Shooting at Joe Mixon’s house(s)

BringBackFergy

I don't understand why these players act this way. I get it that some of them grew up in tough conditions but once you have made it as a professional athlete then "grow up". They can lead a lifestyle that most of us can only dream about. Why throw it all away doing stupid s***.

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't understand why these players act this way. I get it that some of them grew up in tough conditions but once you have made it as a professional athlete then "grow up". They can lead a lifestyle that most of us can only dream about. Why throw it all away doing stupid s***.

Money only makes the situation worse.  

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Serious question- since many were saying they wanted to get better by any means and stop putting so much emphasis on character,  would you take Mixon at a reasonable price in a hypothetical situation?

no.

56 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

she hit her head on the table?

...and this punk is still in the league. nfl is full of thugs

He never should have been drafted. 

Pure scum, thug, criminal who is destined to spend time in prison. 

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

People with low IQs really aren't cognitively able to learn from the past or think about future consequences. They can only live in the present.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, krf139 said:

The NFL and Bengals are complicit in this for failing to adequately address Mixon’s past behavior. Absolutely disgusting to read 

Exactly what I was thinking. Typical that when someone consistently is given a pass for behaviors that continue to take it up a notch because they dont think rules apply to them. 

There are conflicting reports on whether or not Mixon was actually involved.  If he is, then he will be done in the league forever and will be facing jail time.  So I could see how people close to him might be trying to cover for his sorry ass.  This is going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.  

There is a cell video on Twitter that claims it was outside his house where you can’t see him (it’s night and too dark) but cell phone picks up the gun shot sounds and it was like 10 gunshots.  If that is a legit video, firing 10 shots at an unarmed minor and striking him in the leg is going to result in some significant jail time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are conflicting reports on whether or not Mixon was actually involved.  If he is, then he will be done in the league forever and will be facing jail time.  So I could see how people close to him might be trying to cover for his sorry ass.  This is going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.  

There is a cell video on Twitter that claims it was outside his house where you can’t see him (it’s night and too dark) but cell phone picks up the gun shot sounds and it was like 10 gunshots.  If that is a legit video, firing 10 shots at an unarmed minor and striking him in the leg is going to result in some significant jail time.

This reminds me of the time Talib's mother took the rap for Aqib for that shooting in FL a decade or so ago.

Have to protect the money maker in the family

• Like (+1) 1

The issue with Mixon’s video knocking that girl out is that it was while he was in college.  NFL currently can’t discipline players that did something prior to being employed by the NFL.  Tyreek Hill was another guy who saw his draft stock fall but still got drafted despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend.  

Not saying I agree with the rule, because I don’t.  But until that rule changes, which I doubt the collective bargaining agreement would allow that change, it’s just the sad fact of the NFL.

Teams could choose to just not draft or sign them, but sadly there is always going to be teams that will take the chance when it’s a talented prospect.  Which is why POS like Mixon and Hill still get drafted.  

If the NFL is intent on giving kids a second chance to grow from their mistakes, then a better way to handle this would be to strip them of their NFL eligibility for at least a year (or even 2 years) where they have to do things like reform classes and complete them before they can apply for eligibility again.  And even then, they would not be allowed back in the draft and would have to enter the supplemental draft or get signed as an UDFA.  

This gives kids a chance to learn from their mistakes still while also making the path to the NFL much harder and longer for those who screw up to where they need to earn it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.