Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now I don't really  believe that.  But Sky Diver's slavish devotion to Alabama and Mr. Foster are just too good of a shtick to let die.

The number of receivers we've brought on that were the answer is mindboggling.  For slot only, McKenzie and Kumerow, now both unceremoniously gone.  Meanwhile we kicked the best slot receiver we've had in years, and one of Allen's favorites, Beasley, to the curb.  Now it's Harty.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Truth hurst sometimes. Poor front office and HC. 

This is an "unpopular opinions" thread, not "everyone who has said these things in every thread for three months come say them in this thread too, but with tone and syntax suggestint they are some righteous bearer of truth" thread 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You said unpopular? How about this:

1. Leslie Fraiser's call on that infamous 3rd and 4 play in the Bengals game was the correct one. Everyone talks about 3rd and 4, but everyone forgets that the play was 3rd and 4 on the Bills 14 yard line. A soft zone concedes the first down but prevents the TD. Not only that but the closer a defense is playing to the goal line the less that they have to worry about WRs getting behind the DBs on a slippery field. All of this was intentional and we know this because the coverage tightened up after that play.
  2. The game was lost when Josh Allen overthrew Diggs on the first drive. If he hits that throw, the game would have been a shootout instead of a blowout. 
  3. Tremaine Edmonds was an excellent MLB for the Bills and his absence will be noted. 
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The Bills will never have a head coaching advantage in a playoff game under this regime.

Wow!  Interesting!

I may comment on the others later, but this one is the most intriguing.  

Not sure I'd say never, but in general I agree.  McDermott isn't a natural football genius, like maybe McVay, and a lot of the guys who get deep into the playoffs are like that.

However, I'd argue that Reid also isn't a wunderkind.  He got where he is by accumulating knowledge and gaining wisdom, and that's exactly what McD is doing.  

McDermott will continue to improve because that his core principle - the growth mindset.  

So, I'd guess that 10 years from now, McD will be a star and McVay will be a guy who had some success.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The number of receivers we've brought on that were the answer is mindboggling.  For slot only, McKenzie and Kumerow, now both unceremoniously gone.  Meanwhile we kicked the best slot receiver we've had in years, and one of Allen's favorites, Beasley, to the curb.  Now it's Harty.  

First - Kumerow isn't a slot receiver.

Second - Beasley is washed. We saw he was washed when he was back at the end of last year.

• Agree 2

Dion Dawkins keeps on coming into shape to camp but the shape is a donut.  He gets fat and lazy in the off-season.

I also feel that the team needs a dome and that the team plays better in those conditions perhaps a real bruiser running back changes that situation

Dawson Knox was over paid

With the exception of Groot, none of the defensive ends, we have drafted are better than journeyman

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Beasley is washed

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dion Dawkins keeps on coming into shape to camp but the shape is a donut.  He gets fat and lazy in the off-season.

I also feel that the team needs a dome and that the team plays better in those conditions perhaps a real bruiser running back changes that situation

Dawson Knox was over paid

With the exception of Groot, none of the defensive ends, we have drafted are better than journeyman

Beasley is washed

I agree with everything here except the part about needing a dome. There are no domes in the NFL, only stadia with roofs.

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.959f78ffe655d49d447232501627f7ab.jpeg
Now I don't really  believe that.  But Sky Diver's slavish devotion to Alabama and Mr. Foster are just too good of a shtick to let die.

No HE wasn’t but you betcha bottom dolla’ Da’Rick was! He just needed a chance, the Bills blew it! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1. We should have protected Hodgins.

2. Dorsey is the problem on offense. He's didn't put his players in a position to succeed and Hines was woefully under utilized.

3. Ed Oliver is undersized and should not be in the middle of the D-line. 

4. We needed more out of our MLB than Edmonds, especially at the cost. Sign Bobby Wagner. 

The Bills lines are soft and non aggressive.

Hines should be in the offense more and Ken Dorsey Sucks as an OC because he doesn’t know how to use a screen to save his life.

Very Cathartic this thread.

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.