Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

Basically if Buffalo and Kansas City both win or lose together, we play them at a neutral site, I think.

Damar looks like he's going to be ok and we don't have to play KC at Arrowhead. Two big wins in my book. Stop bit***** — this seems pretty fair this team will be GALVANIZED.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Punch said:

The Bills would unfairly benefit if they host Cincy in the Divisional Round (assuming they both win Week 18).

There are several inequitable scenarios that need to be factored into this proposal.

Baltimore got the biggest shaft.  They still had a potential shot at the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

So to summarize

Chiefs benefit with best chance at a bye and not having to go on the road 

Bills don't get help but also not completely screwed over 

Bengals get screwed over completely - chance they have to coin flip for chance at home field in the wild card round as a division winner, likely have to go on the road in the divisional round and then at best get a neutral site afc championship game lol 

If Bengals lose to Baltimore, which makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Punch said:

The Bills would unfairly benefit if they host Cincy in the Divisional Round (assuming they both win Week 18).

There are several inequitable scenarios that need to be factored into this proposal.

Yeah, I thought they would have put a Bills/Cincy game at a neutral location.

2 hours ago, Kiva said:

I usually don’t waste my time on mean people like you. But you’ll soon realize that we’ve been screwed royally and it’ll be too late. This is our year. 

If it’s our year, we’ll win.  If it’s not, we won’t.  

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

I don't think that is right.  If Bengals win they will be 12-4.  If KC loses, they will be 13-4.  Better record KC gets #1 seed.  Cincy cannot be #1 seed.

I hadn't thought that part through properly - thanks.

So basically only KC or the Bills can be one seed, and get the bye.  KC get it with a win this weekend, and only way we can get it is if KC loses and we win. 

That does have to be painful for the Bengals - they might well have beaten us and if they had and KC lost, they'd be one seed, now they have no chance. 

Admittedly, our chances at the one seed went from fair to slim, and the Bengals chances went from slim to none. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

So are we sharing one seed and no one gets a bye? I don’t see that verbiage on the release. 

No.  Seeding based on win %.  If KC wins on Saturday, they will be #1 seed.  Not shared.

If Buffalo also wins this week, and meet KC in championship game, game not in KC but neutral field.

There are more wrinkles as to other teams, but If Buffalo ends up 1/2 game behind KC and both reach championship, game at neutral field.

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

So basically only KC or the Bills can be one seed, and get the bye.  KC get it with a win this weekend, and only way we can get it is if KC loses and we win. 

That does have to be painful for the Bengals - they might well have beaten us and if they had and KC lost, they'd be one seed, now they have no chance. 

Admittedly, our chances at the one seed went from fair to slim, and the Bengals chances went from slim to none. 

Conversely, our chances of being the #2 seed as opposed the #3 seed went up as we did not have to beat Cincy.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Yep, probably the least painful way to do it.

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

This is correct. Which is why if the Bills DO get the 1 seed and meet CIN in the AFCCG, the game would have to be held at a neutral site since CIN had a chance at the 1 seed. The NFL’s release specifies an AFCCG neutral site only for those teams who had a shot at the 1 seed. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

No.  Seeding based on win %.  If KC wins on Saturday, they will be #1 seed.  Not shared.

If Buffalo also wins this week, and meet KC in championship game, game not in KC but neutral field.

There are more wrinkles as to other teams, but If Buffalo ends up 1/2 game behind KC and both reach championship, game at neutral field.

Where does the release explain seeding on win % and bye ?

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

So if KC loses, the Bills win, and the Bengals win, then the Bills get the 1 seed and the bye, but would have to face off against CIN at a neutral site since CIN would’ve been the 1 seed had they beaten Buffalo.

No.

1st sentence of press release says "for the AFCG, if both teams played an unequal number of games..."

1. We only play Cincy in Afcg: if Buff wins and KC loses (hence Bills jump to 1 seed).  All other scenarios, we'd play Bengals in Divisional round (if both teams advance)

2. Since we play same number of games as Cincy, the "neutral field" discussion becomes void for Afcg.

As biased as I am toward Bills, this really screws over Cincy.  Helps KC, but also helps us.  With a win Sunday....worst case: home/home/neutral.  Best: bye/home/home.  

Everyone can argue that we'd have won or lost against Cincy, but nobody knows how things would have gone.  

I'm just happy with today's Damar news + this outcome, which is reasonable enough for me.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Basically if Buffalo and Kansas City both win or lose together, we play them at a neutral site, I think.

Damar looks like he's going to be ok and we don't have to play KC at Arrowhead. Two big wins in my book. Stop bit***** — this seems pretty fair this team will be GALVANIZED.

We do have to play a wild card game though? Nice. Really hate this method.

• Disagree 1

I'm not worried about HFA and the neutral site thing. I think there is a very good chance the chargers with Bosa slater Williams and Allen beat the chiefs, and then we host them in the championship.

Not getting the bye sucks. But we should destroy whoever we play and hopefully come out with no injuries.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

No.

1st sentence of press release says "for the AFCG, if both teams played an unequal number of games..."

1. We only play Cincy in Afcg: if Buff wins and KC loses (hence Bills jump to 1 seed).  All other scenarios, we'd play Bengals in Divisional round (if both teams advance)

2. Since we play same number of games as Cincy, the "neutral field" discussion becomes void for Afcg.

As biased as I am toward Bills, this really screws over Cincy.  Helps KC, but also helps us.  With a win Sunday....worst case: home/home/neutral.  Best: bye/home/home.  

Everyone can argue that we'd have won or lost against Cincy, but nobody knows how things would have gone.  

I'm just happy with today's Damar news + this outcome, which is reasonable enough for me.

Stand corrected, it said “and” not “or.” If this is the scenario and the Bills are lucky enough to come away with the 1 seed and meet CIN in the AFCCG, the Bengals would have a legitimate gripe for the game being in Buffalo. In an ever changing NFL, I wouldn’t be surprised if public pressure forced them to take another look if it were to come to pass.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.