Report: Dolphins exploring “moving on” from Tua

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, MJS said:

First they ruin his career by letting him (maybe encouraging him) to play through concussions, then they cut him off once he is damaged goods.

The Dolphins are a ruthless organization. They clearly do not have the best interest of their players in mind.

Something tells me if this was true we would've seen Tua in the playoffs.  The NFLPA player survey had the organization ranked 2nd in the league in terms of treatment.  Darn you for making me defend the Dolphins.  I don't trust Ross though and I especially didn't like Flores.  The way he put Fitzpatrick in to relieve Tua was embarrassing and not how you develop a young QB you spent significant draft capital on.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Miami going after Lamar if they get rid of Tua? 

They have no cap space for what Jackson wants. Same with Rodgers if doesn't want to take a drastic pay cut.

----------

On the Dolphins forum, most are calling this report bogus.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Despite the fact that he plays for the hated Fins, Tua is a good man but looks too fragile and unable to take care of himself on the field. Part of me wishes he would retire to protect himself. To use a cliche, there is more to life than football. 

I don't often take a stance early and then refuse to move off it...but with Tua I have always thought he's too small, too fragile, too unable to absorb the commonplace contact of NFL violence. And his arm lacks the strength to drive the ball downfield against top defenses unless his platform is PERFECT. 

Even when Tua was lighting up mediocre/bad defenses, we should have all been unwavering in our concern for the man's safety out there. He's like a smaller, less athletic RG3. For some reason or another, that guy also just got blown up on hits that didn't necessarily warrant such loss of control. Rob Johnson was that way. Seemed to maximize, rather than minimize, the damage he sustained on fairly commonplace hits. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Something tells me if this was true we would've seen Tua in the playoffs.  The NFLPA player survey had the organization ranked 2nd in the league in terms of treatment.  Darn you for making me defend the Dolphins.  I don't trust Ross though and I especially didn't like Flores.  The way he put Fitzpatrick in to relieve Tua was embarrassing and not how you develop a young QB you spent significant draft capital on.

Tua and his health were clearly mismanaged.

• Agree 2

Yeh this ain’t happening they have no room for 50 mill plus qb much less the compensation the Ravens want for Lamar. Oh I see the report is from Josina Anderson who literally maybe the least accurate report in the business so nevermind. BTW this doesn’t even mesh what Mike McDaniel was telling Rich Eisen at the combine about Tua yesterday. 

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Generally speaking, I agree.

However, it will depend on who Miami gets to replace Tua. For example, Aaron Rodgers with those WRs seemingly would be scary. 

Are they getting all word Quarterback Aaron? Or crystal gazing, can't be arsed Aaron?

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Are they getting all word Quarterback Aaron? Or crystal gazing, can't be arsed Aaron?

I'm no fan of Rodgers. I think he's likely on the decline. Mentally, I'm not sure how heart and mind is all in on playing football. 50 mil a year is a nice reward to keep playing. 

With that said, half a Rodgers is still better than what the Jets have. Probably, just as good or better than a limited and injury prone Tua. 

man i feel bad for tua.

the organization treats him like a dirty ***** of sorts.

they throw him out there when hes at risk of suffering from a coma.

then they have the audacity, year after year, to say they want to move on from him.

tua is low key a pretty stand up dude to take this crap time and time again.

or maybe his memory is really ***** from all the concussions. ignorance is bliss.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe the target is a draft pick - get that rookie QB surrounded by that talent.  

My guess is Richardson.   

I don’t think they have the draft picks to move up. Their first pick is in the 50s

If true, can they afford Lamar.

Edited by Buffalo Dude

10 hours ago, Success said:

The division looks a LOT easier if Tua is on another team, the Jets are still trying to figure out their situation, and Mac Jones is still floating passes for the Pats.

or you could have both Lamar and Carr / Rodgers in your division in a couple weeks.   

at least Carr to the Jets is a no brainer and phins owner has shown he will do anything to get a top QB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.