How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

10 hours ago, benderbender said:

I’m more Nostrodumbass than Nostradamus, but I was way more worried about the Dolphins than most were. If it counts for anything, I am way less worried about this Sunday. 

Do you find it interesting that they have the quarter back, the half back and the hunch back of Notre Dame?

They need to play a lot better than they did last week to beat this Cincy team. The Bengals are going to come out swinging like they did Monday night, mistakes and turnovers will kill them. Burrow is not a third string rookie, the Bills will not be able to overcome three turnovers and dropped passes in this game. A lot of people taking about how they almost lost to the Ravens and a backup QB, but we almost lost to the 9-8 Dolphins with a third string QB with no OL and no starting RB. We need the playoff Bills to please stand up. 

4 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

They need to play a lot better than they did last week to beat this Cincy team. The Bengals are going to come out swinging like they did Monday night, mistakes and turnovers will kill them. Burrow is not a third string rookie, the Bills will not be able to overcome three turnovers and dropped passes in this game. A lot of people taking about how they almost lost to the Ravens and a backup QB, but we almost lost to the 9-8 Dolphins with a third string QB with no OL and no starting RB. We need the playoff Bills to please stand up. 

You dont say. 

Both the Bills and the Bengals almost lost to inferior teams, yes, but I’d say the difference is that the Bengals were largely outplayed by the Ravens, while the Bills kept the Dolphins in the game by way of their own self-inflicted errors. No one, not even Dolphins fans, can say that team outplayed the Bills. It was more they were fortunate to be as close as they were. I didn’t think the Bengals had a sloppy game necessarily, or were clearly the better team against the Ravens.

• Agree 2

On 1/17/2023 at 6:55 PM, Augie said:

The beginning of the last “game” was very concerning. I know we typically let them score early, then settle in, but it was not looking good. 

We are going to need to get pressure on Burrow, and if we can’t do it against their banged up OLine, well………we need to spend our first four picks in the draft on DLine. Keep at it till you get it right! 

(I’ll run and hide now.)

if we cant pressure Burrow with their backup line, please fire whoever scouts our DL drafting, which has been horrendous outside Greg R. 

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Both the Bills and the Bengals almost lost to inferior teams, yes, but I’d say the difference is that the Bengals were largely outplayed by the Ravens, while the Bills kept the Dolphins in the game by way of their own self-inflicted errors. No one, not even Dolphins fans, can say that team outplayed the Bills. It was more they were fortunate to be as close as they were. I didn’t think the Bengals had a sloppy game necessarily, or were clearly the better team against the Ravens.

DVOA's post-game win expectancy agrees:

The Bengals should feel lucky they escaped with a win whereas the Dolphins should feel lucky they ever had a chance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Considering the number of injuries this season, the Bills are relatively healthy. Cincy is banged up. Home crowd should make it tough on Burro. 
Giving the edge to our boys, but they need to tighten up and eliminate stupid penalties and missed tackles. Ball control. The best defense against Burro is to keep it out of his hands.  D-Line must bring their A-game. 
Bills 33 Been Gals 3

• Like (+1) 1

Moderate confidence.   65% because the Bills are at home.  If this was a road game I would be pessimistic.  Bengals are a scary good offense.   Bills defense is better than the Bengals.  This can be a shoot out where the team with the ball last, wins.  

If both teams play their best game, Buffalo wins.  I firmly believe that.  This game is going to come down to mistakes.  Allen really needs to take what the defense gives him.  While a home-run bomb is nice, a slow, methodical drive down the field kills a lot of time and keeps Burrow off the field.  This will be the crux of the game.

That said, I am confident.  IMHO, this game is not Buffalo's game to win, so much as their game to lose.

I was nervous until I heard Eric Weddell share his thoughts. He is a former player and just came off a Super Bowl win. Once I heard him describe all the reasons we would win,  I felt confident. I have a strange feeling it’s the 49ers vs the giants in the nfc championship game and Buffalo vs Jacksonville in the afc championship 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, jaybills said:

After what Eric Weddle stated about Bengals O-line issues, I feel a hell of a lot better that Bills will work the Bengals. Hopefully it leads to a home game against the Jags. 

Bills don’t have the DL talent to take advantage of the Bengals’ injuries. They’ve played banged up OLs before and nothing changes. Miller is such a huge loss.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t know about that.  
Jones: 15/5 TD to INT; 3,205 yards

Allen: 35/14 TD to INT, 4,283 yards.

We are talking about Daniel jones having Isiah hodgins as his #1 wr and his rb as his #2 wr lol......and don't leave out the yards jones puts up on the ground as he does have 708 yards rushing and 7 tds also

Edited by Billever76

6 hours ago, Billever76 said:

We are talking about Daniel jones having Isiah hodgins as his #1 wr and his rb as his #2 wr lol......and don't leave out the yards jones puts up on the ground as he does have 708 yards rushing and 7 tds also

Okay.  So one stat is similar and that makes them all similar?  Allen 20 more TD passes, 1,000 more passing yards and in one less game.

Someone that had similar stats to Daniel Jones would be Andy Dalton or Jacoby Brissett.

I'm more confident facing the Bengals this week than I was back on January 2nd. I had a bad feeling we would be mauled in that game and that was before DH's injury. Now I think we are better position to defeat them. Home field will be the difference here and if we can finally put together a complete game for a 4 quarters with a good pass rush, Burrow will be exposed as the statue in the pocket he is.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.