

like how Diggs believed in the Bills

Diggs was traded without having any input, Hopkins chose where to go.  And the Titans appear to have offered him far more money than the Bills or Chefs did.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

silly way of looking at it imo

maybe he believes in the Titans

like how Diggs believed in the Bills

There’s a monumental difference between believing in year 3 Josh Allen vs the guys the titans have under center.  Not to mention that Diggs didn’t choose the bills.  Hopkins chose the titans. 

I certainly don’t believe he went there because he thinks he has a reasonable chance of winning a Super Bowl. He went there because of the money.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Don’t love it, but I get it. At least it’s not the Chiefs. 

Remember when people were worried bc they signed Julio ( w Brown there)? Yeah. This is less of a worry.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Everyone knew it was about the money.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:24 PM, benderbender said:

Suddenly everyone is remembering what I can’t forget: the summer of JJ Watt aka the gaslighting saga. We’ve seen this before people. No preorders. Expect him to chase the money. He would have already taken less money already if it was a ring he was after. 

I'd actually play for the money, in any other position but QB.

If you're a top QB, you can dictate games more, and also get more endorsement money if the team does well. Every other position gets paid much less, and you never know how long your career will last. In the NFL, you have to cash in.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s a monumental difference between believing in year 3 Josh Allen vs the guys the titans have under center.  Not to mention that Diggs didn’t choose the bills.  Hopkins chose the titans. 

I certainly don’t believe he went there because he thinks he has a reasonable chance of winning a Super Bowl. He went there because of the money.  

Yes I agree it's not a perfect analogy, that's reasonable 

I just think it's silly to say oh this guy doesn't care about winning because he's only after the bag 

Every player goes everywhere because of the money

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He obviously waited out to see if a contender would match or come close the current offers he had. Once he realized nobody was going to bite he took the bag in front of him.

In NE he'd have to face 3 contenders with McNoodle throwing the ball against above average secondaries. 

At least in Tenn it might be interesting considering its a 2 horse race. Unfortunately for him Tennessee's horse is 2 steps away from the glue factory.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes I agree it's not a perfect analogy, that's reasonable 

I just think it's silly to say oh this guy doesn't care about winning because he's only after the bag 

Every player goes everywhere because of the money

“Doesn’t care” may be strong-  doesn’t care enough to take less $ is fair 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why he should take less money though? 

To have a better chance at getting a ring because the teams with the best chances aren’t willing to pay him………………duh

It’s really a dumb question scott

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.