Why is Eric Bieniemy available as an OC?

Virgil

I remember hearing Eric's name in HC positions, but now I'm seeing that his contract is up and he's applying for other OC jobs.  My first point of thought would be, Reid calls all the plays and runs the show, so maybe he just wants to make a name for himself elsewhere.  However, is it not off that the Chiefs wouldn't try to keep him on the staff? 

For me, it's hard to not want someone who's been around Reid and the offensive game planning on our staff.  Whoever actually called the plays in the SB was the real MVP to me.  Outside of the first Kelce touchdown, Mahomes was throwing to wide open people.  

But yeah, anyone know why this guy is available?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

He seems to be stuck in the shadow of Reid/Mahomes and not given the credit he may (or may not) deserve. It makes sense that he laterals to another OC job to run an offense himself.

Also, at this point, one can assume he's not a good interview. 

Some off field stuff too.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

He seems to be stuck in the shadow of Reid/Mahomes and not given the credit he may (or may not) deserve. It makes sense that he laterals to another OC job to run an offense himself.

Also, at this point, one can assume he's not a good interview. 

I heard him last interviewed last night...........and he insisted on bringing up a point from the past where he had called Mahomes a "competitive prick" and then elaborating on what he meant by that. :doh:  

There has been lots of smoke for years about there being turmoil in KC and Bieniemy is not well liked by the players and other coaches.

He has also been interviewed many times for a HC position, and the rumors are that he interviews terribly.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. There is something about him that is blocking him from getting more opportunities. I don't think he will ever be a head coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I remember hearing Eric's name in HC positions, but now I'm seeing that his contract is up and he's applying for other OC jobs.  My first point of thought would be, Reid calls all the plays and runs the show, so maybe he just wants to make a name for himself elsewhere.  However, is it not off that the Chiefs wouldn't try to keep him on the staff? 

For me, it's hard to not want someone who's been around Reid and the offensive game planning on our staff.  Whoever actually called the plays in the SB was the real MVP to me.  Outside of the first Kelce touchdown, Mahomes was throwing to wide open people.  

He needs to call plays on his own before he can move up to HC. So that is why he wants to leave for a lateral move and be OC again.

Reid calls all the plays, and will continue to design, run, architect, and conduct the offense. So that is why the Chiefs dont care if Bieniemy moves on.

I think there is off-field information with EB that resembles a large, dirty iceberg that will get exposed and it'll put everyone involved in a poor light.  

I don't buy the "well that's Andy Reid's offense" jazz - NFL teams would take a shot on EB if legal would let them.  A guy who coordinates an offense that's won 2 Super Bowls isn't exactly the intern.

• Agree 1

Just now, dpberr said:

I think there is off-field information with EB that resembles a large, dirty iceberg that will get exposed and it'll put everyone involved in a poor light.  

I don't buy the "well that's Andy Reid's offense" jazz - NFL teams would take a shot on EB if legal would let them.  A guy who coordinates an offense that's won 2 Super Bowls isn't exactly the intern.

I see it the exact opposite. If it were just off-field stuff from decades ago, the NFL would promote him already. The NFL doesnt care about the kind of stuff Bieniemy was accused of.

I think it ALL comes down to 1. Not being the play-caller, and 2. Being a bad interview.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That's already well-known.

Mystery solved...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.