Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That's the other thing. They are instituting this decision and giving the Bengals the division championship before the game Sunday? If Ravens happen to pull off an upset it is going to be a shitshow.

Oh wow, yeah it would

As an aside, I'm still confused about this scenario:

Bills, Bengals and chiefs win this week. 

Then Cincy and the bills win in the wildcard weekend.  Then it's bills vs Cincy in the divisional game That game is going to be in Buffalo and not a neutral site???

Edited by TBBills Fan

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

So if the Bills, Raiders and Ravens win then the Bills get the bye and HFA throughout the playoffs. Is that right?

I’m hoping for that outcome.

That’s the only scenario where the Bills would be an uncontested 1 seed, even if the Bengals had beaten them, but it also has like a 1% chance of happening 😅

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

That’s the only scenario where the Bills would be an uncontested 1 seed, even if the Bengals had beaten them, but it also has like a 1% chance of happening 😅

Ravens game is irrelevant.  Bills win KC loses Bills #1 seed and have all the usual benefits of a #1 seed.  Bye and all games at home 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

Oh okay.  Now let me ask:

This week Bills win, KC loses, Cincy wins

Then if we play Cincy it's in the AFCGG. This game would be played where?

Right now in Buffalo because the release said “and” not “or” when describing teams that played an unequal number of games and had a chance at the one seed. That “and” should’ve read “or,” so if that were to happen, I’d think the Bengals would have a legitimate gripe if that game were in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Casey D said:

Ravens game is irrelevant.  Bills win KC loses Bills #1 seed and have all the usual benefits of a #1 seed.  Bye and all games at home 

Yeah I’m talking about the Bengals couldn’t complain about the Bills being a one seed if they were to lose to the Ravens. That would’ve eliminated them as a 1.

Right now in Buffalo because the release said “and” not “or” when describing teams that played an unequal number of games and had a chance at the one seed. That “and” should’ve read “or,” so if that were to happen, I’d think the Bengals would have a legitimate gripe if that game were in Buffalo.

Omg! My head hurtsJeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah okay. And I agree.  It seems the ravens, Cincy and us all have to give concessions. 

Chiefs definitely seem to have gotten lucky compared to the rest....

Edt..

But at the same time I think the ravens and Bengals really are taking harder hits then us as well. 

Edited by TBBills Fan

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That's the other thing. They are instituting this decision and giving the Bengals the division championship before the game Sunday? If Ravens happen to pull off an upset it is going to be a shitshow.

Records would end at Ravens 11-6, Bengals 11-5. Ravens can’t catch them. 

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah I’m talking about the Bengals couldn’t complain about the Bills being a one seed if they were to lose to the Ravens. That would’ve eliminated them as a 1.

Right.  Nothing is perfect here, but the good should not be the enemy of the perfect.  This proposal is about as good as you can do.  Cincy likely gets the worst of ti as they will beat the Ravens.  KC benefits, and for the Bills it is about a wash. 

Records would end at Ravens 11-6, Bengals 11-5. Ravens can’t catch them. 

They could if they didn't cancel the bengals/bills game and the Bills won. So by announcing the game as canceled, Baltimore has 0% chance to win their division. So yes, that is the complaint.

If this were the Bills and the Pats or Dolphins, we would be unimaginably pissed.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Lots of Cinci fans went from being sympathetic to mad after this press release. They feel they are being screwed. 

The thing is, Buffalo actually had control of the #1 seed destiny heading into the Bengals game.  Then Cinci took a 7-3 lead and got to the Bills 48 before disaster struck.  Plus Buffalo was down 2 defensive backs.  So by Bengals fans rationale they were going to win, which you definitely cannot say for sure.

Yep, here's a gem:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-got-hosed?pid=1306334#pid1306334

"Just remember this next time something like this happens, it doesn't pay to be the "good guy", we should have started the game back up or had them forfeit.

Anytime we put this in the hands of the NFL and it comes down to screwing us, the Chiefs, or the Bills we are gonna get the short end of the stick.

Hope everyone enjoyed the pat on the back the media gave the Bengals this week because it most likely cost us the 2 seed, and if the Chiefs lose this week the one seed."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.