How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

If both teams were completely healthy, the Bengals would have the edge.  We'd have Hyde back at full strength, and White playing like White.  And of course Von Miller would be there.  But that's it.  The team without just those two and half absences is nowhere near as good as the Bills were at the start of the season.  Getting the back would make them better but not by that much.

But the Bengals are in far worse shape.  They're down three starters on the O line.  They're going to need to keep their RB in the pocket, and their TE on the line, to help block on pass plays.  They still have a lot of talent with WRs but I think the Bills can limit their damage, particularly if they blitz from all different angles and with different players.  And the Bengals have injuries on D as well, maybe more than the Bills do. 

Overall, edge to Buffalo.  

It is entirely possible and plausible that the Bills win on Sunday.  But it's also possible that they lose.  It should be a hell of a game.  

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm at about 65%. I think the bills are the better team overall, but we've watched them shoot themselves in the foot so many times this season. While I think the bills are fully capable of playing a mistake free game, it's hard to comprehend they will. Being at home is a big advantage (I think). 

Yes, I think there is a 2 in 3 chance the Bills win.

In order for Bengals to win, a few things would need to happen.

- Great defensive game plan, forces Josh to dither and not find down the field options causing a lot of 3 and outs

- Turnovers that leads to at least 14+ points for the Bengals

- Bills give up over 400 yards and multiple long TD drives

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

At some point, our sloppy "Hey, I'll take it anyway" wins were always going to come back to bite us in the butt

You’re barking up the wrong tree. People don’t want to hear it. But you’re right - “just good enough” is great for the regular season but unless you fix that sloppiness, it can bite you in the playoffs against elite teams.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If Bill win the coin toss take the ball or defer? 

Depends on the wind, weather... If it's bad... They are predicting 1-3" snow... I'd choose which end zone to defend first/last... 

The best thing that can happen is the Bills lose the toss if weather is a factor.  Let Bengals make the stadium error.

BFLo is the last stadium in league where these confusing weather options come into play.  

ALWAYS TAKE weather/wind in 4th!

WeatherForecast:

OrchardPark_Day_01222023(Su).thumb.jpg.a3e86448c9f5a0420dcb935478c1c9a4.jpg

OrchardPark_Night_01222023(Su).thumb.jpg.d94b2050d30b8eccd44bcf96b738bb58.jpg

Looks like wind will shift 90°... Hopefully it stays low... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

If both teams were completely healthy, the Bengals would have the edge.  We'd have Hyde back at full strength, and White playing like White.  And of course Von Miller would be there.  But that's it.  The team without just those two and half absences is nowhere near as good as the Bills were at the start of the season.  Getting the back would make them better but not by that much.

But the Bengals are in far worse shape.  They're down three starters on the O line.  They're going to need to keep their RB in the pocket, and their TE on the line, to help block on pass plays.  They still have a lot of talent with WRs but I think the Bills can limit their damage, particularly if they blitz from all different angles and with different players.  And the Bengals have injuries on D as well, maybe more than the Bills do. 

Overall, edge to Buffalo.  

It is entirely possible and plausible that the Bills win on Sunday.  But it's also possible that they lose.  It should be a hell of a game.  

If the Bills were 100% healthy, they are the most complete, best team in the league.  They are missing an All-Pro (2nd team) Safety in Hyde, All-Pro DE in Miller, and Jamison Crowder.  Jordan Phillips has been playing with one arm.  All-Pro Tre White is not 100% and would round out the top secondary in the league on a completely healthy Bills team. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You’re barking up the wrong tree. People don’t want to hear it. But you’re right - “just good enough” is great for the regular season but unless you fix that sloppiness, it can bite you in the playoffs against elite teams.

So do the Bengals have to worry about all of their one score wins that were "just good enough" or is it just the Bills that will get bit?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

"The only team that can beat us is us." To be fair, don't you think KC and Cinci can say the same thing?

If you go back to last year's Cinci team their Oline was terrible. They still went to the Super Bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong. Another concern is the Bills pass rush. They are inconsistent, young, and to be honest not elite. The Bills just faced a vulnerable Miami Oline with mixed results. Burrow is no Skylar Thomspson. 

No, I don’t. What difference does it make anyway?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is the game a bunch of us have been warning fans about for 8 or 9 weeks now.

At some point, our sloppy "Hey, I'll take it anyway" wins were always going to come back to bite us in the butt, once we ran into a good enough team in the playoffs.

That day is this Sunday.

HOWEVER, we could get lucky and the Bengals could be off their game too, also making mistakes...

OR, 2) we could FINALLY put it all together and play to the best of our abilities.

Either could result in a Bills win.

No one is going to know a THING about how this is going to play out until the actual game unfolds on Sunday.

Though I guess that's always true...

I agree.

Bengals could fall off a cliff with their O Line disaster, but you are correct, our sloppy "Hey, I'll take it anyway" wins could come back and bite us.

20 hours ago, peterpan said:

I hate to say it but maybe 30%?  We have been playing poorly for way too long.  Bengals are a good team with a chip on their shoulder.  I think it’s a safe bet that they win.

I might have agreed with you if the bengals were healthy, but they are not.

The question arises; Can our coaches take major advantage of the Bengals missing a whoppping three OL?

I don’t know what our defense is doing half the time. The QB has the ball all day with zero pressure. If that is our tactic again I think the Bengals shred us on those plays. 
I think KD has lost Josh Allen as well….

I’m sorry…. I’m sorry…. But that is what I see…

Josh went from the best player in the NFL…. To someone easily not the best player in the NFL…..

Last spring I didn’t think an OC could have that kind of effect on a vet QB but there’s no denying it.

The Giants are now running our offense and we are…..

not.

Just a total freakin’ disaster.

It doesn’t explain why the defense fell too, but that’s what happened.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree.

Bengals could fall off a cliff with their O Line disaster, but you are correct, our sloppy "Hey, I'll take it anyway" wins could come back and bite us.

Sloppy, Hey I'll take it. Damn straight!

Found this very interesting and it holds true. On "Speak for Yourself" Shady and Acho were discussing Josh's turnovers as of late and Shady brings up a great point at the 6:00 minute mark. 

Josh tends to play down to his competition and gets reckless at times. The bigger the game the better he performs. Pundits say if he plays like that against KC they'll lose. But as Shady mentions,  he doesn't play like that against KC. In his last 3 games at KC Josh has 10 TDs and ZERO INTs. And if it wasn't for 13 seconds he'd be 3-0. He brings some head scratching bad decisions but the good outweighs that by a ton. Josh shows up when it counts.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We don't have a shutdown defense. Our strength is our offense. Score first and get up 7-0.  Just make sure we possess the ball before halftime. 

Win the redzone and middle 8. Give Cincy the ball and let them run their scripted plays.  Which is their best offense imo.  See what they are doing adjust to it.  Take the lead before half, Build on it after halftime and win the game.

1 to 10 im a solid 7 in confidence.  Burrow is at the elite level so he alone is the worry.

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We won’t win if we played like we did on Sunday. I’m more confident in Joe Burrow right now than I am Josh. 

What happens if Cincy plays like they did?  Do we win or lose?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Im confident we will win, yet fully aware this is no gimme game and if we play like we did against Miami, we won't win this game.  Our greatest opponent on Sunday is not Cincy, it's ourselves.  If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot, they should win this game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.