Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

My father was black and blue from his neck to his kneecaps after he awoke following CPR, sedation, cooling, intubation,etc. - CPR is a very violent act to the body.

My first aid instructor said you're very likely to break the person's ribs while doing CPR, small price to pay though.

I'd love to see the look on Damar's face when they tell him how much money was raised for his charity! Great news!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, davspo said:

The power of prayer.  God is good my friends.  A lot of remarkable people made this happen.  Let this be an example of the good in the human race. 

The power of medical science and learned and knowledgable first responders is pretty awesome too.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Another stupid question - does "neurologically intact" mean that there will be no long term negative effects on brain function?

Great question, and I don't truly know the scope of what it means.  Certainly critical autonomic functions and gross measures of brain activity/responsiveness.

Physicians/neurologists would be best to answer this question.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

My first aid instructor said you're very likely to break the person's ribs while doing CPR, small price to pay though.

I'd love to see the look on Damar's face when they tell him how much money was raised for his charity! Great news!

Yes. I've spoken to people who have either performed or witnessed real life CPR.  It isn't like the movies/TV.  It's brutal.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.