Prayers up. Foster Moreau stepping away from Football for Cancer Fight.

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The “good” news is that he has Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, which has close to 90% survival rate overall.  Wishing him all the best for a positive outcome!

Moreover, if it was caught during a routine physical, it most likely was not symptomatic, which means it was caught early.  Even advance Hodgkins lymphoma is considered to be relatively curable.  Hodgkins that is caught early, that much more so.  I had lung cancer that was caught accidently before it was symptomatic, though in retrospect, I think I did have one barely noticeable symptom.  It was stage 2 when I had a lobectomy followed by chemo.  That was 6 years ago.  I am now cancer free.  I'm not going to be playing football though.

BTW, I believe Foster Moreau was the other unusually athletic sleeper TE prospect the year Buffalo drafted Dawson Knox.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Moreover, if it was caught during a routine physical, it most likely was not symptomatic, which means it was caught early.  Even advance Hodgkins lymphoma is considered to be relatively curable.  Hodgkins that is caught early, that much more so.  I had lung cancer that was caught accidently before it was symptomatic, though in retrospect, I think I did have one barely noticeable symptom.  It was stage 2 when I had a lobectomy followed by chemo.  That was 6 years ago.  I am now cancer free.  I'm not going to be playing football though.

BTW, I believe Foster Moreau was the other unusually athletic sleeper TE prospect the year Buffalo drafted Dawson Knox.

Congrats on beating that Douche, Cancer

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Congrats on beating that Douche, Cancer

Thanks.  I happen to be an oddball.  I never smoked but ended up with both lung cancer and emphysema.  My cancer is gone and my emphysema appears to be progressing only slowly, so I should have years before it becomes severely debilitating.  My dad, a 50 year smoker, escaped lung cancer but developed emphysema that left him with 5% lung capacity by the time he died at 78.  Not easy to think about what he went through the last few years of his life.

Lots of prayers on this end. I was recently in need of prayer. Strangers, my parents lawn folks, work, it was amazing how people came through. Gives me hope. These people came from every walk of life. But for a moment, they came together. Brings tears to my eyes and fills my perpetually half full glass up!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:31 PM, BigAl2526 said:

Thanks.  I happen to be an oddball.  I never smoked but ended up with both lung cancer and emphysema.  My cancer is gone and my emphysema appears to be progressing only slowly, so I should have years before it becomes severely debilitating.  My dad, a 50 year smoker, escaped lung cancer but developed emphysema that left him with 5% lung capacity by the time he died at 78.  Not easy to think about what he went through the last few years of his life.

yikes.  Prayers for you and hope there are better treatments for emphysema before it progresses too much. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

yikes.  Prayers for you and hope there are better treatments for emphysema before it progresses too much. 

Well, I'm 71 and my emphysema symptoms are less pronounced than my father's at the same age.  I am hoping to make it to 80 without being in too bad shape.  We'll see about after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.