Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

10 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

That Bills playoff game gave the Dolphins serious false hope as to how close they are. The Bills were running on fumes and likely would've lost to the Jets had the Jets been the 1st Round opponent. 

Miami still has a linebacker problem. A major oline problem and a QB and offensive system that was being figured out by every opposing defense outside our stupid Cover 2 Zone defense before suffering his second concussion. People forget that the Niners  Chargers, and Packers had that Tua Offense locked down. 

That Miami win late during the regular season was when I knew things were not right with this Bills team. It was too difficult for us and our defense struggled way too much after the Niners and Chargers gave us a blue print on how to beat their offense. Heck the Packers used the exact same defensive blueprint a week after and took it to Miami. For some reason we just couldn't get out of our own way late last season.

Miami has serious let down written all over them. They're trying to hard to be the 2022 SuperBowl Rams but don't have Aaron Donald, The Oline and Matthew Stafford and they play in a much more loaded AFC.

I would agree with all of this except one thing:

Miami was SHREDDING GB before Tua got his concussion.

Had like 250 yards or something in the 1st half with 2 TDs, and this was against the number 1 pass defence 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billl said:

Sustainable?  He was terrible, and they still scored 31.  You’d be hard pressed to find a less capable QB than Skylar Thompson, and they still produced.  That is one of the best rosters in football.  When Tua is healthy, they’re at worst slight underdogs in every game.  When he isn’t healthy, they’ve still got a puncher’s chance.

Now they aren’t good enough to win a Super Bowl with a backup, but neither is anyone else.  They’re perfectly capable of making the playoffs if Tua misses 4 games in the regular season.  This move absolutely closes the gap a bit.  I still think the Bills are the favorites to win the East even if NY signs Rodgers, but at this point I’d take the field.

Sounds like last year when people thought adding Russell Wilson to the Broncos’ excellent defense was going to make them a Super Bowl contender or adding Davante Adams to the Raiders, would do the same for them.  

11 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

That Bills playoff game gave the Dolphins serious false hope as to how close they are. The Bills were running on fumes and likely would've lost to the Jets had the Jets been the 1st Round opponent. 

Miami still has a linebacker problem. A major oline problem and a QB and offensive system that was being figured out by every opposing defense outside our stupid Cover 2 Zone defense before suffering his second concussion. People forget that the Niners  Chargers, and Packers had that Tua Offense locked down. 

That Miami win late during the regular season was when I knew things were not right with this Bills team. It was too difficult for us and our defense struggled way too much after the Niners and Chargers gave us a blue print on how to beat their offense. Heck the Packers used the exact same defensive blueprint a week after and took it to Miami. For some reason we just couldn't get out of our own way late last season.

Miami has serious let down written all over them. They're trying to hard to be the 2022 SuperBowl Rams but don't have Aaron Donald, The Oline and Matthew Stafford and they play in a much more loaded AFC.

I think Chubbs overrated and they PAID him.  Howard is overrated and overpaid.  Phillips started to put it together a bit but he isn't anything to write home about.  Wilkins is a good disrupter in the middle. Honestly their Safeties are really solid players too in Holland and Jones.  

It shores up a weak spot for them for sure, and between him and Chubb you've added some serious talent to the defense.  But they're a team without depth, and they need to pay their QB next season so they're swinging for the fences.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would agree with all of this except one thing:

Miami was SHREDDING GB before Tua got his concussion.

Had like 250 yards or something in the 1st half with 2 TDs, and this was against the number 1 pass defence 

My memory failed me but you're right. I still stand by the fact that, that Miami team was rolling before the Niners and Chargers. 

I just think their offense will not be as explosive next season and they'll run into issues. They're pouring all their resources into their defense and neglecting their oline. Will see if Waddle and Hill go off again for the same amount of yards. History suggests without stud QB play it will be hard to repeat.

I am still not crazy about their defense given their linebackers are average.

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

My memory failed me but you're right. I still stand by the fact that, that Miami team was rolling before the Niners and Chargers. 

I just think their offense will not be as explosive next season and they'll run into issues. They're pouring all their resources into their defense and neglecting their oline. Will see if Waddle and Hill go off again for the same amount of yards. History suggests without stud QB play it will be hard to repeat.

I am still not crazy about their defense given their linebackers are average.

Yes sir I agree with you.

One more concussion to Tua and their season is basically over as well.

The lack of O-Line investment tells me they're running Tua for one more year and one more year only.  I can't say I disagree with the premise.  Tua has major concussion concerns, I wouldn't build around him long term either. 

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

No, I saw the comedy in nearly all of it. 

so you think it's an actual viable plan and that this front office actualyl is goign to go forward with letting Dorsey wing it with Josh?

this team is not going to get to the super bowl any time soon. they won't even have a chance in the AFCC.

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

They aren't cutting their best CB. Ramsey doesn't worry me at all. He's just gonna chew up cap and burn the Dolphins itty-bitty window out even quicker.

Xavien Howard was awful last year…could be injury related though.  People should pump the breaks on them having two great corners until X potentially returns to form 

I don’t really understand the dolphins…resource wise they’re all in but the odds of tua winning 4 straight playoff games is extremely low.  He’s good at what he likes to do but he’s not gonna win a shootout with mahomes and playoff caliber defenses are going to take away the middle of the field.  They’re in danger of not being able to resign some great young players coming off rookie deals the next few years and are likely going to be in the qb market after next season. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Trey is one year removed from his, Von will be back mid year. 

I think it's fair to wonder whether Trey or Von are ever the same player again. 

There was a study that showed how NFL players show reduced play after ACL injuries and both of our players coming off ACL's are near 30 or in their 30's. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ramsey was graded out well by PFF in 2022 despite the Rams down season but I have always found Ramsey to be overrated, a very good player at times but not the elite player he is often stated to be. I am not really concerned about this, the Fins should have spent their resources on the O-line as opposed to their defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.