Brett Favre suing Shannon Sharpe and Pat McAfee🤣

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, babulator said:

Man...I was such a big Favre fan in the day, it's sad to see what he's done with his life. I hope justice prevails and he leaves the public consciousness for the forseeable future.

Totally agree. One of my favorite players ever but he has become a joke. Sad part is despite all the shadiness, 🍆 (probably not that big of the rumors are truth), pull popping, he’d win public office because it’s Mississippi. He should blame cte at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Totally agree. One of my favorite players ever but he has become a joke. Sad part is despite all the shadiness, 🍆 (probably not that big of the rumors are truth), pull popping, he’d win public office because it’s Mississippi. He should blame cte at this point.

With regard to the pill popping, that is something I admired him for. 

The over-prescription of opioids is obviously one of the biggest problems plaguing our country. 

He had the balls to tell the world that it was becoming a personal problem and he was taking time to address it. 

That said, the guy is still a complete douche. 

But not for that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

So what's the update, for those who don't have the time, or don't want to watch a video?

Favre dropped the suit against McAfee after Pat apologized on air.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The over-prescription of opioids is obviously one of the biggest problems plaguing our country. 

He had the balls to tell the world that it was becoming a personal problem and he was taking time to address it. 

But not for that. 

That’s valid point. 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Favre dropped the suit against McAfee after Pat apologized on air.

I don’t know that he apologized, more just clarified his position from the start. He always laughed at this lawsuit because he never said Favre was guilty, his words always began with “allegedly” so he knew he was in the clear from the very beginning. If he did say “I apologize to Brett” or “sorry” that’d be a surprise to me. 

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

So what's the update, for those who don't have the time, or don't want to watch a video?

favre bought the headline of “favre disputes claims and is fighting back” and then quietly withdrew from fighting back because he didn’t have a case. 

23 hours ago, babulator said:

Man...I was such a big Favre fan in the day, it's sad to see what he's done with his life. I hope justice prevails and he leaves the public consciousness for the forseeable future.

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah I was somewhat a fan of the "gunslingers" in my younger years, and he certainly fit that bit as well or better than anyone.  But as they say, never meet your heroes...

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

But not for that. 

One of the few things I can respect him for.  Some may forget we have a popular guy on our roster right now who is hailed for overcoming his own addiction issues, so to slam Favre for it would be hypocritical.  I've found myself to be fairly immune to chemical dependency (even specifically tested it), but I was hesitant to accept a prescription for opioid painkillers for my kidney stone situation (which were covered under my drug plan) when the Toradol prescribed wasn't covered by my drug plan.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38782335/judge-dismiss-brett-favre-defamation-lawsuit-shannon-sharpe?platform=amp

Because duh.  Farve is lucky that this is the corrupt, incompetent state of Mississippi or he'd be facing jail time.   

Incompetent? No... deliberately not pursuing Favre strongly because of who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Competently corrupt then. :thumbsup:

Many servicemembers I served with in the Navy would rather stay in Japan than go back to where they are from in Mississippi, Alabama, etc... I guess Japan must be a really cool alternative but I never got to go there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Wow.  BS is protected by law.  I can see this being appealed.

1st - the judge is referring to the law as it is written, so not sure where you think the appeal is.

2nd - What Sharpe said Favre did is almost exactly what he has been accused of doing, and I wouldn't say it's BS. 

Sharpe had said that Favre “stole money from people that really needed that money,” when commenting on Favre’s alleged role in a Mississippi welfare fraud case.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Many servicemembers I served with in the Navy would rather stay in Japan than go back to where they are from in Mississippi, Alabama, etc... I guess Japan must be a really cool alternative but I never got to go there.

Jeez. Won't this diva disappear? He wore out his welcome before he finally retired, but the SOB just wont go away......

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38782335/judge-dismiss-brett-favre-defamation-lawsuit-shannon-sharpe?platform=amp

Because duh.  Farve is lucky that this is the corrupt, incompetent state of Mississippi or he'd be facing jail time.   

You could just say Mississippi

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

One of my best friends is serving in the navy and spent a majority of his first four years in Japan and LOVED it 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.