Go Raiders ... Beat the Chiefs by "3"

wjag

So here is how the weekend is going to go.

The Raiders are going to do the Bills a solid and beat the Chiefs by "Damar points"

The Bills are going to beat the Patriots

So it be written, so it shall be done.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Kiva said:

We control our own destiny.  Why care what the raiders do? 

We actually do.  If the Chiefs lose and the Bills win, then they can just cancel the Bills-Cincy game.  Bills would be number 1 seed.  If the Chiefs win, they control the number 1 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Have to give the chiefs credit.  They almost get beat by a weaker team seemingly every other week but they almost always prevail with clutch play right at the end.  

it's like the inverse of the Philip Rivers' Chargers teams

16 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Have to give the chiefs credit.  They almost get beat by a weaker team seemingly every other week but they almost always prevail with clutch play right at the end.  

Or....they WWE a QB on 4th and 2 and the refs pretend nothing happened. 

THE CHIEFS ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! 

THE COLTS BEAT THEM! 

RAIDERS HAD THEM!
CHARGERS HAD THEM!
BRONCOS HAD THEM TWICE!
EVEN THE TEXANS HAD THEM

Ahh I feel better now 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Or....they WWE a QB on 4th and 2 and the refs pretend nothing happened. 

THE CHIEFS ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! 

THE COLTS BEAT THEM! 

RAIDERS HAD THEM!
CHARGERS HAD THEM!
BRONCOS HAD THEM TWICE!
EVEN THE TEXANS HAD THEM

Ahh I feel better now 

Not just crowning Russ right in front of a ref but the world's worse PI call on CS that completely changed the momentum. Chiefs are the new Patriots in that regard, especially at Arrowhead.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

If true, the Bills can’t be the #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a bye. It’d be off the table. 👎

If KC loses to the Raiders and the Bills beat NE, they'd be a game ahead of KC in the loss column, along with having the tiebreaker.

I don't see how the Bills wouldn't be awarded the #1 seed, along with the bye and HFA if that were to happen.

Just now, BLeonard said:

If KC loses to the Raiders and the Bills beat NE, they'd be a game ahead of KC in the loss column, along with having the tiebreaker.

I don't see how the Bills wouldn't be awarded the #1 seed, along with the bye and HFA if that were to happen.

As long as those conditions are announced BEFORE Saturday..  Everyone would know what they are playing for.  The game with Cincy can't be replayed.  I think everyone understands that.  Raiders Nation do the right thing for your Franchise, Your Fans and Number 3.  Take down the Chiefs and put them on the road in the second round of the playoffs.

1 minute ago, LanderPoke said:

They have no chance without Carr

I don't believe that.  Houston had no chance and nearly did it.  Raiders have enough players to pull this off.  Raiders took a much better 49ers defense on and nearly beat them.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

I presume in this scenario, the Bills wouldn’t be hit with a forfeit. Yes, I guess it’s still possible if they were to take an L last week and yet still wind up ahead based on this week’s outcomes. So long as it’s announced by tomorrow. Good points all around.

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

I presume in this scenario, the Bills wouldn’t be hit with a forfeit. Yes, I guess it’s still possible if they were to take an L last week and yet still wind up ahead based on this week’s outcomes. So long as it’s announced by tomorrow. Good points all around.

I don't think a forfeit is happening, regardless.  Even announcing it as a tie messes with winning percentage.  I'm guessing it's ruled a no contest. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I don't understand how that wouldn't be the same?

A tie reduces your overall winning percentage. So a team that 12-4 is a head of a team that's 12-4-1... Meaning a tie is as good as a loss when the teams have not played the same number of games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

and if we hadn't fumbled the snap against Minny none of this would matter

Crazy how one play can completely change a season, huh?

Last year, the QB sneak against Tennessee cost the Bills the #1 seed and now this one play could end up doing the same.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

A tie reduces your overall winning percentage. So a team that 12-4 is a head of a team that's 12-4-1... Meaning a tie is as good as a loss when the teams have not played the same number of games. 

Yes, but in this situation we'd win even if we had the same winning percentage since we hold the tie breaker over KC, right?

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

It’s funny that for competitive integrity, it’s better the Bills take an L than a no contest. It’d keep hope alive for a pure #1 seed.

No, that's not right

Having the Chiefs lose and us win Sunday still gives us the #1 seed (probably the only way it happens now)

1 hour ago, wjag said:

So here is how the weekend is going to go.

The Raiders are going to do the Bills a solid and beat the Chiefs by "Damar points"

The Bills are going to beat the Patriots

So it be written, so it shall be done.

Prefer 33!

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Yes, but in this situation we'd win even if we had the same winning percentage since we hold the tie breaker over KC, right?

No, that's not right

Having the Chiefs lose and us win Sunday still gives us the #1 seed (probably the only way it happens now)

What are the chances of KC tying? If KC ends up 14-3, and we end up 13-3, I think KC should get the bye. But championship game between Buffalo and KC should be held on a neutral field. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.