How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

18 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

I'm losing confidence every week with the lack of pass rush and the secondary. 

If the Bills are gonna win a superbowl,  these 2 things are gonna have to ball out for 3 games.

ESPECIALLY with a potential PHI vs BUF SB matchup. The birds have 4/5 OL who received 1st or 2nd team All Pro votes. That coupled with AJ Brown and the speedy skinny dude whose name escapes me, I don’t think we’d match up all that well with them. This DL underwhelms given draft position and resources allocated to the trenches. If just that unit could step up and play out of their minds, it’d take care of the secondary and everything else.

• Agree 1

How confident would you feel if Dawkins, Brown, and Bates were going to miss the game?  I dont understand the talk about the secondary or the pass rush.  They held the Miami qb to less than a 45 quarterback rating.  Enjoy it this doesnt happen often.  Both teams are better than KC.  Next week could very well be in Orchard Park IF they win Sunday.  Odds are they advance.  Theyre simply better than Cincinnati 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohninMinn. said:

I was at the  1991 AFC championship game against the Raiders. 51-3

This game feels like the same elements are in place.

That would be amazing but i can’t see that.

I will say that a lot of Cincinnati’s recent playoff success (5 games) is due to positive turnover ratio in every game. That needs to end here.

This game feels like a Super Bowl at Highmark Stadium. I do believe the winner of this game will also win the SB.  It’s that big.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  So one stat is similar and that makes them all similar?  Allen 20 more TD passes, 1,000 more passing yards and in one less game.

Someone that had similar stats to Daniel Jones would be Andy Dalton or Jacoby Brissett.

Allen is in year 5 and I'm not saying jones is as good as allen...but the way daboll has him playing he definitely has a bit of similarities in there....what was Allen's 2019 stats?....Daboll has Daniel jones playing like a poor man's josh allen

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Allen is in year 5 and I'm not saying jones is as good as allen...but the way daboll has him playing he definitely has a bit of similarities in there....what was Allen's 2019 stats?....Daboll has Daniel jones playing like a poor man's josh allen

A poor man's Josh Allen I think isn't a reach.

if we don't turn the ball over 2 more times than cici does, and bad turnovers, not like 3rd and long punt replacement ones, then cinci has no shot at all.

the way i see the game going -- cinci always receives and we always defer, so they get the ball first.  they are opening drive MONSTERS, so they score a TD on the opening drive.  over the course of the first 20 minutes of the game they go up 7-10 points at some point, maybe 17 -7.  our d figures them out, we get the ball back to close the 2nd quarter, score and go into the half w a lead.  we score to open the 3rd and they never get within 7 points of us after that.  the only question is do we protect the ball and destroy them or do some sloppy stuff and keep them closer that it should be.

bills win.

• Like (+1) 1

70% feels about right to me, especially with the news breaking today about two of their starting O-Linemen being ruled out. Burrow's a good scrambler in his own right but he's not Allen or Mahomes or Jackson. Keep him on his heels the way the Ravens' defense did and we'll be in great shape. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the game the defense really makes their mark after being questioned all year long. It's a pity that they technically surrendered 24 points last week because really only one of those touchdowns was on a full, legitimate drive. They played awesome in every other defensive metric besides points against, most of which were set up by turnovers or special teams lapses. 

On the offensive side we just need Josh to be Josh and maybe be a little more conservative, at least in the first half. If we're trailing in the third or fourth then by all means pull out the hero ball stuff but no need to re-invent the wheel. Just keep up sustained drives - short-to-mid-range stuff coupled with some timely 4-or-5 yard running pickups from the backs and maybe an obligatory deep shot now and then to keep them honest. That should be more than enough to keep the Bengals' mediocre defense reeling and to keep Burrow and Co. off the field and give our defense time to rest. Cincy's defense cannot stop us and as good as their offense is they're going to lose a shootout with us every time unless we shoot ourselves in the foot like we did against Miami. Respect to them, they're a solid outfit, but they're not a special team. It also looks like it might be a mix of rain/snow/sleet on Sunday afternoon so take that as you may; I don't know if Burrow has a ton of experience playing in ugly weather but I sure as hell know our guy does and does it well. Any factor that might make them have to resort to using their garbage running game more is fine in my book. 

Bills 31 - Bengals 21. Let's f--n do it boys. 

Edited by NyBob85
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, NyBob85 said:

70% feels about right to me, especially with the news breaking today about two of their starting O-Linemen being ruled out. Burrow's a good scrambler in his own right but he's not Allen or Mahomes or Jackson. Keep him on his heels the way the Ravens' defense did and we'll be in great shape. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the game the defense really makes their mark after being questioned all year long. It's a pity that they technically surrendered 24 points last week because really only one of those touchdowns was on a full, legitimate drive. They played awesome in every other defensive metric besides points against, most of which were set up by turnovers or special teams lapses. 

On the offensive side we just need Josh to be Josh and maybe be a little more conservative, at least in the first half. If we're trailing in the third or fourth then by all means pull out the hero ball stuff but no need to re-invent the wheel. Just keep up sustained drives - short-to-mid-range stuff coupled with some timely 4-or-5 yard running pickups from the backs and maybe an obligatory deep shot now and then to keep them honest. That should be more than enough to keep the Bengals' mediocre defense reeling and to keep Burrow and Co. off the field and give our defense time to rest. Cincy's defense cannot stop us and as good as their offense is they're going to lose a shootout with us every time unless we shoot ourselves in the foot like we did against Miami. Respect to them, they're a solid outfit, but they're not a special team. It also looks like it might be a mix of rain/snow/sleet on Sunday afternoon so take that as you may; I don't know if Burrow has a ton of experience playing in ugly weather but I sure as hell know our guy does and does it well. Any factor that might make them have to resort to using their garbage running game more is fine in my book. 

Bills 31 - Bengals 21. Let's f--n do it boys. 

Well said.  Living down here in Cincy hearing whodey all the week has my anxiety sky high, but hearing takes like this as well as others in this thread helps.  General take is the offense is due to bounce back after our showing against the Fins, but what do I know.  

Bottom line, this season has been a gauntlet.  We've weathered everything and deserve to continue on this storybook journey.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

If buffalo CANNOT beat this bengals team with the advantages it has - well?  It was a colossal failure of a season.

Period.

The stage is set - the scales tip in our favor - its our time. 

Josh?  Coach McDermott?  You better win this one.

Edited by Drew21PA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.