How do you rate improvements or degradation in the AFCE post draft?

BuffaloBill

AFCE Opponents - Initial post draft and following initial free agency period - Better or Worse  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Jets right now?

2. 2. How do you rate the Dolphins right now?

3. 3. How do you rate the Patriots* right now?

can you include "no change" in the poll? 

Can't vote, Dolphins are the same and that is not choice. 

Anyone who does not think the WAR improvement from adding Aaron Rodgers to the Jets does not make them "far better" does not understand football.  

• Agree 2

Think every team in the division has improved to be honest. Jets made additions to the only thing that held them back last year… QB play. They also added Mecole Hardman and Lazard to pair with some good skill position players. Then Izzy in the draft today who I think could do great things in a limited role. 

New England made improvements too. JuJu is a solid pick up for them, as was Gesicki and Robinson. They retained most of their Free Agents from the defensive side and had a pretty solid draft to boot. 

Miami and Buffalo are honestly slightly ahead of where they were at the end of the season, but ahead nonetheless. 

Edited by BBFL

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Rosters are not set but there are not likely to be any further blockbuster moves now that the initial free agency period and the draft are complete.

In a simple poll are AFCE teams far better, better or worse than last season?

Maybe add Buffalo to the poll too? I’m curious to see if people think we have improved or not.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I am hoping some of the people who think the Aaron Rodgers led Jets are not "far better" than the Zach Wilson led Jets can provide some color on their thinking. 

Wish I could help, but I voted “far better” as well. Maybe the wording in the poll title, made them think they were rating AFTER the Rodgers signing? 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Jets are far better.  

Dolphins and Pats are better.  

Not overly concerned because the Bills are also better and still have the best QB in the division. 

Yup....Aaron as a 1 yr rental will give the Jets a little temporary boost but it will come crashing down once Rodgers gets a load of the NY media.  

Getting past McDaniels and the WR duo will continue to be a problem especially with Fangio getting a couple extra toys. If Tua goes down again it all comes crashing down.

Bill and his 20 some picks did well especially with Gonzalez but Mac will continue to struggle.  Not worried about NE.

The Bills (McB) finally figured it out. Protect Josh. Surround Josh with more weapons and outscore teams. Don't get so caught up on defense. Keep building your team around 17 and hope Ken takes that next step.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I am hoping some of the people who think the Aaron Rodgers led Jets are not "far better" than the Zach Wilson led Jets can provide some color on their thinking. 

I don't think Aaron was very good in 2022 and he is age 40. Everyone just presumes Brady did it so Aaron can but Aaron has never had the same dedication to football that Tom did. 

I voted "better" because I do think Aaron is clearly an upgrade on Zack but I am sceptical Aaron is still capable of playing at an elite level and the biggest issue aside from QB was tackle and there isn't any upgrade there. 

If they get an elite season out of Rodgers then it is far better, for sure.

I actually think the people voting the same for New England are misguided. They are better. Their first two picks in this draft are going to be very good players for them and while I am not the biggest JuJu or Gesicki guy they are upgrades on Agholor and Jonnu Smith. How much do those matter when they still don't have a Quarterback is a fair question. They will still be the 4th best team in division, so if that is what people mean by the same - fair enough. But I think they will be a better football team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Aaron was very good in 2022 and he is age 40. Everyone just presumes Brady did it so Aaron can but Aaron has never had the same dedication to football that Tom did. 

I voted "better" because I do think Aaron is clearly an upgrade on Zack but I am sceptical Aaron is still capable of playing at an elite level and the biggest issue aside from QB was tackle and there isn't any upgrade there. 

I actually think the people voting the same for New England are misguided. They are better. Their first two picks in this draft are going to be very good players for them and while I am not the biggest JuJu or Gesicki guy they are upgrades on Agholor and Jonnu Smith. How much do those matter when they still don't have a Quarterback is a fair question. They will still be the 4th best team in division, so if that is what people mean by the same - fair enough. But I think they will be a better football team.

I think you under consider how bad  Zack Wilson was.   The gap last season from Allen to Rodgers is about the same size as the gap last season from Rodgers to Wilson.  Unless Rodgers does a Russell Wilson imitation, it is a huge upgrade. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills are the 3rd best roster in the div.

Dolphins

Jets

Bills

Patriots

Bills still the team to beat because they have the best QB.

Think this may well be true but I don't think there are big gaps. While I think the Dolphins and Jets have more stars, the Bills are deeper across the board I think. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Better 

better

worse 

How are the Pats worse?

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Pats are better in the same way most teams are “better” after the draft/FA.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Rosters are not set but there are not likely to be any further blockbuster moves now that the initial free agency period and the draft are complete.

In a simple poll are AFCE teams far better, better or worse than last season?

Why not have a section for the Bills as they are in the East as well.  What do TBDers think post FA, and Draft the similar ratings.  For me it’s better.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

No idea. Maybe because we beat an Aaron Rodgers-led team last year, but Wilson had a career game against us? That's all I can think of. 

Edited by chongli

44 minutes ago, chongli said:

No idea. Maybe because we beat an Aaron Rodgers-led team last year, but Wilson had a career game against us? That's all I can think of. 

We lost to a Zach Wilson jet team.  Your comment clearly indicates you are confused

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think this may well be true but I don't think there are big gaps. While I think the Dolphins and Jets have more stars, the Bills are deeper across the board I think. 

How are the Pats worse?

Easy they are. The didn’t improve a bit. Have the worst QB in the AFC complete changes if coaches. Worse 

The Bills just don’t have many holes it’s hard to improve when you know half these draft picks to begin with won’t be on the 53 man roster. 

Dolphins added Ramsey but Allen is his daddy

Pats did things and drafted weird players typical Hoodie off season

Jets are putting their faith in a 40 year old who may retire at anytime 

Bills are same, Dolphins are same, Pats slightly better, Jets better

Bills are best team in the division by 2 or 3 games 

13 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

well, the lions might disagree.  Basically ditched RB, then got them back, ditched a CB, no replacement.  

The Lions were a bit off - like they gave the remote to a 10 year old Madden gamer 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.