Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Feels like the neutral site for BUF/CIN would be Cleveland, and for BUF/KC would be Indianapolis.  Will be interesting to watch, hopefully it's not necessary.

I actually think it’ll probably be Indianapolis/Detroit no matter who plays. I think the NFL will want any chance of weather related issues eliminated. So they would choose a dome no matter which team result we end up with. 

4 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Feels like the neutral site for BUF/CIN would be Cleveland, and for BUF/KC would be Indianapolis.  Will be interesting to watch, hopefully it's not necessary.

Detroit for Buf/Cin  - NFC more neutral.   Buf/KC will be a warm weather NFC site. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

In that case, Buffalo retains the 1 seed but the proposed scenarios come into play for Buffalo and cincy only, if cincy also wins. I think. 

Don't think so as Cinci/KC would have 1 more loss and the AFCCG would be in BUF

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I actually think it’ll probably be Indianapolis/Detroit no matter who plays. I think the NFL will want any chance of weather related issues eliminated. So they would choose a dome no matter which team result we end up with. 

F*** that Detroit turf. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

BUF/CIN in Pitt?

BUF/KC in Cin? (Indy is in the middle though)

Now that Damar is improving, the kid gloves are coming off.  Bengals fans on their message board and social media are fairly pissed off. Claiming the Bills are using sympathy to drive themselves into the best seed position.  Their feeling is Cinci would’ve beaten Buffalo and get the 2 seed maybe the 1. 

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

How about Jacksonville  ? They host bowl games, neutral site games like Florida/Georgia. Weather is not bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

F*** that Detroit turf. 

True forgot about that. Plus it was just reported by Rappaport that Detroit is booked that weekend. So apparently it’s between Indy and Atlanta for a neutral site championship game. So dome either way and no weather issues. 

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Don't think so as Cinci/KC would have 1 more loss and the AFCCG would be in BUF

If Cincinnati and Buffalo both win in Week 18, a theoretical AFCCG between them would be at a neutral site, per the proposal. Cincy lost the opportunity to beat Buffalo in Week 17 with the cancelled game.

Edited by Punch

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Now that Damar is improving, the kid gloves are coming off.  Bengals fans on their message board and social media are fairly pissed off. Claiming the Bills are using sympathy to drive themselves into the best seed position.  Their feeling is Cinci would’ve beaten Buffalo and get the 2 seed maybe the 1. 

Yeah I think sadly now we will see a lot more negativity coming out of Cinci and KC once the league rolls out their decisions on seeding and other matters. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Detroit for Buf/Cin  - NFC more neutral.   Buf/KC will be a warm weather NFC site. 

The league can figure that out now. The Midwest is easy for everybody. 

College stadium with 100k. Why putz around with Cleveland or Detroit when you could get 2x the attendance then normal from 3 big fan bases. 

2 minutes ago, Punch said:

If Cincinnati and Buffalo both win in Week 18, a theoretical AFCCG between them would be at a neautral site, per the proposal. Cincy lost the opportunity to beat Buffalo in Week 17 with the cancelled game.

I'm not seeing that in the proposal ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.