Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

7 hours ago, khlax3 said:

Bills won’t draft an olineman on Day 1 or 2 of the draft and they may not draft any

they will roster 9 and I think they are perfectly fine going into the season with Dawkins, McGovern, Morse, bates, brown, edwards, Doyle, Quesenberry, and Ike

I don’t think they’ll be counting on Doyle to go into the season due to his ACL.  So they’ll add one more.

But it might be Bobby Hart 🤪

(I think that will qualify as an unpopular opinion)

Edited by Beck Water

I’ll keep it to the current team. The coaching staff isn’t good enough. They are holding the team back. They were great to build a program but someone else needs to take them over the hump.

Dwayne Casey won coach of the year and was fired that offseason. The Raptors won a title shortly thereafter. I wanted Sean Payton this year. I don’t think McDermott should have immunity. It is Super Bowl or bust this year for him. We cannot waste the best years of Josh Allen.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There should be one NFL game in the Spring.  It should be on March 17.  All 32 teams play.  On alternate years, 'your' team wears a full green uniform, including helmet.  Mark Kelso returns in 'green' years, and uniform says 'GAZOO'.

Unpopular enough?

No, just weird.  I’ll give you full-deflection readings on the wierdometer

15 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

A large percentage of participants in this forum are clueless idiots whose on-line time would be better spent playing candy crush.

Again, judging by what I read here, I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion

I don’t mean I personally agree with that opinion, I’m saying that I read stuff that amounts to that opinion on a regular basis.

13 hours ago, wppete said:

McDermott and Beane are way overrated. 

I wouldn’t put Buffalo Bills GM Brandon Beane in the overrated category but definitely the head coach “Mr 13 seconds” Sean McDermott. If Sean McDermott gets fired at the end of next season he has only himself to blame. Sean McDermott wouldn’t be getting the garbage he is getting if he was just a leader admitted that 13 seconds is on me after the Kansas City Chiefs playoff game as a head coach this wouldn’t be happening. Then Sean McDermott makes it worse still refusing to be a leader accepting some blame for coming up short.

Oh no Sean McDermott can’t be a leader and accept responsibility as the Buffalo Bills head coach. Nothing to see here Bills fans Leslie Frazier isn’t coming back. Leslie Frazier was fired Sean McDermott couldn’t be a leader enough saying “I fired Leslie Frazier to deflect blame from me” because I am learning on the job and I tend to panic in pressure situations. Because remember it is never Sean McDermott fault self job preservation. Sean McDermott is getting fired we know how this is going to end from seeing it before from head coaches with huge egos unfortunately. The Bills football team are weaker now. Sean McDermott taking over the defense when he can’t handle being a good head coach what could go wrong? I expect the Bills to at worse get to the Super Bowl or surely Sean McDermott needs to be fired all because he couldn’t be a leader and accept personal responsibility for failing as a head coach it would have bought Sean McDermott more time if the bum accept responsibility it’s not too late opening day of training camp I failed Western New York for two years and I need to be a better Bills head coach admit that I am good as a Bills fan. Don’t spin and double down that gets you fired in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Mc Dermott can win a SB. Andy Reid was fired in Philly after playoff losses with McNabb at QB. Mahomes is making him look great. Now people are saying the same things about McDermott that they said about Reid. They are wrong. We just need a really good draft or 2 and a couple 'lucky bounces' in a relatively imjury free season and it will be our turn.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, QB Bills said:

A few of mine:

James Cook is a below average RB and is a significant step down from Motor.

The biggest position of need on the team is the d-line and they should use their first round pick on a lineman (again).

Ken Dorsey is a better playcaller than Brian Daboll. But Daboll knew how to coach Allen better.

The Bills will never have a head coaching advantage in a playoff game under this regime.

I pretty much agree on points 2 and 4. Keep drafting DL--- eventually, you have to hit on one--- right?

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dion Dawkins keeps on coming into shape to camp but the shape is a donut.  He gets fat and lazy in the off-season.

I also feel that the team needs a dome and that the team plays better in those conditions perhaps a real bruiser running back changes that situation

Dawson Knox was over paid

With the exception of Groot, none of the defensive ends, we have drafted are better than journeyman

Beasley is washed

I agree on points one and 4-- but would not call Rousseau an exception at this point.

Don’t draft a WR this year in the first 3 rounds unless an awesome prospect falls in your lap and trade back from round 1. They are a dime a dozen every year and we need LB, DL, OL, and safety depth much more. Especially since our interior DL will be thin next year with 3 contracts expiring. Draft WRs (multiple) next year. 

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It doesn’t cost anything to be a bit more kind towards long suffering fans of the same team we all love, yes?

Of course.
It was stated with tongue in cheek, noting that it’s nearly impossible to make a point or post an opinion without someone challenging it with an opposing view. 
The sky is blue. (Wait for it) 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll keep it to the current team. The coaching staff isn’t good enough. They are holding the team back. They were great to build a program but someone else needs to take them over the hump.

Dwayne Casey won coach of the year and was fired that offseason. The Raptors won a title shortly thereafter. I wanted Sean Payton this year. I don’t think McDermott should have immunity. It is Super Bowl or bust this year for him. We cannot waste the best years of Josh Allen.

In what possible way is this an unpopular opinion since it seems to be shared by half the people on the board?

. Except for Rousseau, Bills drafting of D line in the past gives me very little hope that they draft effective defense this year and in the future

. Bills should retain Beasley

. Hamlin should retire; he's lucky enough to be alive...or is he?

. Besides Diggs, there's a fair amount of dissention on the Bills. Look at all the guys that left. Could we be going back to the "Bickering Bills?"

.The recent OLine additions are of players who will get hurt and will not help. The Bills builders are ignoring the OLine and are using hopium

. Josh Allen can't throw an accurate deep ball consistently and his rocket passes and lack of foresight, plus little understanding how to adjust to plays while they happen, lead players and set up and throw proper velocity for the situation prevent YAC, screens etc. He also has difficulty finding the wide open man and he will not utilize running backs in the passing game. He'd rather scramble and run. I think he might have peripheral vision problems.

. Dawson Knox is a below average TE

. Von Miller might be finished and if not, he'll get hurt longterm again. Pegula made a Pujols-to-the Angels type move with Miller.

. Bills should definitely tear up that horrible turf and switch to natural grass. How many turf toes, ankle and knees have to get ruined to come

to that conclusion? 

. If the Bills don't win the SB this year, and they won't, it will be Diggs final year with the Bills

. Bring back the Buffalo Jills! End that stupid squabble between the Pegulas and the Jills

. Kathy Hochul is a nut

.  Bills Stadium is built on an old Indian burial ground...this is all you need to know about the Bills curse.

Edited by Blah Blah
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

In what possible way is this an unpopular opinion since it seems to be shared by half the people on the board?

There are eye rolls attached. A LOT of Bills fans believe that McDermott is invincible. If we were to run a poll on here that said something like, “If the Bills lose in the Divisional Round this year, should they fire McDermott?” I would bet that the majority would want to retain him. I don’t think that he can stay even with a Championship Game appearance. If his team isn’t playing for the Super Bowl this year someone else needs to be coaching this team next year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.