Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

14 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Not him specifically, his team.  Once Miami bought into their hype at 3-0, they decided they had to play Tua after the Bills game to keep pace as the division leader.  Then Tua gets a second concussion, and never really recovered

Actually, he never got over the first concussion because some quack declared him ready to play. He still had the concussion going into the Cincy game. So in reality, he's only had two this year. It was really bad management by the doctors and the Dolphins. 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Do much do you pay monthly for your subscription to the Gwinnett Daily Post?

Edited by HappyDays

10 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

If one is to believe McDaniel:  "It's a serious injury; it's hard to know if he'll be able to play this week," McDaniel said. "I never put anything past Raheem Mostert ... but it is a significant break of his thumb."

Playing one handed as a RB definitely has disadvantages!  This seems like another break for us. 

It seems like it's destiny for the bills and Bengals players to get here do over 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

McDaniel thinks their season extends beyond Sunday

Time to blight those hopes.

I'm not seeing, at least in that tweet, where McDaniel thinks they'll be playing past Sunday.  I think he's saying they'd rather have Bridgewater be the backup on Sunday than Mike Glennon.  I would too.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Just my opinion but I think Tua will hang them up or at least should, that is alot of head trauma in 1 season.

He should but I'll bet he returns for next season.  Unless he's suffering permanent symptoms.

• Like (+1) 1

The Fins are going to run it, WR screen it, and slant us to death.  Their QB won't hold the ball.  It's going to be on us to make sure we tackle well which has been a major issue for us all season.  I have never seen a worse tackling team than we have been this season.  That said, if the offense can put up 28+, and get up really early, we should win comfortably.  But this is the NFL.  It's a division opponent that has played dirty at times.  Regardless of the spread, we will need to be on our game if for no other reason than to get out of the game healthy.  Bad things can happen if you are not 100% engaged in the game.  Stay focused on the task at hand and survive and advance.  That is what the Playoffs are all about.

• Like (+1) 1

Skylar isn’t anything special but he doesn’t have to be. All he needs to do is to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers, and let them do the rest. We don’t have a great cover scheme, and Hill kills us with slants and crosses. I can see them running the ball mixed with short routes that get their receivers in space.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Skylar isn’t anything special but he doesn’t have to be. All he needs to do is to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers, and let them do the rest. We don’t have a great cover scheme, and Hill kills us with slants and crosses. I can see them running the ball mixed with short routes that get their receivers in space.

They could be missing 3 starting offensive linemen too…tough to get guys in space in that situation.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm not seeing, at least in that tweet, where McDaniel thinks they'll be playing past Sunday.  I think he's saying they'd rather have Bridgewater be the backup on Sunday than Mike Glennon.  I would too.

Sounds like they’re gonna try to start teddy and they don’t want him takin reps in practice to keep him healthy.  I feel like teddy is gonna start and this Skylar Thompson stuff has been a smokescreen 

the quote about Skylar has been ‘they’re preparing like he is gonna be the starter’ 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

The Fins are going to run it, WR screen it, and slant us to death.  Their QB won't hold the ball.  It's going to be on us to make sure we tackle well which has been a major issue for us all season.  I have never seen a worse tackling team than we have been this season.  That said, if the offense can put up 28+, and get up really early, we should win comfortably.  But this is the NFL.  It's a division opponent that has played dirty at times.  Regardless of the spread, we will need to be on our game if for no other reason than to get out of the game healthy.  Bad things can happen if you are not 100% engaged in the game.  Stay focused on the task at hand and survive and advance.  That is what the Playoffs are all about.

Never seen a worse tackling team? Ever? Idk about that lmao

6 hours ago, sven233 said:

And the bills know that Miami’s office is going to be extremely limited because they don’t have a quarterback that can push the ball down the field to their lethal weapons

Let’s keep in mind that before they barely beat the Jets they lost like five straight games

I’m not saying taken lightly, but I’m not afraid of them either

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t see how this game will be competitive without Tua.  I’m not worried about the beginning of the game.  This team under McBeane has gone from terrible in game adjustments to one of the best.  How many times have we been close in the first half to pulling away in the second half.

It'll only be close if the Bills can't stop the run and Miami converts RZ opportunities into points.

I don't see it happening.

Side note: keep Phillips on the sideline; he can't stop the run with that gimpy arm.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.