2023 offense has potential to be best in Bills history

Success

This was a sneaky good offseason for our offense.

Kincaid brings a versatility we didn't have at TE, and will create match-up nightmares for opposing DC's.  The additions of Sherfield and Harty were low key, but give us even more versatility, speed, YAC - and all 3 new additions have great hands, which is something we lacked in '22.

Then you go to the RB unit. Damien Harris is the best RB we have had in years, with Cook coming into his 2nd year after coming on strong at the end of last season.  They complement each other well.

If Davis can get back to form, and Brown takes the leap and realizes his potential - this team could have the best offense in the league, and the best we've seen in Buffalo.  And I loved the K-Gun days, but this O could be better.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 8

If the season started tomorrow, the offense is already significantly better than last year. We have upgraded LG, Slot WR, WR5, RB and "TE2". Added speed, added a potentially elite weapon. I really like what Beane has done. 

It wasn't a great FA/draft for teams needing a starting WR. So I am good adding Kinclaid and waiting until next year. 

To me though, replacing Brown was a must, not a luxury. Doesn't matter who is running routes if Josh is running for his life. 

Maybe it's coming in round 2. But if we are running it back with Brown, I hope he proves Beane right. 

• Like (+1) 6

Fun fact - the 2022 Buffalo Bills put up the 3rd highest point total for any Bills team ever - So we’re not far off. 

Don’t get me wrong, a lot was Josh Allen improvising and our offense seemed disjointed quite often, but still - we put up points.  

Having said this, I completely agree with your premise - 2nd year for Dorsey and Shakir, Kincaid, better RB group, etc. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

If the season started tomorrow, the offense is already significantly better than last year. We have upgraded LG, Slot WR, WR5, RB and "TE2". Added speed, added a potentially elite weapon. I really like what Beane has done. 

It wasn't a great FA/draft for teams needing a starting WR. So I am good adding Kinclaid and waiting until next year. 

To me though, replacing Brown was a must, not a luxury. Doesn't matter who is running routes if Josh is running for his life. 

Maybe it's coming in round 2. But if we are running it back with Brown, I hope he proves Beane right. 

I am hopeful. But none of the upgrades you mention would fall in the sure thing bucket. The WR room could be better or could be worse. We added fringe level players hoping they take a leap not superstars. OL we upgraded our G position but doesn’t help if we still have issues at T. The unit as a whole is not drastically better even on paper. The TE position should be better, but again we are banking on an unknown. We have seen rookie TE take awhile to develop. The RB room could be worse without Motor. We will see how Cook develops. 

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean sure but we have had some awesome offenses. I like the optimism but the rb room leaves a lot to be desired and we need a legit #2 receiver. However without a doubt, it is possibly our best TE room next to mark campbell and Tim Euhus!!!

I was a bigger fan of Derek Schouman, Derek Fine, and Shawn Nelson

37 minutes ago, Success said:

Kincaid brings a versatility we didn't have at TE, and will create match-up nightmares for opposing DC's.  The additions of Sherfield and Harty were low key, but give us even more versatility, speed, YAC - and all 3 new additions have great hands, which is something we lacked in '22.

Then you go to the RB unit. Damien Harris is the best RB we have had in years, with Cook coming into his 2nd year after coming on strong at the end of last season.  They complement each other well.

If Davis can get back to form, and Brown takes the leap and realizes his potential - this team could have the best offense in the league, and the best we've seen in Buffalo.  And I loved the K-Gun days, but this O could be better.

Hardy is going to be a Problem.  I believe he'll explode on the scene in this O and was a steal of a contract.

He already gives our O another dimension added with his speed, now with Kinclaid, you're right, this O is going to be even more brutal for DCs to gameplan for and stop. 

Love Harris too, just hope he stays healthy. 

But we're so much better than last year , where we led the league in many offensive categories and were top 3 in nearly all. 

Also Hines who can FLY will have a full off-season and should be more involved.  We got some ballers

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I think it has immense potential for sure, my 3 remaining offensive question marks IMHO are:  OL, Dorsey and Harris staying healthy.  

I totally agree this has been a sneaky good off season, especially for the offense.  I’ve been saying Sherfield and Harty are better signings than some think in terms of upgrades to last year.  And now adding Kincaid really brings the opportunity to create a lot of mismatches. 

And while I do think we made some solid OL moves, hoping we still add one more piece in the draft.  We got Josh a new weapon, so hoping one of our 2 picks gets him some more protection too.  

With the new prices it’s now on Dorsey to get them all involved.  And for me, that was one of his biggest weak points last year, using the talent we had.  But it was just his first season, and the one great thing about Kincaid being a first round pick is that the pressure will be on Dorsey to get him involved.

Love the Harris signing, just a little worried about him staying healthy as he has struggled with that.  More so for the cold weather games where I don’t love the idea of having to lean on Cook and Hines later in the season where the weather gets bad for us. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.