Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Tackle or End?

End. 

Id prefer the DT room get shaken up by trading Oliver, signing a stop gap and drafting a DT on Day 2, but I have no idea what the FO may do there. 

There are plenty of DE2 types still available, and I think we need one so we don’t have to rush Von back … and when he does come back, we have a legit group with Von - Rousseau - FA - Epenesa - Basham demoted to DE5 and has to earn being active Gameday once Von is back. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

What if they are proven incorrect?

Hayden Hurst the tight end?

It's true that Andy Reid for many years wore the label of "not being able to win the big one." I am hopeful that McDermott continues to grow.

Josh's decision making last year did regress and I put a lot of that on Dorsey. Part of the OCs job is to set clear parameters for play and reign in hero ball tendencies. Daboll did this better than Dorsey, IMO.

Opinions aren’t fact.  They fill the void of the absence of fact 

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, so back to my original point that you didn't like, go ahead them and name the slot WRs brought on by Beane then which we're good, which was the point.

Since Beasley apparently was the worst, which were better?   Don't go off on a tangent about Beasley.  

I'm all ears.  

No the point isn't necessarily invalid. But Beas had 35 yards in 4 games with Brady and Allen in 2022 after his production significantly droppef off down the stretch in 2021.

The "we haven't found the answer at slot yet" part of your post was correct. 

While we are on Harty...been watching some of his tape the last couple of days. Surprised how much he played outside for the Saints actually in 2021. That might have been necessity given their paucity of options, but he had some nice plays as a true wideout. I wonder now if that is part of the attraction for Beane? McKenzie was "slot only" and despite them trying to tell us otherwise in camp last summer by the end of the season they seem to have accepted that Khalil Shakir is slot only too. Harty and the fella from the Dolphins at least bring some in-out flexibility, whereas last year it was Diggs and Davis and then Kumerow was the only other option outside. Which is not me saying the Bills have enough at receiver btw - they don't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unpopular NFL take

I would eliminate all Preseason games.

COVID year showed they are completely unnecessary.  College has no preseason . Yes many teams play cupcakes for their first game but even some of the top teams have big time games as the season opener. 

I would compromise to 1 Preseason game and I would not play a single starter. 

And if I was a top player, I would refuse to play in any preseason game.  I would even negotiate that into my contract. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The Inability to adapt the defensive scheme to accommodate both injury or a team that knows how to beat our defensive scheme will continue to be a problem, primarily in the post season. 

Josh Allen needs to use the short pass more effectively, and actually hand of the ball to the RBs instead of running it himself so frequently. 

Beane and McDermott  need to invest in high quality O-lineman every offseason, (like that’s ever going to happen) 😂

Dorsey needs to utilize his available  personnel better and sequence his play calling, so that each play that is run helps the next play called. 

Oh, and special teams is the red headed step child of all NFL teams, 😂

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

4. While Gabe Davis didn’t play well last year, 

I'm now on a crusade about this.  I think many people have this perception that Davis is a problem, and I don't see it.  At least, not so big a problem that people should be so excited about.  Just seems to me that it would NICE to have top-of-the-league production from the #2, but it isn't necessary for the team to succeed.  Yes, the Davis wasn't as consistent making plays last season, but he was still a nice play-maker in the offense.  Yes, it's fair to expect some improvement in his production, and I'm sure it's his expectation, too, but he is nowhere near a problem.  

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No the point isn't necessarily invalid. But Beas had 35 yards in 4 games with Brady and Allen in 2022 after his production significantly droppef off down the stretch in 2021.

The "we haven't found the answer at slot yet" part of your post was correct. 

While we are on Harty...been watching some of his tape the last couple of days. Surprised how much he played outside for the Saints actually in 2021. That might have been necessity given their paucity of options, but he had some nice plays as a true wideout. I wonder now if that is part of the attraction for Beane? McKenzie was "slot only" and despite them trying to tell us otherwise in camp last summer by the end of the season they seem to have accepted that Khalil Shakir is slot only too. Harty and the fella from the Dolphins at least bring some in-out flexibility, whereas last year it was Diggs and Davis and then Kumerow was the only other option outside. Which is not me saying the Bills have enough at receiver btw - they don't. 

The point wasn't about Beasley, you made it about Beasley.  My statement about Beasley was a relative one.  If you want to argue that McKenzie and Crowder were better, which is implicitly what you're doing, great, I'll quietly note that.  It's a valid opinion although I do believe that the data is still on my side, whether Beasley is washed up or not.  

Thanks on the second sentence part.  My primary point, so we agree there.  

As to your third part, thanks for sharing that.  Unlike many other posters here I didn't watch every game that Harty played in.  LOL  In fact, I don't recall one, so I'm limited to data and youtube videos, which are typically highlights sans lowlights.  

We'll see what happens, but for five years now, also part of my original point implicitly, we've been treated to all kinds of statements by the team as to how the WRs that Beane has acquired were going to be the answer.  None have other than Diggs, and Diggs has largely come up empty come playoff time, particularly against KC and Cinci despite playing 90% of the offensive snaps.  (13 for 119, 0 TDs, 9.2 YPR)   Avg. of 4 catches for 40 yards/game.  

If Harty is that WR, then Beane will have hit on a first.  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The point wasn't about Beasley, you made it about Beasley.  My statement about Beasley was a relative one.  If you want to argue that McKenzie and Crowder were better, which is implicitly what you're doing, great, I'll quietly note that.  It's a valid opinion although I do believe that the data is still on my side, whether Beasley is washed up or not.  

Thanks on the second sentence part.  My primary point, so we agree there.  

As to your third part, thanks for sharing that.  Unlike many other posters here I didn't watch every game that Harty played in.  LOL  In fact, I don't recall one, so I'm limited to data and youtube videos, which are typically highlights sans lowlights.  

We'll see what happens, but for five years now, also part of my original point implicitly, we've been treated to all kinds of statements by the team as to how the WRs that Beane has acquired were going to be the answer.  None have other than Diggs, and Diggs has largely come up empty come playoff time, particularly against KC and Cinci despite playing 90% of the offensive snaps.  (13 for 119, 0 TDs, 9.2 YPR)   Avg. of 4 catches for 40 yards/game.  

If Harty is that WR, then Beane will have hit on a first.  

Complicated syntax and thought pattern. I think we're going to have to ask you to leave.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm now on a crusade about this.  I think many people have this perception that Davis is a problem, and I don't see it.  At least, not so big a problem that people should be so excited about.  Just seems to me that it would NICE to have top-of-the-league production from the #2, but it isn't necessary for the team to succeed.  Yes, the Davis wasn't as consistent making plays last season, but he was still a nice play-maker in the offense.  Yes, it's fair to expect some improvement in his production, and I'm sure it's his expectation, too, but he is nowhere near a problem.  

It's amazing to me how many people want to cut ties with him all together.  Yes he had a down season but when you look at his overall body of work I still think he can be a solid contributer for our Offense.  Problem is after the KC Divisional playoff game(I refuse to refer to that game as"..........") the expectations for him went through the roof.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.