Awesome Bills backyard bar

DJB

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Awesome bar!  At some point, I'm going to make that.

Maybe with his tax return, he can get a bigger TV and an in ground pool?

That is pretty sweet, but I thought the same thing.  That pool needs some love. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Why does everyone want to get away from their wife? Do you guys have some ugly wives or something?

It's 4th and goal from the 1 yard line.  Wife walks into the room and says "does the TV have to be so loud?"  Or she starts complaining about something her mother said....

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I have been to that bar twice, I don't think he saw me...

Can we get some better Liquor?

We were at an Embassy Suites in Florida a couple months ago. You get a couple free house drinks during happy hour if you’re staying there. I sit down at the bar and the drunk guy next to me starts blasting the bartender and some girl who must have been on her first week. “I don’t want the cheap stuff! Why do I have to show my room key? How dare you treat us like this?!? The Ritz would never treat us like this!” On and on, until I couldn’t take it. 

I asked if he had ever stayed at this hotel before. No, he says. Well I have, and they had locals from the neighborhood who came by nightly for 2 hours of free drinks (it used to be unlimited). Yes, you need to show a room key until they know you. Then I pointed out the window to the Ritz across the street. I told him we were there the night before, and they have no free drinks whatsoever. You can’t even get a seat there. Oh, and the rooms are $1,600 a night. You’re saving over $1k/night, you can afford to buy your own top shelf drinks. Level voice, but tore down everything he was saying. He pissed me off.  And then he shut up, he just wanted to be a drunk bully. 

Upside, you ask? The bar staff treated me like a King for the rest of our stay. They couldn’t fight back, but somebody did it for them. I mean, the head guy set up a dinner table outside by the pool on the 8th floor (there were no dining tables outside) with a sunset view over Sarasota Bay, the Gulf of Mexico AND a view of the basketball game I wanted to see inside at the bar. He even went and got flowers for the table to please my wife.  He was tipped accordingly. Moral of the story: life is better if you are NOT a jerk. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.