Potential Number 1 pick Jalen Carter Arrest Warrant

CountDorkula

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The girl he was racing had the 0.197 BAC level was involved in the crash that killed the football player and herself.

The bad thing that he did was leave the scene of the crime and came back 2 hours later.

Perhaps if he stayed he could have rendered some type of aid to the crash victims.

He very likely knew that if he stayed, he would be charged with DUI. Ignoring the morality of it, legally, when all the sentences are handed out, it may work out better for him having left. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane....hit the gas and talk trash with the windows down to your buddy in the next car.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

This is why when I hear stories about this, even as bad as it is, I get more heartbroken than angry.  Someone died that shouldn't and someone made a terrible a mistake.  A mistake I've made and several others but we were lucky.  

I obviously don't do it anymore, people (most) mature and understand reality.  20 year old make stupid mistakes because they don't understand the reality yet.

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LEBills said:

Chiefs and Bengals 👋

Heck, the Browns might even trade up to get him now.   😋

I drove stupidly fast to keep up with a friend on a straight empty road once in my life. It was one time too many (and it was nowhere near those speeds). I was a passenger with two different guys who took off like that hitting about 100 while I protested. One I literally never got in a car with again, and the other it was years before I’d let him drive again. 

It’s a stupid thing to do, so I had to find different stupid things to do. Things with lesser potential consequences. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

For you non-racers and weavers, I’ve never felt adrenaline like smashing the gas in my 68 Camaro and whooping a 67 Camaro down a known street ‘drag strip’. Dozens were there to watch. Just a different rush. Alls I’m saying. 

and if your were drunk, and crashed and someone died, your life would have likely been ruined. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Heck, the Browns might even trade up to get him now.   😋

I drove stupidly fast to keep up with a friend on a straight empty road once in my life. It was one time too many (and it was nowhere near those speeds). I was a passenger with two different guys who took off like that hitting about 100 while I protested. One I literally never got in a car with again, and the other it was years before I’d let him drive again. 

It’s a stupid thing to do, so I had to find different stupid things to do. Things with lesser potential consequences. 

Augie, something tells me you hit 75 mph in a 65 mph zone...:wub:

21 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Augie, something tells me you hit 75 mph in a 65 mph zone...:wub:

Funny you say that! I probably just had my permit at the time, and the head of traffic for Amherst told my class they will never pull you over for less than 10 over. In 30 some years he’d only seen it twice, and both times they just wanted to pull them over for any old reason. Is that wise to tell a bunch of 16 year old kids? 

I was a bit over 75, and it was a bit under 65. But it was wide, empty streets with 5 lanes. That’s all you’ll get out of me!  

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

For you non-racers and weavers, I’ve never felt adrenaline like smashing the gas in my 68 Camaro and whooping a 67 Camaro down a known street ‘drag strip’. Dozens were there to watch. Just a different rush. Alls I’m saying. 

Try getting on a superbike, like an R1 or ZX-10 or GSXR-1000 and going WOT from 0 to 180mph in about 20 seconds. Now THAT is adrenaline rush! We always used to say that it was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. LOL

Sadly, for me, it looks like those days are over, as at this moment, I'm bikeless.

I do remember one night in the late 70s going back home to the southtowns after a Saturday night at Ohio St, hitting 130mph in my 69 Dodge Charger on the thruway (late at night, no cars in front of me for a good distance...didn’t "blow by" anybody). Took a little while to get it up there though, as that car was pretty much a heavy sled. Good times...😃

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

Do you all know what a Jeep Trackhawk is is exactly ?Much less how much they cost. vs a ford expedition.

This kids was driving a super SUV with 700HP if not modified. they get to 1100HP with a tune.
No one was going to come close to keeping up. not even Lambos etc
 Kids being kids ? With 100k car vs a 250 horse car with NO handling or braking upgrades is inviting disaster.
He should never have pushed the "Hey lets Race" button knowing what might happen to the expedition.

Trackhawk, how does a kid get one of these.

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Try getting on a superbike, like an R1 or ZX-10 or GSXR-1000 and going WOT from 0 to 180mph in about 20 seconds. Now THAT is adrenaline rush! We always used to say that it was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. LOL

Sadly, for me, it looks like those days are over, as at this moment, I'm bikeless.

I do remember one night in the late 70s going back home to the southtowns after a Saturday night at Ohio St, hitting 130mph in my 69 Dodge Charger on the thruway (late at night, no cars in front of me for a good distance...didn’t "blow by" anybody). Took a little while to get it up there though, as that car was pretty much a heavy sled. Good times...😃

any body die ?

These are probably the slowest cars on the team. Begs the question, is it a good idea for 18-21 yr olds to be paid NIL deals and given free cars? Are they mature enough to have some of these faster cars as their first car? Seems like a bad idea

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

These are probably the slowest cars on the team. Begs the question, is it a good idea for 18-21 yr olds to be paid NIL deals and given free cars? Are they mature enough to have some of these faster cars as their first car? Seems like a bad idea

What if he’s a golf or tennis prodigy? Or a software savant? If they are 18 what is to be done about it? 

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We just always competed.  Something random like we would be leaving a restaurant and someone would say "last ones get the second game of Madden".

So we all ran to the cars get and go.  This is the mind of a 17 year old.  It wasn't every single time....just random times we wanted to be stupid.  I got one speeding ticket in HS. 

It wasn't just driving we would compete at.

its fine in your Moms 225CI 73 Duster or My parents 244 Volvo that both took about an hour to hit sixty and no one was around to see the embarassing fun. Yes we raced everything

1st time I owned a v8 , 318 dodge dart i almost killed myself and learned to respect automobiles much more and quickly. and that hardly compares to today speed merchants

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

What if he’s a golf or tennis prodigy? Or a software savant? If they are 18 what is to be done about it? 

I don't think 16 year olds should drive at all and 18 year olds should not have Ferraris. Your brain isn't fully developed until 25 and you can't rent a car until that age

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

any body die ?

40+ years of going really fast and thankfully, none of my speed addicted friends have "bought the farm." And obviously, I'm still here. Lots of skill, and of course, some luck too, was involved. LMAO

I mean, getting on a litre bike and going WOT (wide open throttle) up to 160-180 mph is about as exhilarating as life can get. Don't knock it until you try it! 😉 Of course you have to be VERY selective as to when and where you can even do that (if you're not at a sanctioned track).

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't think 16 year olds should drive at all and 18 year olds should not have Ferraris. Your brain isn't fully developed until 25 and you can't rent a car until that age

Nobody knows the bold better than I do, but what exactly are you going to do about it. Enact a new law? If they have the money, and are of legal age, there is nothing you can do about it. Other than tell them to get off your lawn, I suppose. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane....hit the gas and talk trash with the windows down to your buddy in the next car.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

This is why when I hear stories about this, even as bad as it is, I get more heartbroken than angry.  Someone died that shouldn't and someone made a terrible a mistake.  A mistake I've made and several others but we were lucky.  

I obviously don't do it anymore, people (most) mature and understand reality.  20 year old make stupid mistakes because they don't understand the reality yet.

So your point is what?....

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

My point . 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

40+ years of going really fast and thankfully, none of my speed addicted friends have "bought the farm." And obviously, I'm still here. Lots of skill, and of course, some luck too, was involved. LMAO

I mean, getting on a litre bike and going WOT (wide open throttle) up to 160-180 mph is about as exhilarating as life can get. Don't knock it until you try it! 😉 Of course you have to be VERY selective as to when and where you can even do that (if you're not at a sanctioned track).

It takes great skill and respect of what you are responsible for.
btw

Done that

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nobody knows the bold better than I do, but what exactly are you going to do about it. Enact a new law? If they have the money, and are of legal age, there is nothing you can do about it. Other than tell them to get off your lawn, I suppose. 

Oh so if you're under 25 at a party and you pants some chick out back, it's ah well......?

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

GIF by Giphy QA

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Oh so if you're under 25 at a party and you pants some chick out back, it's ah well......?

WHAT? If you do something wrong, you pay the price regardless of age or financial status. He was saying 16 year olds shouldn’t drive, and 18 year olds shouldn’t have expensive sports cars. What if they earned it? Who should tell them how they can spend it? He didn’t think paying these football players was a good idea, but in other sports they can have enormous contracts. The best 18 year old golfer or tennis can make millions without any questions. 

Edited by Augie

35 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I passed my bros going back to Vegas across the Hoover dam and ended up getting a chopper lift to a hospital. I wish I could take that stupidity back.

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would honestly love to see a truth poll of people who have sped and drove recklessly. 

I'm a car enthusiast and have been around motorsports my entire life.  

I consider myself lucky at age 39 because I did some truly stupid ***** age 16-23.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, nosejob said:

I passed my bros going back to Vegas across the Hoover dam and ended up getting a chopper lift to a hospital. I wish I could take that stupidity back.

I hope you’re OK, but that brings up a pet peeve. Yes, everybody needs to look out for people on motorcycles, including the people on motorcycles. The bumper stickers annoy me as some clown is weaving across lanes at 80 mph. 

Mini-rant over. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not anymore…, 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Funny you say that! I probably just had my permit at the time, and the head of traffic for Amherst told my class they will never pull you over for less than 10 over. In 30 some years he’d only seen it twice, and both times they just wanted to pull them over for any old reason. Is that wise to tell a bunch of 16 year old kids? 

I was a bit over 75, and it was a bit under 65. But it was wide, empty streets with 5 lanes. That’s all you’ll get out of me!  

Wow, well when we moved to Allegany we were going through Franklinville (RT 16) ...GPS said 35 mph limit so that's what I'm going, so when I get pulled over I ask the bastard what the speed limit was. He says oh it's 30 mph and writes me a ticket as I show him the GPS and explain to him we literally are driving to our new house and don't the area, also brought up the lack of speed limit signs...that B word says "welcome to town and next time slow down"...

I could tell we wouldn't live in that shithole for very long:lol:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

image.png.89933d6b71d3bffcdb3f9d7c548cf804.png

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Do you all know what a Jeep Trackhawk is is exactly ?Much less how much they cost. vs a ford expedition.

This kids was driving a super SUV with 700HP if not modified. they get to 1100HP with a tune.
No one was going to come close to keeping up. not even Lambos etc
 Kids being kids ? With 100k car vs a 250 horse car with NO handling or braking upgrades is inviting disaster.
He should never have pushed the "Hey lets Race" button knowing what might happen to the expedition.

Trackhawk, how does a kid get one of these.

any body die ?

Plus he had to know his friend driving the Explorer was tanked.  Plus he lied to the cops about everything afterwards. Plus he left the scene of the accident.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Plus he had to know his friend driving the Explorer was tanked.  Plus he lied to the cops about everything afterwards. Plus he left the scene of the accident.

Yes and they should be prosecuted at the full extent for whatever they're guilty of.  

When I say I feel for them, I don't mean they should get away with this.  

Nothing has changed with kids and their stupid driving.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes and they should be prosecuted at the full extent for whatever they're guilty of.  

When I say I feel for them, I don't mean they should get away with this.  

Nothing has changed with kids and their stupid driving.  

It's not they (she's dead), it's him.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Wow, well when we moved to Allegany we were going through Franklinville (RT 16) ...GPS said 35 mph limit so that's what I'm going, so when I get pulled over I ask the bastard what the speed limit was. He says oh it's 30 mph and writes me a ticket as I show him the GPS and explain to him we literally are driving to our new house and don't the area, also brought up the lack of speed limit signs...that B word says "welcome to town and next time slow down"...

I could tell we wouldn't live in that shithole for very long:lol:

Franklinville is like Kenmore. Youre getting a ticket for going 1 mph over.

• Haha (+1) 1

misdemeanors meaning fines no jail time likely at worst.

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Franklinville is like Kenmore. Youre getting a ticket for going 1 mph over.

That used to be Depew...at one point when I was growing up Depew gave out the most speeding tickets per capita in the US...my friends father had an office there and he actually DID get pulled over for going 1 over the speed limit and given a ticket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Sad.  Who the hell races an Expedition and Trackhawk?  Stupid and sad.

my thought also.  1.   it stupid to race cars that could be raced (Nissan Z, etc.); and 2.  racing an Expedition and a Trailhawk is just asking for additional trouble. 

if you want to race cars, go to a track.  A public street is not the place for that.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

my thought also.  1.   it stupid to race cars that could be raced (Nissan Z, etc.); and 2.  racing an Expedition and a Trailhawk is just asking for additional trouble. 

if you want to race cars, go to a track.  A public street is not the place for that.   

Exactly.  I have an M240, its fast as hell.  I've never raced anybody on the streets in 5 years of owning it.  I have, however, took it up to 120 on the highway during the day without another car in sight (thank you 990).  It could have easily kept going, but that was plenty enough for me on a public highway.

Edited by Mark80

On 3/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Thank you. i fully expect consistent pearl clutching here.... stupid decisions, but no doubt something most HS, college, and adult guys have done... but he didnt "kill his teammate". hes going to have a big fine, and carry this for life mentally, sad for all parties involved. white kid does this and its the good ol boy routine, black kd does it and im reading "thug" all over twitter. im so against the way race card gets thrown around now, its lost all meaning, but this fits it to a T

I don't think that this is a racial issue. Two people were killed.  Btw, did those deceased happen to be black? 

The entire incident is horrible and regrettable regardless of color.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I clicked the laugh button because of the spot on Stripes meme.  I would have clicked it 100x if possible.

Based on the meme and the sentence you typed other buttons I would have clicked if multiple buttons were allowed:

Lombardi button

Thumbs up button

Beer mug button

Checkmark button

Not bad for a Pats fan button

And probably more.  You summed up the whole thread nicely without being verbose.  Well done.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, nosejob said:

reality can bite ya. Age brings wisdom learned , and sometimes the very hard way. How did your friends take that nasty accident  I really wonder?

If only we could relay that to those Damned Kids that some risks have different values than others.
and can affect the innocent of even semi innocent.

what irks me that this is a misdemeanor charge when someone was killed.
And i am not sure the kid who lied about what happened has learned anything at all.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wanted to include your post in my opinion bit .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.