Panthers request to interview Dorsey for HC

Process

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Funny.  I just told a friend that I'm still not sold on Dorsey as an OC though I'm hoping for future growth. 

Yet an NFL franchise thinks he's ready to be a HC.

He was with the Panthers already for 4 years (?)... They're very familiar with his resume, knowledge, and aspirations. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Was thinking about this earlier.  Why is it not a rule to request interviews after a teams season is over, meaning teams in the playoffs cant have requested interviews until they are eliminated.  

It's about fairness to the candidates. The NFL has no right to restrict them. Although, the Bills could deny them.

I wonder if Dorsey's Miami Meltdown did anything to damage his viability as a head coaching candidate this offseason.

As far as if he moves on, don't forget the Bills have 4 former Offensive Coordinators still under contract, Rob Boras, Joe Brady, Mike Shula and Aaron Kromer.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

They are nuttier than Squirrel turds if they hire him. He is still adjusting to running an offense. He would be terrible as a HC this soon. 

We're 13-3 because of Josh, not any amazing innovative decisions by Dorsey. Way, way too early. Desperation breeds poor decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

You 1,000 percent take the interview.  Even if you don’t get it that experience is worth it’s weight in gold later on. 

Oh I agree with you there.

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I wonder if Dorsey's Miami Meltdown did anything to damage his viability as a head coaching candidate this offseason.

As far as if he moves on, don't forget the Bills have 4 former Offensive Coordinators still under contract, Rob Boras, Joe Brady, Mike Shula and Aaron Kromer.

Please do not use the name Rob Boras and the term “offensive coordinator” as a title applying to that name near me.  At least give me a minute to leave the room and shut the door behind myself, or put on some good noise cancelling earbuds, first

30 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Was thinking about this earlier.  Why is it not a rule to request interviews after a teams season is over, meaning teams in the playoffs cant have requested interviews until they are eliminated.  

It was, and there were objections that it disadvantaged candidates from winning teams, so they changed it.

Edited by Beck Water

So, I think he has room to improve and grow, but I also think he deserves a bunch of credit for adjusting the system and play calling as his teams strengths and weaknesses changed on the fly, the Bills kept piling up points regardless. Yes, Allen has a ton to do with that, but Dorsey also had to adjust to a line that turned out to be not that good, WRs outside of Diggs that were hugely inconsistent, and RBs who went up and down.

It;s always so easy as fans to look at the gaqme and be like "play calling sucks" because things don't work out, but the Bills talent on O outside of Allen was not a top 5 roster, and they ended up being a top 2 offense.

I can absolutely see why teams are interested in Dorsey - especially when you consider he was Daboll trained, and look how well Daboll did in his first year

Edited by appoo

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Good for him, I hope he gets it.  The. I hope he turns the Panthers around, then I hope the fact we still have a defensive coach who can’t win a big game and we have given away two guys who turned teams around get him fired and we hire an offensive mind because it’s all that matters.

This is beyond nonsensical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

Who knows if they bring in a veteran defensive coach and coordinators to help support him  I can see the intrigue.  Before this year he was highly thought of.  I’m alright with the idea of Brady taking the coordinator role next year. 

I wouldn't mind Brady either, actually.

They know they won’t get a top name coach with their current QB situation.  They might as well give it a try with a young and upcoming coach that is hungry and wants the opportunity.  Maybe they’ll find a gold nugget as they wait for their QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

It's funny before McDermott I don't remember any bills coaches getting opportunities elsewhere. Especially for head coaching opportunities lol 

Pettine with the Browns comes to mind.  That had more to do with the Browns than Pettine's coaching acumen.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Huh. Dorsey hasn’t proved much as supporting HC role. 

Beane is the guy that’s proven himself. Very impressive. Just this week, Smoke and Marlow??!!??  That’s crazy mentalist stuff right there. Glad there isn’t a title raise available outside. 

Edited by Since1981

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.