Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I wouldn't sleep on Skyler Thompson when he was 100%. 

I watched him play at Kansas State and the dude call ball. He was like Brock Purdy in the Big XII. 

Have you seen the numbers?  We are facing a rookie QB who hasn't looked very good and is likely a fringe backup in this league. Let's stop trying to pretend he might be like Brock Purdy. He isn't...hasn't shown anything to suggest that in any of the games he has played so far. He has started 3 games and thrown 1 TD and 1 INT in it.  Basically this game should be over by halftime if the offense plays remotely competent and doesn't turn the ball over.

image.thumb.png.1a477fdf580908ac8319a31f62b7ef00.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just hope we get a big enough lead to pull and rest starters. I guess we get a bye after all.

That's the best possible scenario right there, but I'm going to assume that doesn't happen so I can be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yes... and I don't care to be honest. I've see him up front in college do the same thing... then ball out one game. They haven't used him like he should be used (duel threat). 

ST.JPG

And I don't care either because this isn't college and there is a big difference between playing in a conference where they don't play defense as a general rule and the NFL against one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Especially with what the Bills do to rookie QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

And I don't care either because this isn't college and there is a big difference between playing in a conference where they don't play defense as a general rule and the NFL against one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Especially with what the Bills do to rookie QBs.

Our secondary right now vs Waddle + Hill = I wouldn't be so sure they don't both go off again. But you can pretend the dude can't do crap against us based on a few starts in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Our secondary right now vs Waddle + Hill = I wouldn't be so sure they don't both go off again. But you can pretend the dude can't do crap against us based on a few starts in the NFL. 

I doubt he has more than 175 yards passing in the game. And a lot of that will come in garbage time.

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I would love to see a close game where the Bills pull it out at the end.

Noooo!!  My nerves can't handle that, especially against the fish and backup QB, lol.

Get a nice lead early and give our starters a break. Best possible outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Airseven said:

A physical run game from Miami, a couple flash plays from Waddle/Hill, and a couple Allen turnovers and this thing is close with all the pressure on the Bills.

Why would you expect those to happen?  I think it is far more likely the Bills go in at halftime with a 3 score lead than it being a close game.

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

McDaniel was pretty funny a couple times when talking about Mike Glennon and Sean McDermott. He also emphasized that Skylar is the QB as of today, but I felt like there is a chance Teddy might play, if not start. 

Teddy might be available, just depends how available.  Probably expect Skylar to start with the possibility of Teddy being emergency QB or depending on the finger, come in if Skylar lays an egg.

Says he's working to be available.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/dolphins-teddy-bridgewater-working-to-be-available-vs-bills/

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

I hope so. We are 9th in passing yards allowed this season... and that's with one less game. 

Average we are 15th, but only 14 more yards than what the 7th place Chargers allow in a normal game. Can't help to think a lot of those yards came in garbage time(Browns especially). QB Rating we are 4th or 5th best.

More importantly points allowed we are 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Skylar can still go 34-40, 4TDs, 380 yards,  and 0 INT. Remember Zach Wilson against this Bills defense?

Zach Wilson's numbers in that game.........

18-25, 154 yards 1 td, 0 int

24 yards rushing.

Is there an alternate Bills/Jets game with Wilson that you're referring to?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Miami still has speedy WR's and if Skyler is on it could still be a long day for the Bills.. Our D is bend don't break and lots of injuries.

Nothing should be taken for granted... I won't feel comfortable till we are up by 4 scores 

And Josh Mite throw 17 interceptions and we lose lol 

The chances of skylar Thompson being good enough to beat the bills at the Ralph where they are 12-1 is slim to none 

If they got 2 kick returns a pick six and a fumble 6 it might be close 

They will be lucky to score 17

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Miami still has speedy WR's and if Skyler is on it could still be a long day for the Bills.. Our D is bend don't break and lots of injuries.

Nothing should be taken for granted... I won't feel comfortable till we are up by 4 scores 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't like over-confidence and neither do the football gods. The Dolphins, a division rival with nothing to lose, still have a roster of NFL players and the Bills, at times, play down to their competition.

I believe the Bills will win. But I will not get cocky about this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People talking about this like the only loss for the Fins is at QB. Look upthread. Their entire OL is not practicing and a bunch of those guys are not expected to play. Mostert is also most likely out. 

Off topic: I wanted to reply to a post here with this but I realized in retrospect that it may come off as an ad hominem attack. I'll post the video anyway

Just now, somnus00 said:

I don't like over-confidence and neither do the football gods. The Dolphins, a division rival with nothing to lose, still have a roster of NFL players and the Bills, at times, play down to their competition.

Are you playing?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why would you expect those to happen?  I think it is far more likely the Bills go in at halftime with a 3 score lead than it being a close game.

I don’t expect it, but it could happen. This isn’t an auto win. Dolphins are more physical and can control the clock. Waddle/Hill can still run circles around this secondary. Allen is Allen.

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

A lot remains to be seen. Who knows how he'll be in 10 years or so.

Heck if any fans even know if he has his health currently.  He may have some lingering symptoms that may not clear up anytime soon or ever even now.  

Big difference how his initial concussion was handled and he may be exhibiting permanent symptoms even at this relatively young age.

Not likely we'd learn of any such issue unless he does retire and states a cause even in general terms of not wanting to rehab all the time. 

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

I agree that the Bills sometimes play down to the competition in the regular season, where a couple losses don't mean much (in terms of elimination), but the playoffs are a completely different animal. No way imo do the Bills play down to the comp starting now. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Zach Wilson's numbers in that game.........

18-25, 154 yards 1 td, 0 int

24 yards rushing.

Is there an alternate Bills/Jets game with Wilson that you're referring to?

I think the point is that in that snapshot of time, Wilson outplayed Allen. 

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm sure the NFL wants Bills vs Bengals but the league has to hate that Lamar and Tua are out and essentially making two playoff games totally non competitive. I mean that's part of the price you pay when you expand the playoff field and add a 17th game but 3 of the 6 games this weekend may not be within 10 points and one is Daniel Jones vs Kirk Cousins. Not sure what they can do to prevent this but this is kind of an unappealing playoff weekend if you aren't a fan of one of the teams

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Yup I get it. I just don’t want people to start thinking man we might be in a tough spot here. This is as easy as it’ll ever get in the playoffs for us this year and in many years to come. We should win by 3 scores (17ish pts). 

And what is the discussion going into the Cinci game if we only beat MIA 20-14? 

9 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I agree that the Bills sometimes play down to the competition in the regular season, where a couple losses don't mean much (in terms of elimination), but the playoffs are a completely different animal. No way imo do the Bills play down to the comp starting now. 

Ask Indy a couple years ago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.