Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What? 

I agree with the poster you quoted. 

Dolphins are going Rams redux.. except they have brittle Tua, not Stafford and are in a conference about 10x tougher than what the Rams navigated. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did I say his play the year before wasn't any good?  I said I have watched every game he has been a Ram for the most part, and that he TODAY is not still elite.  His play has diminished.  

And since win does a TEAM winning a SB mean a single player must be elite anyway?  That is the most ridiculous logic I have seen.  I already said he doesn't suck, but no offense, how can someone like yourself who has not watched him play actually give any kind of an informed opinion here?  Why because you have heard of him?  

I will rely on actually watching him play over your google searches of other peoples opinions who mostly didn't watch all his games either.  Roger Saffold was voted to the Pro Bowl this year...shows the value that a name carries amongst people who didn't actually watch him play.

So maybe google less, and watch more.

For starters... I watched him a ton as well. he may be slightly diminished but he is still playing at a very high level. Name a SB player that did not have one or 2 players playing at an elite level?  Lastly? Miami is loaded with talent. Miami finished 9-8 last year expect 10 wins this year and they going to be a better team for it with Ramsey on that team

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

For starters... I watched him a ton as well. he may be slightly diminished but he is still playing at a very high level. Name a SB player that did not have one or 2 players playing at an elite level?  Lastly? Miami is loaded with talent. Miami finished 9-8 last year expect 10 wins this year and they going to be a better team for it with Ramsey on that team

Who is playing QB for them?

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 8-4 in games Tua started and finished. They were 24th in defense and hired arguably the best DC and traded nothing for at worst a pro bowl type CB.

No disrespect at all, but you just glossed over the fact that he started 8-0, but then went 0-4 after that and after teams starting to figure out how to defend McDaniels offense and Tua better.  And Tua was a major contributor to those losses with poor decisions and turnovers, where his weak arm began hurting him.  

Bills started off red hot too last year before teams figured out how to disrupt our offense as well. 

And Miami's 24th ranked defense wasn't one CB away from being a top 5 D or anything.  They had several issues on defense.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

why is everything so black or white. I still think the Bills are the best team in the division. However, Miami made themselves, on paper, a lot better with Fangio and Ramsey, which besides Tia’s health, was their major weakness last year. He’s a huge nerd but McDaniel is a really good offensive coach.  Miami has the foundation of a really good team and those two wins I locked in with them aren’t guaranteed any more. 

again, we have a 200 page thread on Odell, who has been declining for 5 years and can’t stay healthy. 

I don't understand this next part, I am one of the few people here not looking at this as Black or White.  I am looking at his with rational eyes, and I have already said several times that Miami improved their defensive backfield today.  But while that may be true, it is not to the degree of the over exaggeration going on in this thread.  For the record, I don't find anything you have said as to be part of that over exaggeration crowd, I am more referencing my previous posts.  

Nothing about this moves makes me feel it moves Miami ahead of KC, Cincy, or the Bills.  And if the Jets get Rodgers, I would still have more confidence in the Jets this year than Miami.  And the big reason is Tua.  All the other top teams have Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Rodgers...Miami has Tua, a guy who can't stay healthy, ended his season heavily contributing to 4 straight losses, and whose injuries are getting more severe.  

So end of the day, even if Ramsey has a rebirth in Miami and plays more like his old self, it doesn't move the needle much if they can't stabilize the QB position in a loaded AFC Conference.  It also doesn't change the near term ramifications of this move if it doesn't result in a SB title this year or next.  They have a very top heavy cap situation with several guys aging or not living up to their contract size already.  And that is before they either pay Tua or some other QB to replace him.

And as far as Fangio goes, he appears to be an upgrade at DC for him, but he is being a bit over exaggerated around here too IMHO.  

Miami was already a tough foe, and will continue to be one this year.  But I am much more concerned about Jets getting Rodgers than I am Miami over paying Ramsey.

Edited by Alphadawg7

33 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

According to what data? He plays aggressively and gets burned a fair amount. He’s a good corner but certainly “shut down”.. no corners are.

Probably much better than any CB we have on the roster. No Bills fan will ever say anything positive about the Dolphins, but unless we make some major upgrades, they will be favored to win by many and if the Jets get Rodgers, they will also. 

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is assuming Allen, Miller and Settle restructure and it somehow reaches $26M.

Its more likely to be around $20M with $10M going toward the draft.

If you're gonna be a troll/constantly negative about this team, at least get the facts straight...

1. Josh/Von: restructures free up close to $32m....which along with Milano and Settle deals, puts us around 23-$25m.

2. Draft: you're clearly one who doesn't look carefully at other posts/details...Likely need $3m (tops) for draft class.  Def not $10m.

3. Dolphins: are setting themselves up for cap hell in 1-2 years, aka Saints/Rams.  Admittedly, they have some blur chippers but those cap hits next yr are brutal...and figuring out what to do with Tua and a Waddle extension shortly around the corner after that

4. Other cuts/restructures: we have some more flexibility, depending how they handle Dion, Tre, Diggs contracts.  Makatevich and Hines are possible extensions/cuts too.  Same with Ed, extension or trade. 

5. Draft: Miami has 4 picks this yr.  No 1st or 3rd.  We have leverage, and where we're at today is not indicative of tomorrow.

Bottom line, this trade screams "all in" for Miami.  With a polarizing QB, def not a tier 1 player, this Ramsey trade would make me skeptical as a Miami fan.  And I'd be furious as a Bills fan, trading for him...we need OL and Wr investments

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billl said:

He’s 28 and just had the best season of his career.  He’s absolutely elite.

Says the guy who didn't watch any of his games 😂.  The only accurate thing in your post is his age.  But wow, calling last year the best year of Ramsey's career is about the wildest thing I have seen all offseason. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

They may be better, but they’re still behind KC, Buffalo & Cincinnati.  

Likely behind the Jets if Rodgers goes there.  

In the tier 2 of the AFC with LAC, JAX and BAL (with Lamar). 

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Says the guy who didn't watch any of his games 😂.  The only accurate thing in your post is his age.  But wow, calling last year the best year of Ramsey's career is about the wildest thing I have seen all offseason. 

Okay, Homer.  Keep trying to convince people that the guy who’s been first team All-Pro twice in the past 3 seasons isn’t elite.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Man, that’s a good roster. Stop the insanity. 

Im not arguing with that.  Their roster is loaded. 

It’s the Rams approach, in a way tougher conference with an injury prone QB. 

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So you think that Skyler Thompson play is sustainable?

Is this where I should bring up that back up QB is usually get found out by the third game or so

Sustainable?  He was terrible, and they still scored 31.  You’d be hard pressed to find a less capable QB than Skylar Thompson, and they still produced.  That is one of the best rosters in football.  When Tua is healthy, they’re at worst slight underdogs in every game.  When he isn’t healthy, they’ve still got a puncher’s chance.

Now they aren’t good enough to win a Super Bowl with a backup, but neither is anyone else.  They’re perfectly capable of making the playoffs if Tua misses 4 games in the regular season.  This move absolutely closes the gap a bit.  I still think the Bills are the favorites to win the East even if NY signs Rodgers, but at this point I’d take the field.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Ramsey was a top 10 ranked CB last year. 20+ spots above the nearest Bill. 

Taron Johnson , Dane Jackson and 2 rookies started for us most of last season. He sure as hell better be that far ahead of our cb’s. WOW. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.