Season Tickets going up 12%

spartan19

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Interesting Twitter thread. I had no idea the Patriots haven't raised prices since 2008. (But their prices have been obscenely high for tickets and parking!)

Its all in the wording.  Note that it says stadium wide price increase.  I will guarantee they have raised individual sections at times but haven't done an across the board raise like this year. 

Found it: https://news.yahoo.com/patriots-season-ticket-prices-increase-183742559.html

Check the last line.  Most sections have received at least 1 increase which again implies some have seen multiple.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For the one billionth time….the billionaire does NOT owe you a new stadium! 

Not me, no.  No one has made that argument.  Straw men don't exist.  No need to fury over them.

But no one owes a billionaire one either.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Just wait until the Bills publish the pricing for the PSLs for the new stadium - that will be fun.

I found the BN piece with the details, it was linked thru a ProFootballTalk article.  Here are the details in it, stripped from the text of the article that is:  

The personal seat license prices noted in the survey start at $500 for general seating – and reach as high as $16,500 for premium seating.

For the reserved section, which makes up the majority of the stadium seating, PSL prices in the survey ranged from $2,600 to $5,950 in the lower level, $1,750 to $7,300 in the mezzanine and $500 to $3,200 in the upper level.

The PSL price range in the survey for reserved seating started as low as $500 for a $900 seat located in the end zone on the upper level, and got as high as $7,300 for a $1,730 seat between the two 40-yard-lines in the mezzanine. Among the average reserved seating options in the survey was a $3,950 PSL for a $1,310 seat, which would be in the corner of the lower level.

For club seats, PSLs were as low as $6,250 for a $3,600 seat in the mezzanine between the 25- and 10-yard lines, and reached as high as $16,500 for a $3,500 seat on the lower level between the 40s.

Some of the other more economical potential options presented in the survey include $750 per seat and $950 per PSL in the end zone in the upper level, and $900 per seat and $1,400 per PSL between the 15-yard line and end zones in the upper level.

Meanwhile, the most expensive PSLs in the survey were in the club seats. They also included $11,200 for a $4,500 seat in the mezzanine between the 40s; $13,600 for a $4,700 seat on the lower level between the 40s; and $16,500 for a $3,500 seat on the lower level between the 40- and 25-yard lines.

Luxury suite costs will not include a personal seat license and ranged in price in the survey from $7,250 to $23,750 per seat for the 10-game home schedule, depending on the size and capacity of the box. 

Maybe that'll work, but it seems like a lot for Buffalo.  

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Anything to milk the little guy out of more money to pay for yachts and country club membership.

at least it’s for a complete non-necessity, unlike food and utilities which the little guy is being taken for a complete ride on recently as well.

May be nearing the end of my long term season ticket membership. Not sure I can keep up with the Joneses (Pegulas) anymore. Will be a sad day when I say no that one day in March. Was hoping to last until the new stadium, but that's looking more and more unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

This is not surprising, still like the cheapest in the league.  I live in NE, they have a similar situation with the Patriots.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/season-ticket-prices-have-increased.1160263/

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

For literally no reason 

The reason is "because they can"

Edited by Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

May be nearing the end of my long term season ticket membership. Not sure I can keep up with the Joneses (Pegulas) anymore. Will be a sad day when I say no that one day in March. Was hoping to last until the new stadium, but that's looking more and more unlikely. 

I hear ya.  I know I am 100% out once the new stadium opens but I was hoping to finish out the ride at the current stadium but I just don't know if it's going to be worth it if prices keep going up until then.  I am already on the fence about wanting to cancel for this upcoming season but will probably end up staying put for now.  If this was the last year or if there were only a couple years left at the current stadium I'm sure I would just say screw it and keep it going but I don't know if I have it in me to go through this for another 3 years.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

They more or less did with that "survey" that they put out.  It was reported that they did not get a great response.  

You can google the survey, but I just did, and one excerpt about the least expensive seat was this ... 

There was one article that had all the proposed prices for every section along with the PSLs, I couldn't find it.  I should have saved it.  

That seems to be about what I recall, but if that's the "cheap seats," I think that they're going to lose a lot of "cheap seat" STHs.  At 8 home games that's $124, at 9 home games that's $110, ... for the upper deck corners.  

IIRC the PSLs for the best seats approached $10k, south of that but close to it, again, the PSL alone.  I know that for some people here that's chump change, but are people going to pay that if Allen's no longer the QB and we suck again.  It'd be highly unlikely on us hitting another "Allen" when he's finished.  The upper deck center seats for sure were well over $200 apiece not including the PSLs.  

I do know that they were not getting that much, generally speaking, on the secondary market this season.  I was watching, that's how I got mine.  

IDK, just seems like a lot to me.  

The estimated PSL price for my two seats in Section 137 in the survey was $4,400.  If that holds, the effective price for the first season in the new stadium with the price increases today would be in the ballpark of $11, 400 - doubt I’m paying that.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I hear ya.  I know I am 100% out once the new stadium opens but I was hoping to finish out the ride at the current stadium but I just don't know if it's going to be worth it if prices keep going up until then.  I am already on the fence about wanting to cancel for this upcoming season but will probably end up staying put for now.  If this was the last year or if there were only a couple years left at the current stadium I'm sure I would just say screw it and keep it going but I don't know if I have it in me to go through this for another 3 years.  

I was so pissed after the Cincy game, I told the guys next to me that if Frazier is back next year I won't be. Actually is was during the game as we all left with about 7 mins left. I really wanna re-up but not sure if it will be worth it. I hate the March deadline, because it's before the Bills start making moves. They really need to have an A+ draft and make the right FA choices. So it's a crap shoot by signing back up in March. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Same.  I'm going to try to stay till the end of the stadium, but we'll see.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

The estimated PSL price for my two seats in Section 137 in the survey was $4,400.  If that holds, the effective price for the first season in the new stadium with the price increases today would be in the ballpark of $11, 400 - doubt I’m paying that.

Yeah, as I recall, that seemed to have been the consenus among posters here as well as elsewhere, ... generally speaking.  I know that some fans fly in from the west coast, Florida, etc. and have seasons, but that's nowhere near a majority of the fan base.  

Eh, we'll see what happens I guess.  As you suggest, I wouldn't pay that on principle, I'd rather take the family on a killer one-week vacation and still have thousands left over for watching the games at my convenience with fine food and drink catered to my chair side.  LOL 

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm heading for the exit after 19 years.   Getting out now with nothing but good memories, if I keep paying the increases those memories are going to turn bitter and I don't want that to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Row 46 here. On the 50. PM me. Maybe we can grab a beer, on gameday.

Will do for sure. Do you park in a private lot? I get parking passes and park in lot 1 every game. 

So you must sit right under Ken Dorsey then. I'm on like the 48 yard line.

Edited by Bubba Gump

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  That's how the secondary market works in every single NFL city.  You should look into it.

I know at least 10 people that doubled their money as a whole this season from re-selling their tickets.

Not sure what your response has anything to do with not raising the ticket prices here.  The Bills are in the bottom half of league in gate revenue.  The re-sell market is telling the Bills that people are willing to pay more for tickets to their game.  Therefore, they are raising ticket prices.  This isn't rocket science.  Not sure why you have such a condescending attitude.  

The Bills would love to have less season tickets and be able to sell more single game tickets.  Clearly the the out of towners will pay a lot more than a season ticket holder is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s correct. That’s why they negotiated an agreement that seems to have been palatable to just about everyone but you. 😉

yes.  Just me, plenty of posters here and  and 65% of polled Western NY (13 counties) voters, 68% of Upstate voters and 55% of downstate voters--all of whome were against this "negotiated" agreement. 

Billionaire: "before we get started,  i would like to make clear that, if I have to lay out a dollar of my own money for this stadium, I'm moving the team".

NYS:  "no problem".

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

i believe they will have payment plans from 1-5 years, with interest of course

27 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I know at least 10 people that doubled their money as a whole this season from re-selling their tickets.

Not sure what your response has anything to do with raising the ticket prices here.  The Bills are in the bottom half of league in gate revenue.  The re-sell market is telling the Bills that people are willing to pay more for tickets to their game.  Therefore, they are raising ticket prices.  This isn't rocket science.  Not sure why you have such a condescending attitude.  

The Bills would love to have less season tickets and be able to sell more single game tickets.  Clearly the the out of towners will pay a lot more than a season ticket holder is.

Not sure?

Buying season tickets to sell is a speculative move.  Depending on how the team is doing, you might make money or you may lose money--especially in December/January.  If the Bills raised season tickets to the price point the resale was getting in a particular year, many more fans would likely not buy season tickets--especially those who' intent is to sell them.  Also, there is nothing preventing the Bills form limiting the number of season tickets they sell. Simple.

Also, 16 teams are in the bottom half of the League in revenue by the way....good point! 

This isn't rocket science, no.

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i believe they will have payment plans from 1-5 years, with interest of course

When MetLife opened the Jets gave fans the option to pay the PSL fee in one shot, or over 5, 10, 15 years with interest of course. The Bills will work with the fans on this. They have to. Who really wants to pay or can afford to pay the PSL fee in one shot. They know a certain number of fans will be priced out. That is why the new stadium will hold around 60,000. Which is probably a good capacity for the Buffalo market at those prices.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

When MetLife opened the Jets gave fans the option to pay the PSL fee in one shot, or over 5, 10, 15 years with interest of course. The Bills will work with the fans on this. They have to. Who really wants to pay or can afford to pay the PSL fee in one shot. They know a certain number of fans will be priced out. That is why the new stadium will hold around 60,000. Which is probably a good capacity for the Buffalo market at those prices.

a 15 year loan for football tickets.....I'm older so I'm glad I had my fun going to games starting in late '60s. I wouldn't pay this for a football game

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes.  Just me, plenty of posters here and  and 65% of polled Western NY (13 counties) voters, 68% of Upstate voters and 55% of downstate voters--all of whome were against this "negotiated" agreement. 

Billionaire: "before we get started,  i would like to make clear that, if I have to lay out a dollar of my own money for this stadium, I'm moving the team".

NYS:  "no problem".

Solution: Don’t go the games, and don’t support the team. Other than that I don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Simple Math: If the billionaire pays for the entire stadium, then those few in attendance are going to have pay WAY more to sit in it. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

My thought yesterday as I listened to Ron Raccuia on GR was these guys are either high or know something i don't. So many of current STH, including me, saying i really am going to think long and hard about renewing in the new stadium.  Now i will say the vast majority of folks i talk to are out of town like me, which i think  factors in to it. If i do reup, will be so my kids have the tickets when i kick, and then they can choose to keep them or no.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

a 15 year loan for football tickets.....I'm older so I'm glad I had my fun going to games starting in late '60s. I wouldn't pay this for a football game

Some of the PSL fees at MetLife in the lower level start at $2,500 per seat and can go as high as $25,000 per seat. But the Jets and Giants have the NYC market to draw from. Corporations or the extremely wealthy can afford to pay that but the average person can't. Some of these prices are crazy for a PSL fee. Add in the fact that the regular cost for season tickets has also gone up. They have to spread out the payments over 5,10,15 years otherwise most people are priced out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure?

Buying season tickets to sell is a speculative move.  Depending on how the team is doing, you might make money or you may lose money--especially in December/January.  If the Bills raised season tickets to the price point the resale was getting in a particular year, many more fans would likely not buy season tickets--especially those who' intent is to sell them.  Also, there is nothing preventing the Bills form limiting the number of season tickets they sell. Simple.

Also, 16 teams are in the bottom half of the League in revenue by the way....good point! 

This isn't rocket science, no.

I mean there aren't limitless seats so there is something preventing them from the number of season tickets they sell.

Looks like it is rocket science to some.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Solution: Don’t go the games, and don’t support the team. Other than that I don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Simple Math: If the billionaire pays for the entire stadium, then those few in attendance are going to have pay WAY more to sit in it. 

Poor billionaire 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills have done this before during the ill-fated Toronto series. In years where there was one-fewer home game, they raised the per-ticket price, but what you paid for the package stayed the same from the previous year. Then the following year you package price would go up but the per-ticket price stayed the same.

wait til the new stadium pricing kicks in.....less seats, more revenue = significant price increase

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.