Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Good point.  Very few teams have ever rallied to recover from a 7-3 first quarter deficit.  We totally got bailed out.

It's not like the Bengals rallied against the Bucs 17-3 two weeks ago in what looked like a potential blow out in the 1st half. No not at all. The Bucs beat the Bengals that game 😄

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Buf is a full game ahead of them with same # of games played.  The neutral site is if a team ends up a 1/2 game ahead.

Right but the entire point is due to how canceling the game put those teams in that situation and that's true for the Bengals as well, so I don't really understand why they didn't include them in that instance.

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Chiefs would ideally want the chance to have both. Not sure why you guys don't understand that "they should be happy with what they came away with" isn't really a winning argument. 

The solution the NFL gave hurts and helps each team respectively which was their strategy. So every team has something to be thankful for and something to be pissed about. 

Like I said earlier they should have either played the Bills/Bengals game or flipped a coin to determine the result and not changed the rules to help/hurt teams.

They nearly have both anyway with virtually zero risk of losing them lol.  And a buffalo kc afc championship which may or may not even  happen is at a neutral site it’s not like it’s in buffalo.   I just don’t understand where you’re coming from.  If you flipped the situation kc fans would be pissed we were getting the bye when they had the edge in the 1 seed and an act of god canceled a game.  Even more pissed than they are right now I’d wager 

you have chosen to say the actual winning argument isn’t relevant when it very much is 😂. It has nothing to do with anyone else not understanding anything.  If you flipped a coin to decide the winner of the game and we win it, kc would’ve been pissed that they lost the 1 seed because of a coin.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

There are what, 19 drives per game? We played 2 drives plus one set of downs, and the score was 7-3.

The last time the bills trailed 7-3 on the road against a top 3 passing team, they won. 

The Bills trailed at the 6 minute mark of Q1 in 5 games this year, and won all 5. 

The Bills gave up opening drive TDs a handful of times this year, won plenty of those games, and didn't allow another TD more than once. 

The Bills' defensive DOA improves from 23rd in Q1 to 1st in the nfl in Q2, and 6th in the second half.

i.e. no, I don't believe this at all, ur a wimp

dvoa doesnt include not having taron , stats are meaningless here

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They nearly have both anyway with virtually zero risk of losing them lol.  And a buffalo kc afc championship which may or may not even  happen is at a neutral site it’s not like it’s in buffalo.   I just don’t understand where you’re coming from.  If you flipped the situation kc fans would be pissed we were getting the bye when they had the edge in the 1 seed and an act of god canceled a game.  

you have chosen to say the actual winning argument isn’t relevant when it very much is 😂. It has nothing to do with anyone else not understanding anything.  If you flipped a coin to decide the winner of the game and we win it, kc would’ve been pissed that they lost the 1 seed because of a coin.  

We are currently pissed KC is getting the bye when we have the edge in the 1 seed. At least I know I am. 

KC is pissed that there was a decent chance the Bills could lose to the Bengals and give them control of 1 seed again.

Both teams have something to be pissed about, but you guys are saying the Chiefs fans shouldn't be pissed for some reason?

Yes they'd be pissed they lost 1 seed because of a coin but at least it wouldn't be some indecisive arbitrary changing of the seeding rules.

11 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Chiefs would ideally want the chance to have both. Not sure why you guys don't understand that "they should be happy with what they came away with" isn't really a winning argument. 

The solution the NFL gave hurts and helps each team respectively which was their strategy. So every team has something to be thankful for and something to be pissed about. 

Like I said earlier they should have either played the Bills/Bengals game or flipped a coin to determine the result and not changed the rules to help/hurt teams.

As you say, every team has gained to a degree and lost to a degree due to this scenario. What they should have done is nullified the advantages gained by the number one seed to the best of their ability - for me, that means add an eighth seed, remove the bye, and have any game which involved a combination of the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs played on a neutral field.

The AFC North should be decided on Sunday; if the Ravens won, they’d take the division and the higher seed based on divisional record as they would have swept the Bengals and would have taken the division had the Bills beaten the Bengals on Monday night. If the Bengals win, they would take the division. At least then, there wouldn’t be a coin flip if the Bengals and Ravens met in the play offs to decide home field and, should the Bengals lose against the Ravens, they’d provisionally get a better position in the draft and an easier schedule, on paper, in 2023. As it is, it’s a fudge.

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

As you say, every team has gained to a degree and lost to a degree due to this scenario. What they should have done is nullified the any advantages gained by the number one seed to the best of their ability - for me, that means add an eighth seed, remove the bye, and have any game which involved a combination of the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs played on a neutral field.

The AFC North should be decided on Sunday; if the Ravens won, they’d take the division and the higher seed based on divisional record as they would have swept the Bengals and would have taken the division had the Bills beaten the Bengals on Monday night. If the Bengals win, they would take the division. At least then, there wouldn’t be a coin flip if the Bengals and Ravens met in the play offs to decide home field and, should the Bengals lose against the Ravens, they’d provisionally get a better position in the draft and an easier schedule, on paper, in 2023. As it is, it’s a fudge.

Exactly. And every fan base that loses in these playoffs is going to blame the disadvantage given in this scenario for the loss and credit the victor with their advantage. 

Its going to be a ***** show. 

At least with a coin flip for Bills @ Bengals, you have a singular thing to blame.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Am I the only one that thinks the nfl found the most convoluted solution possible?   I think they figure if no one understands it, then we’ll all assume its fair.  

Exactly! They are opening advantages and disadvantages for every fan base to B word about. 

53 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Made the mistake of checking out the Chiefs board to see their thoughts.  As usual,  they’re mostly all scumbags.  Some saying Bills chose not to play for this reason and the NFL is screwing KC on purpose.

If the NFL didn’t hand the Chiefs a win against the Broncos last week the situation would be a whole lot easier. ***** the Chiefs! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

It includes games poyer, Milano, Hyde, Oliver, Rousseau etc. missed too. 

but not exactly against cincy. i agree its  prob best stat we have. but its just suggestive. not conclusive

Edited by balln

34 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

With Tre getting cooked and both Taron and Hamlin out, the Bengals marching for another score to go up 14-3, I find it funny to see so many Mafia acting like the Bengals were not well on their way to winning that game. I despise KC (mostly because of their success and ending the Bills season the last two years), but their fans are rightfully pissed.

image.thumb.png.e3a79e75d9409e698ab764c180ccc739.png

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Made the mistake of checking out the Chiefs board to see their thoughts.  As usual,  they’re mostly all scumbags.  Some saying Bills chose not to play for this reason and the NFL is screwing KC on purpose.

Are Chiefs fans really this dense? After watching their teammate and Brother die on the field, the only thing the Bills coaching staff was thinking about was.............. how can we screw over the Chiefs................gmfb, that's about as dumb as those who are 100% certain the Bills were "about to get blown out".

25 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I think the neutral site should also apply for the Bengals v Ravens playoff if the Ravens win Sunday. 

Why? Because it's a fair way to deal with an indeterminate outcome. We don't know who won the AFC North because the season was incomplete. So rather than deciding by an arbitrary flip of the coin, play on an even field and give each team half of the tickets. 

That's also why the neutral site AFCCG makes sense, because the most likely senario is we won't know who actually won the #1 seed. It's incomplete. You give the bye to the team that's leading, because there is only one to give.

But if two teams face each other that could have won the #1 seed based on an incomplete result, play on an even field and give each team half of the seats. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Am I the only one that thinks the nfl found the most convoluted solution possible?   I think they figure if no one understands it, then we’ll all assume its fair.  

It's a pretty ridiculous solution. But after this weekend a lot will be cleared up and back to normal. Assuming Bengals win really the only change going into the playoffs would be if KC and Buf meet it will be at a neutral site. 

9 minutes ago, balln said:

but not exactly against cincy. i agree its  prob best stat we have. but its just suggestive. not conclusive

True, I don't mean that it's an absolute predictor, but it jives with the eye test and other stats in suggesting our defense can take a few drives to get warmed up and adjusted. Combined with other things, I'm just not willing to let the idea that the Bengals would definitely win, let alone definitely blow us out, slide 

Edited by arcane

3 minutes ago, Process said:

It's a pretty ridiculous solution. But after this weekend a lot will be cleared up and back to normal. Assuming Bengals win really the only change going into the playoffs would be if KC and Buf meet it will be at a neutral site. 

Thanks.  Thats kinda where I’m at with it.   Just play the games this weekend then we’ll see how it all sorts out Sunday night.   In the meantime, just keepin praying for Hamlin and the team to keep getting better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.