Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. With each passing season, fans will finally realize this organization F'd up major by not building a damn dome.  Josh's game gets neutralized in bad weather. 

Sure does and fully agree more will get on board each passing year. I completely get this is not a popular opinion so this is the perfect thread to share this. I wish all 32 teams had a dome. I want to see best talent vs best talent and not think twice about weather . I want to see adjustments during a game based on players and schemes not because of down pour, extreme wind or snow. Watching players slide all over field or inability/limiting pass is just not enjoyable. Maybe my stance changed on this since we have Allen, because all those drought years I would as a homer wish for a storm when bills faced an elite QB to even out the odds. The 2021 loss to patriots in wind monsoon sealed it for me. Mac Jones attempted one pass. It was big loss at time leading many to believe pats still team to beat. Fortunately they met again twice and pats were shown to be the clear inferior team 

This thread reinforces how difficult it must be to be a GM / Coach at that level.  This thread is filled with Bills fans, who all would claim that they understand football, but have such wildly different ideas of what we need to do, or what we failed to do, who is great, who is trash.  

Threads like these should be studied in Sociology and Psychology classes.

To contribute to the thread's title:

We are just as likely to win this year as the last two.  It comes down to breaks, injuries and a handful of plays.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Dawson knox isnt a top 10 TE and shouldnt have been paid like one. 

Also knowing the OL being weak and asking him stay in to block more often just shows the disconnect of FO and coaches. Wouldnt need to pay top money for a blocking TE🫣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Gonna post and run for cover here:

1. Fan expectations were so insane last year coupled with the media hype that anything less then a SB was forever going to be failure despite the fact they did legitimately have obstacles that were unprecedented for any team and once Damar happened the season was toast. This has now spilled over to the offseason and peoples view of the team.

2. Bills fan front run too hard at points, but the moment things go awry the pessimistic attitude runs in spades. 

3. Finally the drought unintentionally spoiled us with 1:00pm games and now you have two generations which got wayyy too use to it haha

4. Josh Allen's injury last year impacted him far more then people realize and that had more of an impact on the offense looking how it did then Dorsey's play calling. Additionally Dorseys play calling Jets on was a product of running what plays were easiest for Josh throwing and moving.

5. The Bills are going to have one run with Josh for the title and that will be their shot. It will happen, but with the way the AFC is loaded and Mahomes now an immovable object + Burrow hanging around they will get one shot to define themselves and that will be it.

6. Gabe Davis is a fine WR3 and the greater issue was not replacing Beasley for 5-6 yard catch's that ate yards and downs. Had Buffalo had that player in the slot no one would complain about Gabe.

7. McDermott's defense allows the safeties to be highlighted in their roles and once Hyde-Poyer retire you will see similar play with time to groom new guys in.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/26/2023 at 8:34 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. With each passing season, fans will finally realize this organization F'd up major by not building a damn dome.  Josh's game gets neutralized in bad weather. 

He had arguably the greatest postseason performance ever in a game when it was 0 degrees outside.

I'm never not amazed by the amount of Bills fans who think a domed stadium should be built, forever eliminating their weather advantage, so that a then-30-year old QB can benefit from it for a few years.

Strongly disagree with all of the OP's points, except the last one, which may be unpopular around here, but it's the Truth.

I would take that last point one step further, and suggest McDermott is a playoff liability; he is a hurdle that the team must overcome regardless of what the other team does.

In that way, he's probably good for something like 1-2 losses per season, simply as a result of being our coach.

1 minute ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

He had arguably the greatest postseason performance ever in a game when it was 0 degrees outside.

I'm never not amazed by the amount of Bills fans who think a domed stadium should be built, forever eliminating their weather advantage, so that a then-30-year old QB can benefit from it for a few years.

We don't really have a "cold weather" advantage.

The Fish for God's sake nearly beat us with their 3rd string QB, and the Bengals (who are used to more or less exactly the same weather) destroyed us on our turf....just this last season.

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We don't really have a "cold weather" advantage.

The Fish for God's sake nearly beat us with their 3rd string QB, and the Bengals (who are used to more or less exactly the same weather) destroyed us on our turf....just this last season.

One loss last year to another cold-weather team doesn't negate decades of games where the weather was an advantage for the Bills.

The answer is to maybe figure out a way to stop being such a finesse team that gets pushed around by more physical squads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.