Shooting at Joe Mixon’s house(s)

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are conflicting reports on whether or not Mixon was actually involved.  If he is, then he will be done in the league forever and will be facing jail time.  So I could see how people close to him might be trying to cover for his sorry ass.  This is going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.  

There is a cell video on Twitter that claims it was outside his house where you can’t see him (it’s night and too dark) but cell phone picks up the gun shot sounds and it was like 10 gunshots.  If that is a legit video, firing 10 shots at an unarmed minor and striking him in the leg is going to result in some significant jail time.

Ten shots and he only got him once in the leg?

Is he a Stormtrooper?

• Haha (+1) 7

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

That's what I'm wondering...even if it was Mixon (we don't know that yet), what precipitated the shots?

drug fueled paranoia and general disregard for others are my guesses. its not like he lives in the hood to be paranoid. looked like a rich suburban neighborhood. even more "laughable" if its a gated community

if this was him, 0 chance he ever plays again. this is an escalation VERY similar to hernandez, except very in the open.  if/when he kills someone, while on a new contract, with a new team, itd jeopordize not only that franchise but maybe the entire league... plus hes past his prime. juice =/= squeeze

Edited by BillsShredder83

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

I don't understand why these players act this way. I get it that some of them grew up in tough conditions but once you have made it as a professional athlete then "grow up". They can lead a lifestyle that most of us can only dream about. Why throw it all away doing stupid s***.

I wouldn’t call someone in their mid-20s “grown up”. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The issue with Mixon’s video knocking that girl out is that it was while he was in college.  NFL currently can’t discipline players that did something prior to being employed by the NFL.  Tyreek Hill was another guy who saw his draft stock fall but still got drafted despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend.  

Not saying I agree with the rule, because I don’t.  But until that rule changes, which I doubt the collective bargaining agreement would allow that change, it’s just the sad fact of the NFL.

Teams could choose to just not draft or sign them, but sadly there is always going to be teams that will take the chance when it’s a talented prospect.  Which is why POS like Mixon and Hill still get drafted.  

If the NFL is intent on giving kids a second chance to grow from their mistakes, then a better way to handle this would be to strip them of their NFL eligibility for at least a year (or even 2 years) where they have to do things like reform classes and complete them before they can apply for eligibility again.  And even then, they would not be allowed back in the draft and would have to enter the supplemental draft or get signed as an UDFA.  

This gives kids a chance to learn from their mistakes still while also making the path to the NFL much harder and longer for those who screw up to where they need to earn it.

I think the legal system should handle legal issues. I don't think everyone's employer needs to function as a separate wing of government to provide additional punishments.  If the law thinks Mixon and Hill should be in prison, then they aren't available to play in the NFL.  If the law says they are entitled to be a liberty, then let them do their jobs. 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think the legal system should handle legal issues. I don't think everyone's employer needs to function as a separate wing of government to provide additional punishments.  If the law thinks Mixon and Hill should be in prison, then they aren't available to play in the NFL.  If the law says they are entitled to be a liberty, then let them do their jobs. 

so codes of conduct should not exist for schools, universities or employers? 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

That’s not how the real world works.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Why should a very public company have to keep a guy like this if they no longer want him representing their brand?

On 3/7/2023 at 9:22 AM, JerseyBills said:

Serious question- since many were saying they wanted to get better by any means and stop putting so much emphasis on character,  would you take Mixon at a reasonable price in a hypothetical situation?

No to Mixon but if Bill suddenly became available. I would offer him a blank check and kick McDermott to the curb ASAP if I were Terry Pegula.

• Haha (+1) 1

Criminal or just batschitt  crazy. Stories like this just don't seem to make any sense at all to me.  Itchy trigger finger much? 

And a good thing the shooter has bad aim Holy cow 15 shots is a Lot of shots just sayin'

Joe Mixon? He's a no class punk as far as Im concerned. Wether he was there or not he associates with someone who would shoot a gun freaking 15 times at kids.

Even if Mixon wasn't home it is not a good look. 

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Where are we going? To Joe Mixon's house to see why someone isn't in jail yet for a shooting that put a kid in the hospital?

The NFL and others will bury this. Can’t have a prominent player involved in a shooting of a child…. Complete insanity and corruption. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, T master said:

Another upstanding NFL player involved in a fracas that one might consider just another piece of his storied history .

this will end up as one of those stories where something tragic finally happens and it will be said by half that "we never saw it coming" while the other half says "why did it get this far?"

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why should a very public company have to keep a guy like this if they no longer want him representing their brand?

They don't have to. NFL teams can cut whoever they want. Cut him or keep him.   Both are fine.  Extra legal proceedings like fines and suspensions for activities prior to joining the NFL is what I was specifically referring to. 

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They don't have to. NFL teams can cut whoever they want. Cut him or keep him.   Both are fine.  Extra legal proceedings like fines and suspensions for activities prior to joining the NFL is what I was specifically referring to. 

Well, Mixon faced none of that and here we are.

The other poster was talking about not allowing them to eligible to be drafted (or signed undrafted, I assume).  They are clearly in their rights to do that also.  Just because the law doesn't lock up a player who knocks out a woman (on camera) doesn't mean he "should be able to do his job" in the NFL simply because he wants to and is available.  Until a contract is signed, a rookie doesn't have a job to do...

Employer should be able to place any restrictions to hiring that they want--as long as they are not discriminating against a protected class.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, Mixon faced none of that and here we are.

The other poster was talking about not allowing them to eligible to be drafted (or signed undrafted, I assume).  They are clearly in their rights to do that also.  Just because the law doesn't lock up a player who knocks out a woman (on camera) doesn't mean he "should be able to do his job" in the NFL simply because he wants to and is available.  Until a contract is signed, a rookie doesn't have a job to do...

Employer should be able to place any restrictions to hiring that they want--as long as they are not discriminating against a protected class.

That other poster is me, and you are right, that’s what I said.  I posted that they should lose draft eligibility for 1 or even 2 years where to reapply for eligibility they would have to enter and complete reform classes before reapplying.  Once approved and eligible, they can enter the Supplemental Draft first, then if not drafted they would be eligible to sign as an UDFA.  

The NFL can’t currently apply discipline to a player once they are employed by the NFL for things that happened before they were employed by the NFL.  BUT they can decide who is eligible to be in the NFL and establish eligibility standards that must be met to enter the draft.  Which they already do in a number of ways, so this would be easy for the NFL to do and it’s a joke that they don’t already do it.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.