Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ranch gets a bad rap around here…running for the foxhole as we speak…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525e05bc9dd37a7b0b1c

I think the ranch v. blue cheese issue should only apply to wings, where blue cheese reigns supreme. 

Ranch is tasty and has its place high in the dipping sauce pecking order.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

You said unpopular? How about this:

1. Leslie Fraiser's call on that infamous 3rd and 4 play in the Bengals game was the correct one. Everyone talks about 3rd and 4, but everyone forgets that the play was 3rd and 4 on the Bills 14 yard line. A soft zone concedes the first down but prevents the TD. Not only that but the closer a defense is playing to the goal line the less that they have to worry about WRs getting behind the DBs on a slippery field. All of this was intentional and we know this because the coverage tightened up after that play.
  2. The game was lost when Josh Allen overthrew Diggs on the first drive. If he hits that throw, the game would have been a shootout instead of a blowout. 
  3. Tremaine Edmonds was an excellent MLB for the Bills and his absence will be noted. 

I don't like your profile picture French Connection.  It does not work for me, fyi.  Sorry, I always think this.  I like your posts.  I have never said anything, but, this thread seems like a good place to share my thought.  Sorry, not trying to be personal, it just doesn't fit for me.  I am sure it is important to you.

Go Bills!

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are eye rolls attached. A LOT of Bills fans believe that McDermott is invincible. If we were to run a poll on here that said something like, “If the Bills lose in the Divisional Round this year, should they fire McDermott?” I would bet that the majority would want to retain him. I don’t think that he can stay even with a Championship Game appearance. If his team isn’t playing for the Super Bowl this year someone else needs to be coaching this team next year.

I can't remember seeing anybody here, even if they support McDermott, saying he is "invincible." It doesn't help your argument to mischaracterize those who disagree with you. 

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the two Bills opinions I have that are unpopular in terms of this forum as it has been recently would be: 

1. Ed Oliver is one of our top defensive players.

2. Josh Allen didn't play well enough in the post season this past January. 

Those are reasonable, and it's funny that support for one of our players would be unpopular.  Strange.  LOL  

Having said that, your statement about Oliver is relative.  He's easily the best DL-man, but that's not saying much.  He also posts a game that makes you say "wow," but then disappears for three or four games making you wonder whether he was even on the field.  

As to Allen's postseason play, agreed, but which of our players did step up?  A couple did, literally, as in a couple, but almost none.  Coaching didn't show up either for that matter.  

We squeaked by a Skylar Thompson-led Miami which beefed up the offensive post-season stats only, but it was far from impressive and there's no way that they should even have been in that game in the 2nd half.  

Just sayin', I agree with you generally speaking.  

22 hours ago, wppete said:

Truth hurst sometimes. Poor front office and HC. 

Ahh, those people that say their opinion is the “truth “. You have your opinion and others have theirs. Some people feel if they yell it enough it becomes truth. 
IMO the front office and HC are really good. And that’s the “truth”. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Ahh, those people that say their opinion is the “truth “. You have your opinion and others have theirs. Some people feel if they yell it enough it becomes truth. 
IMO the front office and HC are really good. And that’s the “truth”. 

I've noticed that when somebody offers an overwhelmingly negative opinion they always label it the "truth." As if a positive opinion is automatically untrue.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Airseven said:

They’re often supported by facts. Some are more subjective than others. But facts are not absent.

If an opinion is proven (the word that was used), it is fact, no longer opinion.  Same if it is disproven. By definition, opinions are inconclusive.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, QB Bills said:

A few of mine:

James Cook is a below average RB and is a significant step down from Motor.

The biggest position of need on the team is the d-line and they should use their first round pick on a lineman (again).

Ken Dorsey is a better playcaller than Brian Daboll. But Daboll knew how to coach Allen better.

The Bills will never have a head coaching advantage in a playoff game under this regime.

You lost me at James Cook is below average, so I didn't read the rest. 

Mine is Dawkins is severly overrated

Edited by BillsFan2313

The Fitz love nowadays sometimes seems a little weird to me.  I know he's a very likeable guy and seems to have fully embraced being a Bills fan in his retired life.  But after he got that contract extension in 2011 he played average at best.  His stats in 2012 only look respectable because a fair amount of those TD's came in garbage time situations.  And if he had a solid game he would ruin it a fair amount of times by throwing a dumb INT late.  The 2012 Titans game for example.

Speaking of 2012 this was the season as a Bills fan I felt the team had the most disappointing season of my life at least in terms of not meeting pre-season expectations.  

The 2021 playoff loss to the Chiefs wasn't that horrible for me to digest because prior to the game my gut said the Bills would lose a close game.   

45 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I can't remember seeing anybody here, even if they support McDermott, saying he is "invincible." It doesn't help your argument to mischaracterize those who disagree with you. 

I appreciate the tips on how to voice an opinion on TBD. I’m learning a lot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.