Where do the Bills need to improve the most?

Chaos

Where do the Bills need to improve the most?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Where do the Bills need to improve the most?

• Coaching
    • QB
    • Offensive Line
    • Offensive Skill Positions
    • Defensive Line
    • Linebackers
    • Secondary

To me it’s coaching (O & D), offensive skill positions and OL, in that order. The second and third don’t much matter without the first. The Bengals showed us how having quality offensive skill players can mask a bad OL so it’s second. We need another difference maker on O. Thirdly, we could still use improvement on the OL to help the passing and running games. We don’t need any All Pros, but lining up five even slightly above average players would be a big improvement. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

at least you admitted to it lol 

QB is here for two reasons: 1) there are threads about Allen regressing, so it is a viewpoint of some posters (certainly not me the President of the Josh Allen fan club) and 2) Coach McDermott highlighted the need for improvement in the QB position at his post season press conference:

McDermott said. “But we all, myself included, Josh [Allen], and the leaders of this football team, we all have to improve in certain areas to move this organization forward.”

I can only assume you are the troll you fear. 

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

No all the above option?

I don't think you know what "most" means. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Reducing turnovers.   Period.   

Top 5 roster across the board.   This is a very good football team who shot themselves in the foot at the execution level with turnovers.    

Beane will make moves to improve where he can afford it in the next couple months as usual.   

Cut this years turnovers in half and I'm not sure we aren't still watching Bills football right now.  

Prioritizing the dline over oline and drafting of defense first in early rounds since this staff has came on board

43 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Top 5 roster across the board.   This is a very good football team who shot themselves in the foot at the execution level with turnovers.    

Beane will make moves to improve where he can afford it in the next couple months as usual.   

Cut this years turnovers in half and I'm not sure we aren't still watching Bills football right now.  

The problem is Bean has to make cap welfare decisions now when filling out the offense and his defense picks seem average at best....we should have built this offense first while Allen was on his rookie contract...the defense only has to be average if your offense is good enough

The defense was just injured at every position except LB.  Everyone back healthy I'd say get younger at safety.  On offense we have enough pieces to score but the OL needs better starters and better backups.  Saffold was a miss.  They need to establish an identity as a running team and I'm not talking about Allen running the ball.  I don't think we need new backs for this we just need to call more run plays.

In this order:

1.) Coaching

2.) OL

3.) WR

4.) RB

5.) S

6.) LB

Give Josh all the help he needs on offense. With this coaching staff we would need a HOFer at every position on defense for us to succeed, even then we would probably play in a weak prevent cover 4 defense 10-15 yards off the ball. Defense is a lost cause.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Ok, seriously now.

Coaching is a concern.

We need maybe 1 OL

1 DL

1 CB or Safety 

I draft a center this year, maybe 3 round

We need a #2 wr 

14 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

In this order:

1.) Coaching

2.) OL

3.) WR

4.) RB

5.) S

6.) LB

Give Josh all the help he needs on offense. With this coaching staff we would need a HOFer at every position on defense for us to succeed, even then we would probably play in a weak prevent cover 4 defense 10-15 yards off the ball. Defense is a lost cause.

I wholeheartedly agree....I think this staff has taken us as far as we can reasonably expect at this point....their philosophy seems to be to do it their way contradictory to how the modern NFL is going..It's an offense driven league and we have the best qb skill wise in the league..common sense says you build around him...they drafted Allen got diggs and forgot about the rest of the offense

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

You're not wrong, and to go off topic, I would be o.k. if we traded down to get more round 3-5 picks to try to fill more holes on the cheap.

That should have been the way we filled out this defense...instead that's how we have addressed the offense 😆 

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

IMO this this not a top 5 roster on the Offensive line or the WR/TE group. It's bottom half of the league in both.

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It is offensive line and it should not be a close vote. 

I'd rank it:

1. Offensive line

2. Offensive line

3. Offensive line

Slightly tangential, but related. Do you have any early views on Darnell Washington? I think he would be a perfect TE#2 and really help the oline.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO this this not a top 5 roster on the Offensive line or the WR/TE group. It's bottom half of the league in both.

I think they are arguably bottom 5 or 6 on line. They are about halfway on pass catchers IMO.... Diggs, Knox, Davis isn't a bad 3... the Bills should just throw to Knox more. They undersused him badly this year. Their best sepatation guy (per next gen) and catching 73% targets. There is zero proven depth behind those 3 though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Slightly tangential, but related. Do you have any early views on Darnell Washington? I think he would be a perfect TE#2 and really help the oline.

He is the perfect TE2. Agreed. The questions are how early is a TE2 worth a pick and when will he in fact be picked?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

We just got stomped by the Bengals with not turnovers until late in the game when the outcome was already decided. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So many groups had injuries but the OL even healthy is suspect.  Saffold was a miss and we could use upgrades at several spots and certainly upgrades to the back ups.  Coaching I'm not going to call out Dorsey and Frazier and say they can't coach their respective units.  Dorsey in his first year and Frazier dealing with a massive number of injuries at every position except LB but that said the down and distance management and time management has been at times atrocious.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.