Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

Now we’ll see if Beane can make a move to improve our defense. “Bend don’t break “ has been the mantra in the Frazier era. Now with the potential loss of two productive starters, Poyer and Edmunds, we are in danger of taking a step back unless personnel moves and a new coaching philosophy are meaningful. Please no more Carolina retreads.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread is sad. Never seen a classy guy who  constantly had a top 10 unit get so much hate. 

celebrating a good guy not doing the thing he loves to do (and not knowing the reason) seems like very bad mojo. 

“Classy” and “likable” mean nothing in sports if the job isn’t getting done. It’s a cutthroat industry, all that matters is results. If Frazier was a total d*ck, but called a defense that played above the talent he had on the field. No one would care. 

McD has now parted ways with both of his initial coordinators. Our HC is classy and likable as well, but if the Bills don’t show progress, guess who’s next on the chopping block?

• Like (+1) 2

Well it seems as if Frazier may be on here and reads how much the Bills Mafia B**CH's about him so he''s taking a year off to clear his head & let those fans B**CH about someone or something else as far as the D goes .

It will be interesting to see what happens this will either prove 1 of 2 things that Frazier calling of the game was better than the fans here ever would give him credit for & the drop off this season will be noticeable .

Or the D will stay the same & be almost as good as it has been which will give those here that complain a "See I Told You SO" moment .

• Like (+1) 1

For me, this is a positive if we can focus on these key components:

1. Continue to keep the same core defensive principles and scheme that has resulted in consistently strong regular-season defenses.  "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"
  2. Be able to PROACTIVELY prepare and respond to how playoff opponents with strong coaching staffs might plan to attack you.  When 72,000 fans in the stands can see that the problem is not having your DB's playing 10 yards off, that's an issue
  3. Have someone on the sidelines with some fire in their belly - who can ATTACK when needed, and get the players focused and fired up.  Nothing bothered me more than seeing Frazier stand there with no expression like Jauron 2.0
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread is sad. Never seen a classy guy who  constantly had a top 10 unit get so much hate

celebrating a good guy not doing the thing he loves to do (and not knowing the reason) seems like very bad mojo. 

I haven't seen anyone giving "hate", although I haven't read the entire thread...but from what I have seen is posts stating while they acknowledge the fact of a top 10 regular season, post season not so much. 

If that's what you would consider "getting hate", then I just don't see it

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

"Since 2017, the Bills have allowed an average of 20 points per game (3rd in the NFL over that span), 315 total yards per game (1st), 202 passing yards per game (1st), 107 passing touchdowns (1st), have racked up 99 interceptions (2nd) and 158 takeaways (2nd)."

Imagine being upset about this.

He was/is a great regular season DC. 

53 minutes ago, Beast said:

He had his moments. He frustrated Lamar Jackson. The defense rose to the occasion at KC last season. It feasted on lesser opponents.

Unfortunately when I think of Frazier, and even McDermott, 13 seconds is at the forefront of my memories.

wuttttttt lol are you talking the reg season game that nobody cares about?

1 hour ago, harmonkillebrew said:

What quality DC is going to accept a job for one year??  This is an odd move. If they're serious that he'll be back in 2024 then they'll probably just look to fill his shoes from within.  This is so weird it’s almost dysfunctional. 

It’s certainly not one year away and he’s back. It’s a polite “thank you for your time” from a class organization with abundant patience.   Just as I see it

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Weird.. 

Doesn’t change anything probably but weird to take a year off 

It’s convenient and respectable way to move on. Much like a “mutual decision to part ways.” I’d be shocked if he wasn’t done in Buffalo.

Thanks and so long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.