Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

24 minutes ago, Billl said:

So your opinion is that Vic Fangio isn’t a good DC?  I guess it’s not enough that no teams other than the Bills have good players.  Every other team’s coaches suck as well.

I didn’t even read the ridiculous conclusion of your terrible post until after I posted my reply.  Now you say this to me of all people?    

Wtf are you talking about dude?  Where have I ever said anything of the sort?  I just posted that the fins, jets and bills should all be equal favorites (once the jets get ARod).

It’s as if you think every bills fan is a huge homer and think every other team sucks.  He’s, there are some homers on a bills message board…..but the brains of the operation are generally less biased as am I.

Don’t classify all bills fans as homers.

I really don’t see what you contribute other than butt hurt, trolling posts. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Please answer me this:  what did I say that could even come close to resembling “Fangio isn’t a good DC”?  My post said nothing of the sorts and I’m not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that you just did.  You’re trolling. And you’re bad at it. 

You used to discuss good points.  Now you just troll and get butthurt when Bills fans on a bills message board are homers towards the Bills and when they **** on a hated rival, who just so happens to be your team.  

If this were a democracy, I’d like for a vote booting you from the board.  You’re like a cat.  Bring nothing to the table. 

First of all cats bring home food all the time as treats for their owners.  

You should appreciate good *****

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Ramsey pick up is solid for the Dolphins. 

I think Ramsey is still solid. I think he's lost some but his experience, talent, and moxy will help the Dolphins. It certainly makes them a better team. By how much is debatable. 

Make no mistake about it the Dolphins are going all out to dethrone the Bills. 

Damn that's a scathing post. Ouch...

He’s a chiefs fan that started out being rational and seemed to have the understanding that there are Bills fans on a Bills message board that are die hard homers.  He’d rarely say anything negative to other posters.  Things have changed and now he’s constantly on the defense of every team not named Buffalo.  Not worthy imo

• Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wrong. They're not even favored over the Jets.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/afc-east/winner

Only on here do people think that adding a pretty good CB rockets a team past the only team in the division with a clear franchise QB.

The Bills have some work to do to catch up to the Chiefs and Bengals. Not the Dolphins. When they have their QB situation figured out they can join the conversation.

I'm not so sure about this. I think the Dolphins are already in that conversation. 

I do give the Bills an edge solely because of Allen. However, just look at the three game the Bills played the Dolphins. Every game went down to the wire. 

The real question is the Jets. Will they land Rodgers? Does that vault them into the conversation? 

The division is going to be a dogfight. 

Just now, NewEra said:

I didn’t even read the ridiculous conclusion of your terrible post until after I posted my reply.  Now you say this to me of all people?    

Wtf are you talking about dude?  Where have I ever said anything of the sort?  I just posted that the fins, jets and bills should all be equal favorites (once the jets get ARod).

It’s as if you think every bills fan is a huge homer and think every other team sucks.  He’s, there are some homers on a bills message board…..but the brains of the operation are generally less biased as am I.

Don’t classify all bills fans as homers.

I really don’t see what you contribute other than butt hurt, trolling posts. 

I may have misinterpreted your post, then.  I took it as arguing that Fangio wasn’t a good DC.  If that wasn’t your intent, then I apologize.  The amount of people around here claiming that pretty much everyone not under contract for the Bills sucks is astounding, though.  Aaron Rodgers, Tua, Bradley Chubb, Jalen Ramsey…bunch of bums.  Then a poster involved in the same back and forth with Einstein was dumping on Fangio as well.  It’s pretty wild.

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

More whistling pass the graveyard for Bills fans. It's comical. If the Bills signed Ramsey under those conditions, there'd be Bills fans gloating all around. Same Bills fans also think losing Poyer "He's old and washed up", and Edmunds "Highly overrated and a liability". is a plus!!. The Jets and Dolphins are making big times moves, while the Bills go backwards. Josh and Diggs can only carry us so far. At this point in time (Considering Edmunds and Poyer are gone). The Bills are a 3rd place team in the division, and it's not even close. Beane better get going!!    

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Without a doubt. If we got Ramsay for a 3rd and a backup TE, this post would be blowing up with praise for Beane.

You guys are clearly completely out of touch with this team and this board.  There would be an absolute melt down if we spent that much money on Jalen, not to mention the draft pick, and rightfully so because it would have been a terrible move by the Bills if we did this.

I live in LA, I can tell you with 100% certainty you two are living off a name and NOT commenting based on his actual on field play.  Having watched almost every Ram game since he became a Ram, I can tell you that while Ramsey is not a bum, he certainly has not played to the level of his reputation.  

Second, if the Bills were paying top money to TWO CB's in Tre and Ramsey it would set this team back big time.  Nobody here would be happy about a trade with a big 2 year commitment money wise to a DB who isn't even going to return the value he is being paid, let alone having that much money invested just into our 2 CB's in Tre and Jalen.  

So sorry, these posts above are way off base.  

As for Miami...Did the Dolphins get better today in their secondary, sure, I don't think there is no denying that, but its also not to the degree the constant doom and gloom crowd around here like @Einstein wants to portray.  And at what cost?  Next year, they have a massive amount of money invested into guys who are older or not performing to the level of their contracts, and that is before they have to pay Tua or spend money on a QB upgrade if Tua can't lock the job down.  This is a win it all move right now, and if they don't it will set them back quite a bit.  

And sorry, adding Ramsey to the Dolphins does not feel like the missing piece to get past the rest of the AFC that consists of Bills, KC, Cincy, and maybe even Jets if they land Rodgers.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

More whistling pass the graveyard for Bills fans. It's comical. If the Bills signed Ramsey under those conditions, there'd be Bills fans gloating all around. Same Bills fans also think losing Poyer "He's old and washed up", and Edmunds "Highly overrated and a liability". is a plus!!. The Jets and Dolphins are making big times moves, while the Bills go backwards. Josh and Diggs can only carry us so far. At this point in time (Considering Edmunds and Poyer are gone). The Bills are a 3rd place team in the division, and it's not even close. Beane better get going!!    

I’ve literally said all 3 of these things for months. You dont resign big money safeties for 10+ million a year when they’re 32. If anything this past year, where Poyer had multiple injuries is an indicator they shouldn’t do that. 

I wouldn’t be against Edmunds but if your going to pay him than 20 million a year for a guy who doesn’t affect top QBs than no thanks. I’m sure he doesn’t get enough credit but that’s bad asset allocation. 

I am an FSU fan, Ramsey was excellent at the beginning of his career in Jacksonville. He is still a good CB I’m not saying he sucks but has been declining for the last 2 years in my opinion. His name keeps overvaluing him. 

Id actually say you doom and gloom. How are the Bills supposed to add more Allen weapons if they’re paying two LBs, Two Safeties, a DE, and a DT over 10 million a year. It’s not feasible. I suspect you’ll see the Bills go offense heavy. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m not exactly sure I understand what the Dolphins are doing.  

Trade for Hill, huge contract. 

Trade for Chubb, huge contract

Trade for Ramsey, huge contract

Restructures all around.  

It’s the Rams model, swap Stafford for Tua and the NFC for the AFC.  

Well, if they make two Super Bowls and win one, like the Rams did, some people will think it was a good plan. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Well, if they make two Super Bowls and win one, like the Rams did, some people will think it was a good plan. 

I get what they’re doing, but Tua isn’t Stafford of two years ago and the AFC isn’t the NFC. 

Funny thing is, I think if the Jets got Aaron Rodgers, they're better than the Dolphins.  You talk about teams benefitting from great players on rookie deals.  The Jets are about to be doing that better than the Bengals ever were. 

Jets, in just 1 draft class, got themselves a 1st team all-pro at CB, the OROY at WR and a RB that was - I think - favorite for OROY until the ACL tear.

Their defense was already on another level and the only defense I have seen in the past 2 seasons that legitimately made it difficult for Allen and co.

And the offense is set at the skill positions.  Their WR room consists of 1st and 2nd round talent.  Breece Hall looked incredible.. we can only hope he goes through the post-ACL tear slump, but we will see.  We have 0 former 1st/2nd round WRs as of right now.  (Man, how I would LOVE to see Allen with a proper arsenal to work with).

Anyway, yeah, it's the Jets... and apparently, Vegas agrees with me.  Vegas odds have already been adjusted to...

AFC Championship Winner:

Chiefs +350

Bills +450

Bengals +450

Jets (not Dolphins) +800

LA Chargers +1100

Edited by BobBelcher

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

I may have misinterpreted your post, then.  I took it as arguing that Fangio wasn’t a good DC.  If that wasn’t your intent, then I apologize.  The amount of people around here claiming that pretty much everyone not under contract for the Bills sucks is astounding, though.  Aaron Rodgers, Tua, Bradley Chubb, Jalen Ramsey…bunch of bums.  Then a poster involved in the same back and forth with Einstein was dumping on Fangio as well.  It’s pretty wild.

what’s wild is that you’re here, a chiefs fan on a Bills messages board and your astounded that there are Bills fans that are crapping on other teams. Read your chiefs MB.  You’ll see plenty of fans crapping on every team in the league.

what’s also wild is 

Did you think every Bills fan is 💯 unbiased?  

Do you think there’s any fan base, of any sport in the world, that are 💯 unbiased towards their team?  

The majority of us that don’t wear rose colored glasses 24/7 and speak as you say.  Your bolded statement is an extreme exaggeration.  “Astounding”.  My ***

The Bills are a contender again for the SB this year. I think in the  whole this board is aware of the AFC East getting stronger. Not many underestimating. Yes the loss to the Bengals was surprising more in the lack of energy the Bills gave. Injuries happen and the circumstances of the year took its toll. I will say that the pressure is deservingly high on McBeane. Will it be a tough year, absolutely. But I would not assume the Bills are not going to be very much in the mix. Years ago a contending team would bring unreal excitement. The negativity seems a bit over the top imho. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What would you recommend they do instead? 

They’re so leveraged now that I guess the Ramsey move makes sense, but in retrospect, I’d think they may have wished they addressed QB last off-season before going all-in on Tua for a 2-3 year window. 

Not surprised by the usual doom and gloom suspects over reacting and over dramatizing this trade...but lets strip all that away and try and take a more RATIONAL look at this trade:

• Miami improved today in their secondary.  But not as much as the classic doom and gloom posters around here are over exaggerating.  I have watched pretty much every game Ramsey has played here in LA, and he is not as consistent as he once was, and his past reputation exceeds his play on the field. 
    • And at what cost?  Miami over paid, and their cap hits next year are severe with guys approaching the later years of their careers or guys who are not delivering the value of what they are being paid.  
    • IMHO, Miami could have saved their assets and signed someone cheaper in FA who could have delivered a similar value on the field as Ramsey.  They way over paid here between contract and cost to acquire. 
  • Miami still has a major question mark at QB...not a little one, a major one.  Not only has Tua not played a full season yet, the reasons he is missing games are getting more severe.  Getting 2 concussions in a season is bad enough, getting 2 to the degree he did is another level of concern.  And he plays a position where recurring concussions have a higher frequency, especially on someone of his smaller stature.  
    • And it is not just about him surviving this season, its his ability to survive moving forward because Miami is going to have to pay him soon and that is going to cost Miami players because their cap is going to be a mess when they extend him. 
  • Miami was losing WITH Tua last year.  Yes he had a hot start, but he cooled off and teams started to figure out how to defend them better and Tua's weak arm started show up and his mistakes cost the teams games that almost made them miss the playoffs.  So even if healthy, he has to prove he can be the guy.
  • This was a Rams like move, where they risk future set backs to try and go all in now.  Difference is, Rams had a QB that was more reliable and proven to do that with and were a lot closer to representing the NFC in the SB.
    • Miami has to get past the murderers row in the AFC of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and probably Rodgers now too.  Not to mention you still have a rising team in Jax now adding Calvin Ridley to the offense, and Herbert and maybe even Denver if Peyton can turn the Wilson situation around (which I am personally skeptical of).  Bottom line is, path in the AFC is a lot tougher than what Rams were facing where they were "going all in".  And I have a hard time seeing Ramsey of today as the missing piece to getting past all those teams.  

Bottom line:  I don't fear the Ramsey trade much at all, in fact, ARod to the Jets is going to be a more serious threat.  Miami wasn't a CB away from winning the SB last year, but the Jets were a QB away from being very dangerous last year.  Not to mention, they get Breece Hall back this year too.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They’re so leveraged now that I guess the Ramsey move makes sense, but in retrospect, I’d think they may have wished they addressed QB last off-season before going all-in on Tua for a 2-3 year window. 

And how should they have addressed the QB situation last year? 

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Haha only here and probably on a fins message board would people consider McDaniel the better coach. The guy had a good half season, and that’s somehow better than playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons? 

I get that people are let down with how the season ended, but…..

The Dolphins played a QB who should not have been on the field. They had a poor second half of the year to be kind. For some reason the coach is viewed as some kind of genius. Appears to be cocky, immature and bit quirky to me. I do think the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will all be in the playoff mix. Enough with McDaniel the genius until he wins a playoff game. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

LMAO if you think Ramsey is the missing piece to make 2 SB's and win one.  You clearly havent watched Ramsey play the last 2 years.  Rams also had Stafford...Miami has an undersized QB with below average arm strength that has yet to play a full season and now has a pattern of severe concussion issues who the team can't even commit to.  

LOL at this comparison.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.