Potential Number 1 pick Jalen Carter Arrest Warrant

CountDorkula

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Thank you. i fully expect consistent pearl clutching here.... stupid decisions, but no doubt something most HS, college, and adult guys have done... but he didnt "kill his teammate". hes going to have a big fine, and carry this for life mentally, sad for all parties involved. white kid does this and its the good ol boy routine, black kd does it and im reading "thug" all over twitter. im so against the way race card gets thrown around now, its lost all meaning, but this fits it to a T

I will put it out there.  I think you are confusing "most guys" with "the guys I know" and "Pearl clutching" with people being appalled at behavior that puts innocents at high risk, and at normalizing this behavior as something "most adult guys" have done.

You're correct, he didn't kill his teammate.  The other driver - a white woman, by the way - killed his teammate and herself, so I'm not sure exactly where your "white kid does this and good ol boy routine" gets off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He'll get drafted, just in the third round. Cincinnati will still take him. They will talk a lot about draft value and then turn it into an "us against the world" issue after he's on the team. This is, after all, an ownership group that signed (and then resigned) Pacman Jones AFTER the strip club incidents. Then when he stalked a women in a hotel, punched a cop and spit in the face of a nurse at the county jail, they defended them and still played him on Sunday. There is no such thing as a "bridge too far" for Mike Brown. 

Pulled from a blog:

OCGA Sec. 40-6-393 allows for a driver to be charged with vehicular homicide if he "causes the death of another person"

VH is a misdemeanor if the death is caused by what I'll call a "normal" moving violation, e.g. speeding or running a stop sign.

When the predicate offense is a more serious one such as racing or reckless driving (or if someone leaves the scene), it's a felony.

What this means: a prosecutor could decide to indict Carter for two counts of felony vehicular homicide and he could face up to 15 years per count.

This is not to say that is what will happen - the charges were referred to the solicitor who handles misdemeanors, but the solicitor could very well refer the charges up the ladder to the DA.

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Thank you. i fully expect consistent pearl clutching here.... stupid decisions, but no doubt something most HS, college, and adult guys have done... but he didnt "kill his teammate". hes going to have a big fine, and carry this for life mentally, sad for all parties involved. white kid does this and its the good ol boy routine, black kd does it and im reading "thug" all over twitter. im so against the way race card gets thrown around now, its lost all meaning, but this fits it to a T

Well said. Mac Jones is slowly nodding his head 

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I will put it out there.  I think you are confusing "most guys" with "the guys I know" and "Pearl clutching" with people being appalled at behavior that puts innocents at high risk, and at normalizing this behavior as something "most adult guys" have done.

You're correct, he didn't kill his teammate.  The other driver - a white woman, by the way - killed his teammate and herself, so I'm not sure exactly where your "white kid does this and good ol boy routine" gets off.

I would honestly love to see a truth poll of people who have sped and drove recklessly. 

24 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I've done the same thing too, but that's not what Carter was (allegedly) doing. Going 100+ down a long empty road and going 100+ through an area with other cars on the road and likely people on the sidewalks are 2 completely different things. 

I doubt that there are sidewalks in that particular area, but otherwise, Thank You. 

This.

This was not a long empty straight deserted country road.

There were other cars on the road, a road busy enough to have a center turn lane, and they were passing them.

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've done it more than on long empty roads.  I've done it in the city.  I never got it up to 100 mph in the city but in the 55 mph sections at 2:00 am....we would hit 90 mph driving home.  

I've done it several times not on long country roads.

One spot in particular I know is known for it.  It's 55 mph and people will race down at 2:00 am.

Then I don't even know what to say to you. 

Yes I do - you were an ####### when you did it, you were putting innocent bystanders at almost as much risk as if you were twirling around shooting a gun, and you really need to quit normalizing this as something just "everybody does".

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/teen-volleyball-player-from-tennessee-critically-injured-in-downtown-st-louis-crash/

This kind of thing.  There's a young lady - a young lady who entered the weekend with a full ride volleyball scholarship to college - who just lost both her legs and whose life will never be the same (if she lives) because #######s think that traffic laws don't apply to them.  The driver and the other car are fine, of course -the car and its engineering protected them, but not the young lady who was walking down the sidewalk minding her own business.

You did it, you don't do it now, Good for You, but don't normalize it. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m a great guy. I was being humble! 😉

I’m also honest. Did a lot of regrettable things, especially when I was younger, like speeding and worse. I got lucky that things didn’t end up worse. Looking back it was pretty stupid but I would be a total hypocrite to crush this guy. 

Agree'd if the kids today did some of the things we did or i did specifically living in a very small country community there are probably a lot of people here that would have spent time in jail & i am very grateful that my lets say youth decision making didn't wind up hurting any one while in the process of certain actions .

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

DUI and someone died? Bye-bye NFL career 

He didn't get a DUI and he wasn't in an accident.  The car he was racing was in an accident, and they were far over the legal limit.  You don't have a toxicology report so you can't charge him with a DUI, and stretching it to anything beyond reckless driving is challenging since you know the other driver was inebriated and driving recklessly.  

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would honestly love to see a truth poll of people who have sped and drove recklessly. 

I have sped,and driven recklessly, but not 1) in a populated area 2) while under the influence of alcohol.   It's one thing to die or risk turning into a vegetable for your own kicks, and another to risk inflicting that on someone else.

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

DUI and someone died? Bye-bye NFL career 

No DUI, car he was driving was not in an accident

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

a lot of judgement going on in this thread.

What's Your Point?

Edited by Beck Water

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Good grief

I get what you're saying about teenage/early 20s "invincible" thinking and testosterone-fueled pursuit of the "danger zone"

But Barnett State Road just outside Athens is not a deserted straight long country road.  It's suburban, heading into another town, where the crash occurred.  It has a center turn lane (which they were reported to be using) and they were reported to be passing other motorists.

You're thinking like a mature adult, not a young early-20's kid whose brain hasn't fully matured. 😅

Edited by chongli

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

Donte Stallworth was allowed back in the league.  Cooperating with authorities and showing remorse seemed to help him.  

I heard on XM that Carter did none of the above and actually lied to police…..or is being accused of such.  I have not seen that written yet though.

1 minute ago, chongli said:

You're thinking like a mature adult, not a young early-20's kid. 😅

We seem to be infantalizing early-20s kids these days and acting as though that's the norm. 

If we're gonna go all "meta" here: maybe that should stop.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well, I was pointing out that THERE is a lot of JUDGEMENT going on in this THREAD.

wasn't clear enough for you or did it hit a soft spot?

I mean, Durrrr, but is that supposed to be a problem or something?  Or does it hit a "soft spot" in you?  In other words, What's Your Point?

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Meh, terrible outcome but what do you think young boys who all of a sudden have money for sport cars are gonna do. 

Hit him with a misdemeanor and let’s move along.  

How many people waited it line at the wake, made it up to the family and said: Meh, terrible outcome. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

We seem to be infantalizing early-20s kids these days and acting as though that's the norm. 

If we're gonna go all "meta" here: maybe that should stop.

The brain doesn't fully mature until 25 or so, per scientific reports:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621648/#:~:text=The development and maturation of the prefrontal cortex occurs primarily,helps accomplish executive brain functions.

Also, what is "meta"?

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.