Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

The bye in round one is probably more meaningful than home field advantage.  The AFC should add an eigth team and remove the bye.  And the championship game should be on a neutral field if it involves two of the  three top seeds (assuming bills, bengals, chiefs win this weekend). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

I usually don’t waste my time on mean people like you. But you’ll soon realize that we’ve been screwed royally and it’ll be too late. This is our year. 

The Bengals were going to trounce us by 3 scores. Tre was being abused out there and it wasn’t going to stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

My speculation is that the competition committee came up with a plan that they like, but they feel like they need buy-in from the owners. This meeting might be a sales pitch and looking for anybody who objects.

Yea you’re right. I guess I don’t want ppl like irsay  and Snyder - ppl w zero moral compass having a vote 

What would the league do/ how would they handle it if they knew this would happen before week 1? With the knowledge you couldn't reschedule or want to reschedule 

There is potential a solution when you look strictly how the league makes the schedule

Teams play 1 cross conference division in full, 1 in conference division in full and then the corresponding finishing positions of the other 2 in conference division to go along with 2 games against your own division

So my proposal would be to eliminate the corresponding games for the chiefs and ravens that resulted the Bills Bengals game was 

The bills Bengals was the 1st place vs 1st place game against the divisions set to play each other 

So the Chiefs would eliminate the Titans game (1st place vs in conference division the afc west was playing) and the ravens would eliminate their game against the jets (4th place vs the in conference division the afc north played )

• Process changed the title to Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

So if KC and the Bills both win, we are the #2 seed and get the #7 seed on Wild Card weekend ( either the Pats / Steelers / Fins / Jags ).

KC gets a bye.

Win that one and we're home for the Divisional round ( maybe the Bengals )

If KC and the Bills win the Divisonal round, neutral site for the AFCCG ( Indy ? )

I'm good with this ...

Edited by Seventeen
  • Agree 1

Well at least we now know we won’t have to go to Arrowhead for a AFC championship game. Win Sunday, get the 2 seed, have two home playoff games and then AFC Championship game on neutral field if KC also makes it that far. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

There was not one single reason to finish the game that was even close to the reason why it WASN'T finished.

The most important reason would be to avoid the inequity mess we are in now. The league has a responsibility to finish that game.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.