Happy 27th Birthday Josh Allen

Doc Brown

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You not only believe Allen plays until he is 40, but at a SB winning level until that age?

While the rules they have added over the years do help a QB extend their careers, but only if those QBs can take advantage of the rules.  Big part of that is getting the correct players to protect Josh and Josh to use a protective pocket more.  As he has lacked a solid oline it will take a little time for Allen to trust a protecting line versus the turnstiles he's played behind.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s getting old.

He’s just a kid for crying out loud…, 😂

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Excluding Trent Dilfer does not make sense. Like Ravens you are discounting what he did. Ravens did it and replaced him following year and the success was all due to their defense as many Ravens fans claimed was wrong.

A nutless monkey QB could've won with that defense and running game that year.  Their defense only let up 10.3 ppg in the regular season and only 5.75 ppg in their four playoff wins.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

When I was just a bit older than him and folks my age would tell me I was a kid, I'd get mad. Now I wish I was a kid.

I’m a 64 year old kid, the 17 year old in me keeps trying to be in charge, 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You not only believe Allen plays until he is 40, but at a SB winning level until that age?

How old is Brady, and have the rules since he started been changed for safer conditions for QB’s.

So yes, I think the way the NFL treats QB’s and if he and Beane really mean it to mitigate the hits, he has a chance.

Do you want this to be over at 35 given in his previous 5 years, he missed 4 games when playing hero ball.

Hes been hurt at times with the repeated UCL and both shoulder and chest, he managed his way through it.  He’s done nothing but improve with every year.

My point is we don’t need anyone until at least Allen is say 33-34.  Not a backup, but a four year developmental guy.  We can let a good talent marinate for two three years.  Go old school and not through an youngin in there.

Lets keep building up every other offensive and defensive position including the lines over the years.

Are there really that many people freaking out that Josh Allen's window being able to win a Super Bowl is closing?  There's always a few idiots out there but I don't think that's how the general pulse of the fanbase feels.  I think the bigger concern is have the Bills built a capable team around him to win a Super Bowl?  That one has much more merit IMO

Oh yeah Happy Birthday Josh! 🍻  Enjoy playing Oak Hill tomorrow, hit em straight

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

How old is Brady, and have the rules since he started been changed for safer conditions for QB’s.

So yes, I think the way the NFL treats QB’s and if he and Beane really mean it to mitigate the hits, he has a chance.

Do you want this to be over at 35 given in his previous 5 years, he missed 4 games when playing hero ball.

Hes been hurt at times with the repeated UCL and both shoulder and chest, he managed his way through it.  He’s done nothing but improve with every year.

My point is we don’t need anyone until at least Allen is say 33-34.  Not a backup, but a four year developmental guy.  We can let a good talent marinate for two three years.  Go old school and not through an youngin in there.

Lets keep building up every other offensive and defensive position including the lines over the years.

I would love to see him play at a high level until 40.  Do I think it will happen…not likely.  

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

May all your wishes come true but particularly the one where you wish to host the Lombardi in a Bills uniform.

For those worried the Super Bowl window with him is probably over I'm just going to list some notable NFL QB's who won their first Super Bowl after turning 27.  Included only NFL players that are in HOF and/or were drafted in the top 32.  I excluded the first five Super Bowls because they may have won one before their age 27 season if they existed.  I also excluded Trent Dilfer because he's well Trent Dilfer.

Roger Staubach - age 29

You have to give Staubach a pass I believe. Heck, he spent four prime years in uniform, including a tour in Vietnam. Not saying he would have won a Super Bowl earlier but it at least deserves an asterisk.

No matter what, Happy Birthday Mr. Allen. May you have many, many more!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.